Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:41:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware/Paper Long-Term Security for Cold Storage  (Read 152 times)
Newtl (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 05:36:26 AM

When it comes down to Storage of Cryptocurrency Long-Term many suggest Options Like Ledger, Trezor & Co.....

Sometimes you hear Paper Wallet, just the Limits of a pure Paper ( or metal ) Wallet is obvious ( sending is harder, Lose of the Paper)

Anyway which ones is better to Use..... What gives the Best Long-Term Storage and Security to the Holder?

LTZ-LitecoinZ-Designed For The Future
Discord: https://discord.gg/QNcS4Pm
Official Website: https://litecoinz.org/
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 06:52:40 AM

wherever storing cryptocurrency in the paper wallet or hardware wallet that I prioritize the most is making it on the official site. but usually I use a wallet core to store they.

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
TradingIsBreath

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 07:22:21 AM

When it comes down to Storage of Cryptocurrency Long-Term many suggest Options Like Ledger, Trezor & Co.....

Sometimes you hear Paper Wallet, just the Limits of a pure Paper ( or metal ) Wallet is obvious ( sending is harder, Lose of the Paper)

Anyway which ones is better to Use..... What gives the Best Long-Term Storage and Security to the Holder?

Will explain you the complete details that you need to know about the wallets. Hope after reading this you would be able to choose one for you.

A crypto wallet works just like a bank account where we can store the transactions made, can use to send and receive digital currency.

As we know, having a digital wallet is not registered under the law of any country, we have to choose the cryptocurrency wallet for digitized transactions carefully. Selecting the wrong wallet might lead to your money loss.

Hence, it's very critical to understand the benefits of each of the wallets before using one for yourself.

A multiple currency wallet or multi-currency wallet or universal cryptocurrency wallet is the one which supports more than one cryptocurrencies. It is beneficial because you don’t to keep many many wallets to keep your cryptos. Let’s discuss the best cryptocurrency wallet for 2019 which can be used for multiple cryptocurrencies:

Top 5 multi-cryptocurrency wallets in 2019

Ledger Nano S

Ledger Nano S is a USB sized cryptocurrency hardware wallet which is best for Ethereum transactions. It is multi-asset hardware which looks like a folding flash drive. The best part is that it can store Bitcoins, Ethereum, Ethereum tokens and more than 30 other digital currencies. It works like a USB device, which when connected to the device needs the device to confirm transactions.

It is safe and can run multiple apps, relatively inexpensive, unhackable and malware proofed. It is a hardware wallet to there is no risk of the private keys to get exposed to the internet. This is one of the best cryptocurrency wallets available these days.

It can support and store more than 30 cryptocurrencies and can integrate with multiple software wallets. Lastly,  it is one of the affordable OLED-based hardware wallets.

Ledger Blue

Ledger Blue is the most advanced security gear on the market, also known as the Rolls Royce of cryptocurrency hardware wallets. It is made by the same organization as Ledger Nano S. It comes with a Bluetooth, a rechargeable battery, and a large touchscreen. It is easy to transport and store because of its light-weighted characteristic. It works with multiple currencies and apps.

It looks like a mini iPad or a tablet, mainly designed for entertainment purposes.

The only drawback is that it is costly. But if you want high-class security, it is one of the best wallets. If you are looking for a better and advanced version of hardware wallet for your cryptocurrency, then you must check this wallet right away. This is also universal cryptocurrency wallet kind and it supports more than 20 cryptocurrencies including Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Ripple, ARK, Stratis, NEO and many more.

KeepKey

Keep Key secures Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Dash, and Namecoin. They claim to be virus or malware proof, and assets are secured from thieves and hackers. KeepKey is a Bitcoin hardware wallet with advanced security against virtual and physical theft. Now, a lower price tag means more users can give it a try. In addition to Bitcoin, the KeepKey wallet enables the storage and transaction of a variety of cryptocurrencies.

KeepKey integrates with the wallet software on your computer by taking over a private key generation, a private key storage, and transaction signing.

Its top-notch security almost makes it impossible for hackers to steal the private key.

Jaxx

Jaxx is relatively a new crypto which beliefs in simplifying the blockchain and attracting the masses to its unique selling proposition. Jaxx is a multi-chain wallet which offers support for seven cryptocurrencies, namely Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Ethereum Classic, DAO, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, REP and many more.

Jaxx gives you full control over the wallet, which is highly accessible with desktop and mobile compatibility. It allows you to quickly convert between bitcoin, Ethereum, and DAO, and will also work for all the coins, the Jaxx developers integrate in the future. It has been tagged as one of the best multi-currency wallets in the cryptocurrency wallet review. Its available in the form of a desktop app, Android and iPhone apps and Chrome extension.

Trezor

Trezor is a hardware Bitcoin wallet which also acts like a USB device, which operates on “Zero Trust Approach”, which minimizes the compromise by a third party. It is one of the best multi cryptocurrency wallets.

Trezor is protected by a PIN and provides you with recovery seed if your wallet is stolen or lost. It is specifically a Bitcoin wallet but supports 14 other cryptocurrencies. It has an easy-to-use interface and saves from hacking and thefts by their difficult protection PIN.

Just that it limits its communication with other devices. When the USB device isn’t connected, it’s turned off.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 07:44:24 AM

here is how i would suggest you choose what to do:
1. first decide whether it is wise to store them for long term since majority of altcoins won't even live that long. and all of them are dumping in long term.
i personally don't have faith in most altcoin's long term potential and because of that i wouldn't bother with holding any and so i don't need a cold storage or even a wallet for that matter. i keep on exchanges because i want to dump as fast as possible then cash out bitcoin to my cold storage.

2. decide how many times and how fast you want to access your coins.
if you want to be an active trader who wants to be able to dump his coins at a moment's notice then you can't use paper wallet. you kind of forced to use a hardware wallet. but if you want to store them and not touch them for years and then just encash once then paper wallet is a good option.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Newtl (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 08:10:09 AM

considering Herbert2020´s  point #1 which i see the reason in Why not using a Paper Wallet ( regarding that its a Very Cheap and Save Way ).

In most cases you end up missing out your Point to Sell if you don´t have the funds on the Exchange.

Then actually the Storage not depends on the Security you "need" instead it´s more about if you want to Dump it (Exchange) or Store it ( wherever you like to).

LTZ-LitecoinZ-Designed For The Future
Discord: https://discord.gg/QNcS4Pm
Official Website: https://litecoinz.org/
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 12:49:00 PM

For a real cold storage, I bought a laser engraver and made myself a metal (paper) wallets. But this is only for coins I want to save 10+ years.

For everyday use and storage I trusted my coins to Ledger Nano. Using a hardware wallet is smartest choice if you have more than 1 BTC.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 12:55:15 PM

I'll still choose an hardware wallet.

Ledger nano s is my current hardware wallet and if trezor users will suggest it, I'll also try it soon. For those that doesn't have budget to buy hardware, paper wallet is a good choice too. But if you have a machine/laptop not in use but working, download a desktop wallet and just use it as your main cold storage but don't connect it all the time to internet.
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 04:17:31 PM

Which ones are better? Of course hardware wallet. Apart from security, hardware wallet is simpler and easier to use.

For a real cold storage, I bought a laser engraver and made myself a metal (paper) wallets. But this is only for coins I want to save 10+ years.
<snip>
Yep. I think it's a truly safe way for long-term coin hodling. But it has a complicated making process - more expensive than hardware wallet (if we make it ourselves like you), and difficult to use (for sending coin).
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 05:48:35 PM

Which ones are better? Of course hardware wallet. Apart from security, hardware wallet is simpler and easier to use.

<snip>
Yep. I think it's a truly safe way for long-term coin hodling. But it has a complicated making process - more expensive than hardware wallet (if we make it ourselves like you), and difficult to use (for sending coin).

Yes, it is harder for sending coins, but those wallets are make for storage, not for sending.

About the costs, I will disagree with you. It's cheaper than hardware wallets and much more fun, believe me. From aliexpress you could order 1000mW engraver for around $65 or 2000mW - 2000mW for $75-$120. You will use it just few times for engraving wallets, but then you could play many more times with different materials and stuff.

Try it and you will not be disappointed! 

markieeeloy

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 07:30:44 AM

I go to hardware wallet when storing coins or tokens for a long time. I will not say that I don't like paper wallet, but paper wallet is also good. All that I am saying, is that what if there is an incident and your paper wallet got lost, or get wet, but not like hardware wallet, it will surely go for long term.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: