Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:13:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do any of you feel guilty?  (Read 311 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (4 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Butterscotch Cartman (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 11:11:15 PM

Do any of you feel guilt for telling other people to invest in cryptocurrency?  Look at how much money people have lost over the last 12 months because of all the shills, youtubers, promoters.  Real money has been lost and a lot of people lost their homes and went into debt from investing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 11:22:48 PM

Why would I? If only I just did is tell them to invest then I think there shouldn't be holding some grudge against me. In fact cryptocurrencies are meant to have a low value at all cost, higher prices just come and disappear like a blink of an eye.

This Is just an understandable fact, and I may feel more guilty if I didn't tell them what crypto is like.

... went into debt from investing.

Investments shouldn't be from other people. If you don't have any money to invest then don't even think about it. That is the most absurd way of doing business. In this industry a loss should be accepted positively, guilt won't do anything to us. Emotions should be put aside.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 11:23:09 PM

No I don’t feel any guilt because in the first place, I don’t force anyone to invest I only introduce bitcoin to them, explain everything and its their own decision to invest or not. We should not force anyone to invest so they will not come to us asking for a refund of their money.
trashman43

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 11:23:14 PM

Why should you feel guilty if you explained the risk involved in cryptocurrency investment before telling people to invest. For me I don't feel guilty because I made my friends aware of the risks associated with investing in cryptocurrency.

AimHigh

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 11:35:29 PM

No I don't really fell guilty in the first place I tell to them how risky bitcoin are and how they earn and tell to them that they need to keep strong on the bitcoin  fluctuate so why I'm fell guilt on that matter both of us experiencing this situation not only them but we need to keep patient and wait the next bull run.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 11:59:21 PM

I don't even force them to invest I just tell them that I'm invested in bitcoin past years ago and make a large profit on holding them for a long time.
And honestly, most of my friends already made a good profit in crypto before the price of bitcoin drop so, I don't feel guilty telling them to invest in crypto because I never force them to invest.

Unfortunately, right now they stop investing due to continues price drop but they are not regretting invest in crypto because they already made more profit than they lost.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1760

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:02:23 AM

Consideration, thoroughness and caution the fundamental factors in investing in prosperous goals,
From the start it has been reminded of the risk of investment against losses and profits, so be more careful in taking one action in playing on the cryptocurrency exchange.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6105

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:16:53 AM

Both parties are to blame. If you suggest bitcoin to someone, you should make sure they understand the risks and that they won't blame you in the future. An investor should also be smart and not invest in anything he's being told to without doing his own research.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:43:56 AM

I really don't convince people to invest in cryptocurrency. I only tell people that I have proofs that will prove I earned or someone earned money from being in cryptocurrency. To pull out there money from the lost is also up to them. And also, I don't have any reasons to tell them lies since I am not going to benefit from them not earning their money from investing.

emulsifryer

Activity: 337
Merit: 10

Bet2dream.com

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:01:46 AM

If you introduce bitcoin from one to another make sure you'll delivered it properly and make sure it is also understandable for them. Investing in bitcoin is totally risky, it needs technical analysis and more time to study.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Bet2Dream ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬  Get Free Bal($) When You Register! Join Now!  ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬  Referral & Mining Program | Event & Daily Rewards! | Bet2Dream NFT Club! ▬▬▬
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:12:36 AM
Merited by hatshepsut93 (1)

I know perfectly well how weak and useless most people are when it comes to monetary matters. No way would I suggest it to anybody and a few have been talked out of it.

I knew the bubble was over when my mate called me up and asked whether he should buy 3 dollar Ripple and a load of Doge. I went straight over and deprogrammed him.
muratsink

Activity: 1330
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:44:32 AM

I don't regret, even today I still spread BTC to the public, I got a lot of positive responses from them. they accept my every suggestion.

even today I always make sure, and always give them motivation that BTC will create Bullish again. they don't lose their assets, but they just have to wait for a very long time.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:51:14 AM

An investor should also be smart and not invest in anything he's being told to without doing his own research.

And this is the problem, so many people who jumped on crypto hype train are not investors, they knew absolutely nothing about trading or cryptography prior to their decision, so you really can't expect them to do their own research. I've seen so many people who by "doing research" meant "just go read some shill articles and press-releases paid by altcoin promoters" or "just read /r/cryptocurrency and twitter" or "just watch this video that says that X coin is going to the moon".

Those people are blinded by their greed and all sorts of scammers are preying on them. This is why I've never recommended anyone to invest in crypto and ever prefer to keep my involvement in secret. In 2017 my friends came to me for advice if they should buy BTC @ $10k, and I've talked them out of it.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:51:28 AM

Nope. Not at all. Simply because I never tell people to invest in cryptocurrencies. If someone is interested with bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general, I explain the concept, and let themselves decide if they should buy or not.

With that said, if you told people to buy bitcoin/cryptocurrencies, I don't think you alone should be held accountable. It's not like you forced the person to buy; as in the end, it's still his/her decision if he/she wants to buy or not.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:00:51 AM

I never really feel quilty especially to people who are losing their investment and I'm not getting people to invest, so I should not be quilty because I did not do anything to harm everyone, if I had a mistake I also never regret those who do not know. I'm just trying to earn here a bit cryptocurrency bitcoin for my new year and new future.
Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 03:15:05 AM

I think no one feel guilty because everyone knows the taste and conditions of this digital market as here last year bitcoin touches 21k and after that some people regret but not mine because it's always risky.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
lornadane

Activity: 529
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:17:05 AM

Why should I feel guilty? Before suggesting someone I always mentioned crypto market is too volatile. Like Bitcoin price can jump to 10K in a month and it can down to 3K USD in a week! I suggested people learn how the crypto market works, and do research about the market cap! Some people wanted quick money, they are now feeling bad because they did not learn! Some people read, learnt and many of them are trading now and making money greater than me.
arakosta

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:24:36 AM

I never did give investment advice to anyone, but I did introduce some of my friends and relatives to cryptocurrencies.
Even though I know it isn't my fault, I still feel a little guilty about one particular case, and that's when I told my uncle about Bitcoin.
Now, to give you a little background to him, my uncle has always had a gambling and poor investment problems. Even though he has 4 children, he still gambles away 20-25% of his monthly income in the hopes of someday becoming rich (SPOILER: He didn't) . He was always the guy that got excited for the World Cup, CL or any other sport event just so that he can have something to bet on.. you get the picture.
One day, he was visiting me and saw my screen full of charts/prices (I was daytrading back then) and asked me what is that about. We talked a little, I told him I am trading , gave him some Crypto 101 and then his eyes got big and told me he wants in, he wants to buy and trade crypto.
Of course I didn't cave in and told him it's not like gambling, you have to do your research and it's very easy to lose your money.
The next couple of days he kept bugging me, telling me he read a lot about crypto and he won't trade it, he just wants to buy some coins and hold them and he just needs my help to set him a wallet and help him buy some.
You guys already now where this is going.. my uncle lost thousands last year, even selling his car to cover some of the loans he took. His wife and children are with their grandma and they are getting divorced this year.
I feel like he would've lost his money in any other way because of his addictive personality, but I still think feel guilty about it.

Gi01

Activity: 342
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:44:02 AM

Do any of you feel guilt for telling other people to invest in cryptocurrency? 
Anyone who introduces his or her friends into cryptocurrency investment should make it possible to highlight on the fact that there are some risks accompanied with this kinda investment. Once you establish such requirement, there is no way to feel guilty when the price of a particular coin drops. The person whom you introduced to this investment is already aware of the probability that the price can either increase or down. I don't feel guilty for any one .
Stockr.co

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 04:46:47 AM

My friend has made friends, family, girlfriend invest into bitcoin and people believed him because he has a successful online start up. Now their money is gone. I can imagine it's a little rough around the edges on communication, but ultimately it is up to the person that put the money in,
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: