Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:37:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash Mining - GTX  (Read 347 times)
DRAHdk (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 02:04:07 PM

Miner: Nicehash Miner v.: 2.0.3.0

CPU: Intel i5-4670K 3.4GHz
GPU1: Asus GT640
GPU2: Asus GTX770

I'm trying to get my windows rig to mine using one or both of my GPU's ... One is an older one, ASUS GT640 2Gb Low Profile from my SETI Linux Rigs I made, and the other is a GTX770, a very expensive card I bought a while back. I've got some GTX750ti LP as well, haven't tested those yet, but I don't want to use those, because I using those in my Linux rigs which I hope to get to work using Linux. But, this win rig here, I've heard that you can mine using nicehash even if your GPU isn't from yesterday. And this is why I'm trying ethereum.

Running the benchmark shows both cards, but only the CPU is chosen when running the miner. I've been trying for 3-4 weeks now. I'm not just asking away here Wink Please help me Wink

Kind Regards,
Dan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:50:22 PM

Ethereum mining requires at least 3 GB of VRAM due to constantly growing DAG size. Unfortunately, you won't be able to mine Ethereum with those two cards. I haven't used the new NiceHash app but the older one allowed user to choose algorithm. You should be able to mine something else.
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:53:47 PM

The cards are probably too old to use nicehash. Or as said above they require a minimum of 3Gb ram.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 05:34:33 PM

cards are never too old to mine every coin out there, the VRAM the 2 posts above talk about the irrelvant to your issue, it's only an issue related to DAG size of ETH.

your problem is most likely to do with security/firewall

here is what you need to do for test " at your own risk"

1- disable firewall/antivrus make sure NH folder is not in any protection mode
2- check your router firewall , if you tell me what is the exact router you using,i  may be able to assist you,and easier way to toruble shoot this , would be to use a different router.
3- use a different version of nice hash, try Lagecy.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DRAHdk (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:37:43 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2019, 08:27:23 PM by DRAHdk

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for your quick response... Really, thank you!

I so need a win on this......

I talk R2D2 pretty well so we can talk about routers, configs etc as its done Wink

My router (until this 1. february - It'll be replaced with a CISCO 18xx cant remember the model number and we haven't decided:)) is a DLink DIR 655 With static IP (Real static) . We've been given additional 16IP's from 1.2 also. I'm NAT'ing and this WIN Rig is set to DHCP. So, let's try that:

1- disable firewall/antivrus make sure NH folder is not in any protection mode
Antivirus completely uninstalled.
Regarding firewall. Well, I can't disable NAT obviously Wink But a port forward maybe? What Say You Sire Huh

2- check your router firewall , if you tell me what is the exact router you using,i  may be able to assist you,and easier way to trouble shoot this , would be to use a different router.
OK, its just that I was thinking that if its possible for it to mine using the CPU, then why not the GPU's?? Same "street" they are travelling at or? Wink

Well, there you lost me completely Wink I'm not familiar with the different distros... hence me being super greatfull for the help. First help I 'm getting beside Rinoa Super Genius and FAQ's - a lot of them..

I've got 3 images I want to share with you. Trying to ipload those images to our webserver . It'll appear beneath this in a moment.

-------------------------------
http://drah.dk/onlineimages/WhatNot01.jpg
http://drah.dk/onlineimages/WhatNot02.jpg
http://drah.dk/onlineimages/WhatNot03.jpg
-------------------------------

Again, thank you!!!

Dan

DRAHdk (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 08:36:36 PM

Ethereum mining requires at least 3 GB of VRAM due to constantly growing DAG size. Unfortunately, you won't be able to mine Ethereum with those two cards. I haven't used the new NiceHash app but the older one allowed user to choose algorithm. You should be able to mine something else.

Hi my friend...

I feel like a complete idiot... I've bought 2x4 GTX750ti LP for my Linux rigs to get going and I had 2x4 GT640 LP. I'm lost for words.. Actually I'm pretty sad about this. I'm greatfull you helped me realising this so that I not wasted more time than I've allready did.. Cry

So now I'll go build my DIY combi cooler for my lathe and drill.... I've got my part of eBay from china yesterday... 7 weeks in transit Wink

KR
Dan
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 09:19:18 PM

Hi Mikey,

Antivirus completely uninstalled.
Regarding firewall. Well, I can't disable NAT obviously Wink But a port forward maybe? What Say You Sire Huh

just disable the firewall .

OK, its just that I was thinking that if its possible for it to mine using the CPU, then why not the GPU's?? Same "street" they are travelling at or? Wink

packets from NH software use the same gateway to send both CPU and GPU packets , but each goes to a different destination, it's very possible that your router blocks only those GPU traffics.

Well, there you lost me completely Wink I'm not familiar with the different distros... hence me being super greatfull for the help. First help I 'm getting beside Rinoa Super Genius and FAQ's - a lot of them..

I've got 3 images I want to share with you. Trying to ipload those images to our webserver . It'll appear beneath this in a moment.

yes that is not the Legacy version. try to see if Legacy solves your problem.

if all fails, then probably you need to change driver. also make sure you have all algo's enabled.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DRAHdk (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:41:37 AM

Hi Mikey,

Did you see this about 3Gb?

It's just that AverageJoe from Youtube did it 3 monts ago using 1 Gb and 2 Gb... He did talk about a BETA driver or something like that... Can't remember the exact word. Do you know anyone using stuff like this now?

And its not ethereum only, for me. I want to mine bitcoins directly, but due to all of this "rubish" about it being or not being profitable, irritates me. What if you live on iceland or one of our (Danish) other islands... where electricity is almost free!?

Regarding firewall. Well, I can't disable NAT obviously Wink But a port forward maybe? What Say You Sire ?

just disable the firewall.

Theres not a ON/OFF option here. Theres Firewall settings only. This is where you set your place your webserver "outside" the NAT (DMZ). The "UnSafe" side as we usually call it. NAT does the firewall'ing here. DMZ, in case you don't know it, only work for one rig, no more. I cant just cut NAT. Then all machines would be out there...
But, I seem to remember theres a place where I can allow incomming ports and vice verse, I'm not sure... looking for it now.... Please see this.. A log from security&firewall:

Code:
Priority	Time	Message
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:28:47 2019 Log viewed by IP address 192.168.x.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:21:01 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 71.6.202.205 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:17:15 2019 Allowed configuration authentication by IP address 192.168.x.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:12:37 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 59.35.222.175 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:12:35 2019 Above message repeated 1 times
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:10:34 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 1.192.192.6 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:10:32 2019 Above message repeated 7 times
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:10:22 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 13) from 1.192.192.6 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:10:22 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 1.192.192.6 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:05:00 2019 Blocked outgoing ICMP packet (ICMP type 3) from 192.168.x.xx to 194.239.134.83
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:00:37 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 195.249.209.141 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:00:18 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 195.215.247.178 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 07:00:07 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 23.65.29.92 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 06:59:57 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 195.249.26.78 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 06:59:37 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 195.249.209.141 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 06:59:18 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 195.215.247.178 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 06:59:07 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 23.65.29.92 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 06:58:57 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 195.249.26.78 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 06:58:37 2019 Blocked incoming ICMP packet (ICMP type 8) from 195.249.209.141 to 87.49.xxx.xx
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 06:47:50 2019 Blocked outgoing TCP packet from 192.168.x.xx:58133 to 5.179.89.91:80 as ACK received but there is no active connection
[INFO] Sat Jan 19 06:44:06 2019 Blocked incoming TCP packet from 68.113.114.2:80 to 87.49.xxx.xx:63377 as SYN:ACK received but there is no active connection

I'll just try and throw that port  58133 in the face of my rig. It's just that I never, as in NEVER, really had luck in assigning a win rig with a fixed ip. I simply cant make it work...  On Linux distros no problem what so ever Wink

I'll give it a go Wink

Thanks Mikey!!! Really!!
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:03:58 PM

Hi Mikey,

Did you see this about 3Gb?

It's just that AverageJoe from Youtube did it 3 monts ago using 1 Gb and 2 Gb... He did talk about a BETA driver or something like that... Can't remember the exact word. Do you know anyone using stuff like this now?

if by 3gb you mean the VRAM size,then have a look at this > https://investoon.com/tools/dag_size

on windows, the system needs to use a good amount of your gpu's too, so even though for eth dag file is less than 3 you will not be able to mine eth on windows with less than 4gb, you may however use linux and technically it should work.

And its not ethereum only, for me. I want to mine bitcoins directly, but due to all of this "rubish" about it being or not being profitable, irritates me. What if you live on iceland or one of our (Danish) other islands... where electricity is almost free!?

if you want to mine btc , get an ASIC, if you want to get paid in btc rent your power to nicehash or anything alike, or just mine and sell the coin for btc.

Theres not a ON/OFF option here. Theres Firewall settings only. This is where you set your place your webserver "outside" the NAT (DMZ). The "UnSafe" side as we usually call it. NAT does the firewall'ing here. DMZ, in case you don't know it, only work for one rig, no more. I cant just cut NAT. Then all machines would be out there...

there is nothing as NAT does the firewalling , never been and never will, i don't know how you getting this mixed up,  anyway moving your rig to dmz will not help, it will still face the same rules.

I'll just try and throw that port  58133 in the face of my rig. It's just that I never, as in NEVER, really had luck in assigning a win rig with a fixed ip. I simply cant make it work...  On Linux distros no problem what so ever Wink

there is no need to do so, just watch your firewall log, see what packets are being dropped when nicehash starts, once you that you can just make a new rule to let it slip.
----------------------------------------
also i still urge you to download lagecy as it could fix your problem without all the hustle.

Thanks Mikey!!! Really!!

welcome.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:49:23 PM

Those GPUs are too old to mine any coin effectively. Even with free power you would be earning less than $1 per month. Also, why are you switching to a Cisco 18xx ISR for a router? They're very underpowered (an 1841 can barely do 20Mbps NAT throughput without maxing CPU).
DRAHdk (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:00:10 PM

Those GPUs are too old to mine any coin effectively. Even with free power you would be earning less than $1 per month. Also, why are you switching to a Cisco 18xx ISR for a router? They're very underpowered (an 1841 can barely do 20Mbps NAT throughput without maxing CPU).
[/quote

Hi AstralEureka Wink

Thanks my friend.... for helping us Wink We are being closed in by snow BTW Wink Well, I've got a GTX750ti as well (well, 8 or more I think), but this doesn't change anything, right?

Sorry for the late answer, I had an job to do this whole weekend.... I'm still building that cooler I refereed to earlier on. It'll be done this afternoon and the I hope to be able to solve the problem. I've tried the things we talked about. I need to find the one place in my config of the router, where I open all ports just to test this too. As we talked about I cant just "off" the whole shebang due to the DMZ setup. I couls shut everything down and reconfigure the router , but is this the thing to do now?

Well, to be honest I'm not sure what to get. There's a lot off different models in each series. I've written the firm i UK that I plan to buy it from.

You've read my little setup. What would you suggest? Budget max. 1000USD. Need to be RACK mountable Wink Prefer full width, not a kit Wink 

Need to be able to bake a "safe side" and a "unsafe" where the web-servers, name servers, SQL and mail                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Regarding the 3Gb, I was referring to this reply:

Quote from: BitCryptex on January 18, 2019, 03:50:22 PM

astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:29:16 PM

750Ti can mine Monero at a very low hashrate, but it is quite power efficient. Probably capable of some other algorithms too, although at low speeds.

If you want a new piece of hardware, just get a small x86 rackmount (with Atom or Celeron is okay) and use something like VyOS (https://vyos.io/) or PFSense (https://www.pfsense.org/) - it will be able to handle much more traffic than an 18xx ISR as well as many more features. Supermicro makes some good cheap barebones machines with Atom CPU in a quarter-depth 1U, about the same size as 18xx ISR.
DRAHdk (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 01:17:00 AM

Hi,

750Ti can mine Monero at a very low hashrate, but it is quite power efficient. Probably capable of some other algorithms too, although at low speeds.

Thats exactly why I chose them for my 2U Rackmounted serverchassis. Theres 4 in each chassis and it runs mobo and 4 GPU's for SETI under 300 watts! So using the more common 300watts 2U PSU its not that expensive. The 500watts 2UPSU costs twice the price of a 300watts here in DK...

OK, maybe I misunderstood firewall. In this case you mean firewall locally/the rig we are working at here Wink ?!?

Forwarded som ports... And, Installed a GTX750ti as well to see if it works better ´.

Well, I would have liked all these cards to work at something, because I've invested in quite a few. I will buy 1050ti 4 of them next week.. But still, I would very much like it to run... to solve this.. And as you say, smaller cards can be used, a guy I

AstralEureka, I can't seem to find a DL link to the Legacy version.... I'm ending up at all sorts of smelly sites with a lot of wrong stuff Wink

KR
Dan
DRAHdk (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:41:17 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2019, 03:17:25 AM by DRAHdk

If you want a new piece of hardware, just get a small x86 rackmount (with Atom or Celeron is okay) and use something like VyOS (https://vyos.io/) or PFSense (https://www.pfsense.org/) - it will be able to handle much more traffic than an 18xx ISR as well as many more features. Supermicro makes some good cheap barebones machines with Atom CPU in a quarter-depth 1U, about the same size as 18xx ISR.

Hi ... Again Wink

Well, now things are gertting better Wink I installed this GIT'ed CUDA 10 and suddenly my drivers GUI (TWEAK Bragging stuff) worked again. I did install CUDA earlier on, but this from inhere (link down below) bade a difference. Still, the GTX770 would take, but 750ti was OK i think. Look beneath. I still dont get it, 770 is more powerfull, but 750ti is a newer card though.

Look here...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0

More comming..... processing Wink

Sorry, it wasn't GIT'ed, its from inhere - But this is the CUDA 10 I installed just to see what this could do... Haven't tried the "nhm_windows_2.0.3.0.exe" yet... :
https://mega.nz/#F!O4YA2JgD!n2b4iSHQDruEsYUvTQP5_w

I especially like the words appearing "Mining with High Intensity"  Grin

This was what had changed compered to the other cards:

http://drah.dk/onlineimages/WhatNot04.jpg

And here's some positive feedback:

http://drah.dk/onlineimages/WhatNot05.jpg

http://drah.dk/onlineimages/WhatNot06.jpg

What say you Sire Wink

OK, it's done... let's see what happens next... Trying the installled version of nicehash first then the one I found and the maybe we should try that LEGACY thingy...
Please notice that this windows tweak thing, it's possible to change card config there. Clock etc... And I've been hearing much about that. Not that I'm going to beat my card in any way. All my Linux rigs, the ones I buiuld for SETI etc., those I've been setting up with a lot of testing in advance, shellscripts I did which checked coretemps on CPU's but GPU's as well, and if one was high, I got a warning. If one or more was to high I got a warning, it went to a log and then the system shutdown... Using CUDA on Linux, the Ubunutu distro anyway, made the nvidia tool nvidia-smi go bananas.... only a simple readout of temp was possible, so I fitted some scripts Wink

Well, enough talk here... lets try it out Wink

http://drah.dk/onlineimages/WhatNot07.jpg

KR
Dan
DRAHdk (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:46:25 PM

Hello again guys...

I got me one of those GTX1050ti 4Gb cards, the one from MSI. Now I'm trying to figure out which algorithm to mine... Right from the start it mined at 21.000-19.000 Sols. According to my calculations I would be able to mine the same in 1 day as I've bin so far in 1 month. Quite a difference. Then I tried to select which algorithms to mine and then it went straight down to nothing again Wink

But, now I should be able to mine running e.g. CGminer I guess. I'll be running my Linux systems and should the cards perform OK, I'll fill all 4 systems with 4 in each. I'm building a couple of raspberry pies, RACK mounted, mining using those USBminers.. Which is best do you think? And I don't think in used electricity, I'm producing my own power.

astraleureka, you install all of CUDA10 to mine???

Which CISCO would you suggest? I've got Fixed IP, and 16 extra IP's for internet servers. I've got a modem so I need a CISCO with a WAN port, no built-in modems or anything. My line will be upgraded within a month, we've got the fast lines out here (the sticks) at last Wink

Anyway one of you Linux Miners could help a fellow out ? Maybe making a little todo Wink I've been trying this for several months now, or maybe even a year now... It may just be due to the old cards, which I just didn't get was that old. Nevertheless, lesson learned...

Thanks,
KR
Dan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: