Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 12:09:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Bitcoin ATM in Venezuela  (Read 944 times)
kenzawak (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:46:03 PM
Merited by freedomgo (1)

https://blockmanity.com/news/bitcoin/venezuela-to-get-its-first-bitcoin-atm/

It should be installed in Caracas in the next two weeks.
CryptoBuyer, a cryptocurrency ATM manufacturer, is planning to install the countries first Bitcoin ATM. The news was announced by the company’s CEO Jorge Farias on a Union Radio podcast. The ATM will be installed in Caracas and will be opened in the next two weeks.

“We are going to install the first cryptocurrency ATM in Venezuela, in the course of the next two weeks (…), we already have the equipment physically installed in Venezuela, in Caracas and they are in their final tests and we will be announcing them in social networks “, Jorge Farias said.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1582
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 03:36:32 PM

CryptoBuyer, a cryptocurrency ATM manufacturer, is planning to install the countries first Bitcoin ATM. The news was announced by the company’s CEO Jorge Farias on a Union Radio podcast. The ATM will be installed in Caracas and will be opened in the next two weeks.

“We are going to install the first cryptocurrency ATM in Venezuela, in the course of the next two weeks (…), we already have the equipment physically installed in Venezuela, in Caracas and they are in their final tests and we will be announcing them in social networks “, Jorge Farias said.
Good news for the Bitcoin enthusiasts in Venezuela. I do hope that some countries will do the same because that is where and how people will recognize what Bitcoin is, how it works and spread adoption. I am also thinking of high fees with atm's as they are few in the area or got only one unit. Some of my friends we also have in our country but with high fees in every transaction .

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:03:33 PM

Yes this will be the good news for all of us who are thinking Bitcoin will going down and we need a lot of good and best news for the Bitcoin users to be enhance their mind to the good stage and it will be the useful things to the people also to withdraw bitcoin very easily and that is changing it.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:44:16 PM

The best business to start in Venezuela right now. I think that most people from Venezuela were struggling all this time to buy their cryptocurrency from localbitoins. Now they have an alternative easier than before. It can increase and let them make a better living as it is a way out of their current economic situation.
MadaraAvenger

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:56:18 PM

In Venezuela ? Isn't now a super bad time for its citizens ? I heard that Columbia is letting Venezuelans in their country with millions and the history tell us that this 2 countries were always friendly one with the other. To see a BTC ATM in such a country puts a joy in my heart as Venezuela deserves a lot better than now....

Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2187

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 08:21:46 PM

This would be a very good form of local publicity where people can buy bitcoin at their doorstep, and hopefully this would be the first of many, not just in Venezuela but other countries where the citizens are not very exposed to digital technology.

Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 08:27:59 PM

It's kind of good and bad news.
The Bitcoin volume in Venezuela raised in thousands percents in past 12 months because this is the only viable way to operate with money there. The good news is more people will have easiest access, the bad news is government and criminals could watch the ATM closely. A friend of mine living there told me that it's not the safest way to operate publicly with coins.

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
.COOK.
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:38:41 PM

It's kind of good and bad news.
The Bitcoin volume in Venezuela raised in thousands percents in past 12 months because this is the only viable way to operate with money there. The good news is more people will have easiest access, the bad news is government and criminals could watch the ATM closely. A friend of mine living there told me that it's not the safest way to operate publicly with coins.
I heard that too, its quiet not safe but hopefully they will be more secured this time. I think cryptocurrency can help Venezuela to survive on their crisis right now, and if the result of this is positive we can expect that many country will also follow this move
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:51:04 PM

A friend of mine living there told me that it's not the safest way to operate publicly with coins.

Not the safest way in what manner? That ill minded individuals wait for people to buy Bitcoin through an ATM and then steal their private key that's printed in form of a paper receipt?

I'm sure that every Bitcoin ATM is placed in a crowded location where it is clearly visible to have people's attention for marketing and safety purposes. It's even happening with legacy ATM's that they are built into super markets or other buildings where there is a constant inflow/outflow of crowd.

I am a supporter of every fiat entry point, and this is one more that we can add to the list. Let's hope that pro maduro camps won't attempt to get rid of them. More support for Bitcoin means less potential support for their shitty Petro scam coin.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 04:35:36 AM

Bitcoin ATM being installed in Venezuela means intelligent people believe that Bitcoin will be the king of future currency.  Despite the bearish trend running in the market; such initiative being taken is definitely the result of farsightedness of the entrepreneur installing ATM. .
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 06:52:36 AM

It's great to see more and more countries open to adopting Bitcoin and in general, digital currencies and moving with the times. I also think the company installing the ATM is going to make some handsome profits and it's these people that make the most money. Those people that bring something in for the very first time to be used. The Pioneers are also the great moneymakers, shakers, and movers and when there is a demand for something and they are first to market, they are the ones that will benefit most from all of this. I hope the People of Venezuela take advantage of this new digital currency and blockchain technology to improve their lives and future of their kid's lives as well.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 07:59:16 AM

Actually I hear the most about Venezuelan countries that support bitcoin, although there are many positive and negative responses to this, but I still hope that it can make bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies acceptable in other countries legally and have a favorable value for investors though it will be difficult to arrive at that but I'm sure slowly but surely bitcoin and crypto currencies will get a place in people's hearts.
NellaKharisma

Activity: 76
Merit: 14

SYNAPSECOIN.NET

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 12:13:48 PM

I see that Venezuela is one of the countries that have the biggest bitcoin transactions even after Russia, I got this report from the p2p localbitcoin market. Chances are they are trading more on the big exchanges too, even though many Venezuelans are said to have left the country. Bitcoin ATMs will be more useful in that country, this is good news.

awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 01:13:04 PM

Actually I hear the most about Venezuelan countries that support bitcoin, although there are many positive and negative responses to this, but I still hope that it can make bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies acceptable in other countries legally and have a favorable value for investors though it will be difficult to arrive at that but I'm sure slowly but surely bitcoin and crypto currencies will get a place in people's hearts.
because the acute crisis in the country resulted in their currency being worthless. and finally the government adopted a policy to use cryptocurrency as a means of payment. with the presence of atm in the country, it shows that they are increasingly consistent using cryptocurrency, so it is expected that if many countries legalize it, they will be released from the crisis

Lumi3004

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 01:16:00 PM

This is becoming better for the Venezuelan country with a bitcoin ATM in that country, because all of them know that currently the Venezuelan country is experiencing money problems, the worst ekinomi at the moment, hopefully this will be better for the country in the future especially, cryptocurrency and bitcoin.
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 01:41:14 PM

A friend of mine living there told me that it's not the safest way to operate publicly with coins.

Not the safest way in what manner? That ill minded individuals wait for people to buy Bitcoin through an ATM and then steal their private key that's printed in form of a paper receipt?

I'm sure that every Bitcoin ATM is placed in a crowded location where it is clearly visible to have people's attention for marketing and safety purposes. It's even happening with legacy ATM's that they are built into super markets or other buildings where there is a constant inflow/outflow of crowd.

I am a supporter of every fiat entry point, and this is one more that we can add to the list. Let's hope that pro maduro camps won't attempt to get rid of them. More support for Bitcoin means less potential support for their shitty Petro scam coin.

Seems you've never been in a country with attitude and problems like Venezuela.

Yes, the ATM is on crowded place but if you think that could save you from robbery or beating the sh*t out of you and rob you, you are in big mistake. Still its good to have more support for bitcoin and every other alternative. 

████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
.COOK.
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
jerry7788
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 02:01:54 PM

Congratutaion!
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 02:27:42 PM

I wonder how long this will last, I've heard of government officials confiscating bitcoin miners from citizens already.  I doubt the government will stand by and let people freely convert to bitcoin while they are trying to implement their own state backed cryptocurrency.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 6388

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 03:33:08 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2019, 04:18:57 PM by stompix

Hmmmm, this came as a serious surprise
If they have indeed obtained licenses for it it will be like the news of the year.

With all the mess Venezuela is in, the whole petro fiasco letting people transfer their money into a currency they can't control?
If I remember correctly the ones that tried this in India ended up in jail, I do hope these guys have done their homework better.

From what I've seen in the news, when there is a crowd in front of a supermarket usually it takes a few seconds and the rumor that they have stocked with enough to make one portion of kasha to enter a mad max scenario...

LE:

I envy those Bitcoin enthusiasts that are living in Venezuela.

Seriously? You envy people who live in a country with a million or something inflation, that have no food and ended up on a weight loss program of 10 kilos per citizen, you envy the people who have killed all the animals from zoos, that are fleeing by the millions a country that can't provide anything for their citizens, no food, no medicine, no nothing?

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 04:13:12 PM

I envy those Bitcoin enthusiasts that are living in Venezuela. This is a great project having an ATM installed in Caracas. I do hope that our country, and might be all countries too will also adopt the innovation from Financial Technology like this. As a bitcoin enthusiast, I would love to at least spend and get my cryptocurrencies converted and accepted with an ATM. After a year, if no-one will still initiate this kind of project, I think it is me who will change the game.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: