Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:05:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightning network capacity of Litecoin up by 116%  (Read 74 times)
blockmanity (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 01:46:41 PM

Lol who said the Lightning network is dead. The lightning network is up by 116% on Litecoin!! It's expanding faster than BTC

Source: https://blockmanity.com/news/litecoins-ltc-lightning-network-capacity-up-by-116-in-the-last-30-days/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:03:55 PM

Lighting is very nice in theory. But no one actually knows what it is. The team is completely enclosed in the box. They say development is going on, but no other information!
blockmanity (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 02:10:44 PM

Lighting is very nice in theory. But no one actually knows what it is. The team is completely enclosed in the box. They say development is going on, but no other information!

I agree it has its problems, but Lightning network is still in a very early stage. We really cannot take out this possiblity that maybe Litecoin could really live up to its potential.Moreover, if it works, it can fundamentally change the perception around cryptocurrencies.

If I am not mistaken....positive news comes around Lightning time to time
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:32:15 PM

that is a good news for litecoin. i am very surprised that the lightning network is developing faster with litecoin than with bitcoin. apparently you should keep an eye on litecoin.
Hanebel

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:36:19 PM

Lol who said the Lightning network is dead. The lightning network is up by 116% on Litecoin!! It's expanding faster than BTC

Source: https://blockmanity.com/news/litecoins-ltc-lightning-network-capacity-up-by-116-in-the-last-30-days/
You're quoting your own blog? I don't know the credibility of this post since the owner of the site being linked here is somehow the owner of the username blockmanity. I read some posts about litecoin before about this lightning thing and at that time, LTC was at its peak. Let's see how will this news affect the price.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:37:15 PM

Lol who said the Lightning network is dead.
It is not dead, the opposite is true. The LN is the future, both for bitcoin and for litecoin. The number of channels are increasing, which is great. Let's see if the people behind litecoin succeed to educate and persuade more merchants to accept LTC payments.
blockmanity (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 03:08:47 AM

You're quoting your own blog? I don't know the credibility of this post since the owner of the site being linked here is somehow the owner of the username blockmanity. I read some posts about litecoin before about this lightning thing and at that time, LTC was at its peak. Let's see how will this news affect the price.

Check out 1ml.com, they are the realtime lightning search and analysis engine for LN. Most of the news websites get their data from there
Black Coffee

Activity: 228
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 04:37:35 AM

I think the lightning network is in the development stage and the impact of its use has not been felt by many people or communities not know about this. I hope that in the future lightning networks can provide great benefits and growth to litecoin and also the bitcoin.
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 05:19:20 AM

What ever is implemented in Litecoin, may eventually be implemented in Bitcoin.
This is good news for LiteCoin enthusiast.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
blockmanity (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 06:56:32 AM

True Litecoin already acts like a sidechain to Bitcoin. I think in the near future if Bitcoin crosses $1 Trillion, Litecoin would become like experimental Bitcoin, as a big network would be needed for development and testing purposes.
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 07:29:59 AM

True Litecoin already acts like a sidechain to Bitcoin. I think in the near future if Bitcoin crosses $1 Trillion, Litecoin would become like experimental Bitcoin, as a big network would be needed for development and testing purposes.

Not just to bitcoin but to almost all that will try to use the technology, this is opensource so whatever works for one may work for all.  Its still the adoption that will matter in the end. Litecoin partner up with UFC as the latest news I've seen so far but there are still no information up which point.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 08:24:10 AM

i don't think anybody has ever said "lightning network is dead", i don't know what made you think otherwise. they however spread a lot of misinformation about it, such as it being "centralized", "coins being 'locked' in it", it not being bitcoin and a lot more!
the thing is, the only thing these FUDs did were to slow down the progress temporarily and as soon as their bullshit clears, the adoption shoots up again.
as for LTC LN, it doesn't seem to be growing faster than BTC because bitcoin's LN is already too big and is still growing. we only had a surge recently in LTC LN once so far. but all in all it is great to see LTC is still following bitcoin's footsteps like it always has been.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: