Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:09:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regulations or Anonymity  (Read 1004 times)
Hoofprint

Activity: 428
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 06:47:07 PM

I agree with you, the regulation of cryptocurrency should be a priority for its distribution and adoption as a means of payment. The anonymity of cryptocurrencies is more a myth than a reality, with the exception of individual coins, but without regulation, the market will not be able to develop fully.

boolog
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 06:47:36 PM

These two have been topics of debates for quite some time. Some want Anonymity, while others want Regulation. Either of these two will work best for us.
It will get to a time that we just have to choose between Regulations and Anonymity.
If i have the choice, i would choose anonymity. In the crypto area, anonymity is important to me, because i don't want my neighbour to know the stock of my coins, for example. Therefore i would not like it if the crypto area is regulated. But i have a different opinion on icos. There would be a regulation good to prevent the whole scam ico.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█████    Whitepaper   ⌊    Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌉   Telegram    █████
Medium   Steemit   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube   Reddit   Github
goodbuybitcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 06:49:22 PM

It seems to me that the regulation of cryptocurrency will completely kill its anonymity. I do not like it because I think that cryptocurrency should be completely anonymous.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 07:01:10 PM

Anonymity is one of the main factors for which I began to use cryptocurrency. I want to be able to shop anonymously, manage my finances the way I want. But at the same time I want to be protected from fraud, and this can be achieved only through the regulation of cryptocurrency at the legislative level.

IndianaJons

Activity: 336

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 07:05:50 PM

These two have been topics of debates for quite some time. Some want Anonymity, while others want Regulation. Either of these two will work best for us.
It will get to a time that we just have to choose between Regulations and Anonymity.

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.
What is your take on this?

Now there is no anonymity on the cryptocurrency market.
Each development team manages its own coin, may make changes to the code of its coin and otherwise manage it.
Most coins can be traced from which wallet and which coin came.
Is the above can be called anonymity?
Therefore, I am not against full-fledged regulation of the crypto market, if it saves us from scammers.

Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 07:55:46 PM

Decentralization which comes with anonymity, has made the crypto space as well as the technology, which is blockchain, to survive to this point.
I do not think regulation will anything better , except when it comes to those who lunch projects, such as ICO, where they would need to do their KYC, in order to gain the trust of investors.
No anonymity should ber maintained in order to preserve that value. If regulated, then we do not need blockchain again, because that will bring centralization.
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 10:56:59 PM

States want to control everything and they will not allow the development of technologies that will help people to be anonymous.

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.
Scammers will always exist, you can not get rid of them.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 11:11:03 PM

Blockchain technology is about serving the community with good and fast transaction which it only contain the address of the sender and receiver. But at the end when we cash out some of our assets, we are required to do the KYC because it's their requirements. Moreover, as the year goes by, we commonly experience KYC whenever we get to an exchanges. About regulations, I doubt this'll be still need to be studied especially when having an ICO.
trns.txt

Activity: 171
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 11:29:11 PM

Every choice will require the negative and its positive sides. Regulation will probably reduce the scam and it will be more stable. however, it is different with the first aim of crypto, for anonymity. I personally still believe that with anonymity, the crypto can be still more stable in the future, just only wait for the moment, not only now happening.
oppo070
Copper Member

Activity: 140

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 03:10:40 PM

In my opinion:

We can directly compare it to the words, REAL or FAKE, Regulation for proving the project that it is real, or Anonymity, basically, tolerating the project to be anonymous in the market makes us create more fake projects that can make the reputation of the cryptocurrency fraud and intended to scam people.

gwaposakon

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 03:16:44 PM

In my opinion:

The idea of blockchain and cryptocurrency is to allow users to transact with complete anonymity. A decentralized system where there is no middle entity that would control transactions. But lately, a lot of scam projects have been happening that regulation was called upon to institute control and protect investors. If this is a means to eliminate scams, I don't mind regulations but not to the extent that identity would also be compromised
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 03:19:24 PM

People who want regulation, are the same people who are only concerned with money, valuations and things like that! People who like cryptography, care little about price or any speculative move because they know that people who want regulation, will be after these cryptos later! Be careful with people who want regulation! The essence of encryption is it! No government, no intermediaries and so on.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 03:28:15 PM

People who want regulation, are the same people who are only concerned with money, valuations and things like that! People who like cryptography, care little about price or any speculative move because they know that people who want regulation, will be after these cryptos later! Be careful with people who want regulation! The essence of encryption is it! No government, no intermediaries and so on.

something along the way is making it dimmer though because as a whole we also want adoption which may not happen if there will be no intermediaries in the middle that will regulate. the investors also needs protection from scams. anonymity and regulations will not go well together but if you want anonymity, there are coins for it. that is the right path if that is what you want. you can always avoid KYC.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
tinkerr99

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 03:33:15 PM

This is a rather slippery topic. Adjustment is needed for stability. And anonymity for their respective cases. There will always be opponents of this or that. The bottom line is that if you want a crypt in everyday life, you will have to give it some adjustment.
saminnala

Activity: 212
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 03:34:16 PM

On the one hand, anonymity is good, but on the other hand, sometimes it is expensive to pay for it. The risk of fraud is very high, another point that I think is counted not in favor of the anonymity is that some people do dirty things like the drug and arms trade with the help of the blockchain. I basically have nothing to hide, I am ready to sacrifice anonymity for the sake of greater security.

✦ ───    OATHs.io  ─── ✦
▌▐ ────  BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL  ──── ▌▐
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 04:08:37 PM

In my opinion:
It defends on the situation The Government regulation including full KYC must inforce to the people who implementing any form of crowdfunding activities like ICO's,ITO, etc. to have a criminal liability in case of any untowards incidents such as exit scams and other form of scams after a succesfull crowdfunding campaign! The one ultimate reason and purposed is to protect the investors funds. While on the other sides about Anonimity my opinion is if you are a private investors or trader you can hide your real identity to protect yourself from any threats of being targeted by criminals etc. These part the Anonimity is very useful.
chriseasan
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 04:26:48 PM

I think we need to find a way to regulate ICOs, because it is getting pretty strange. There are so much fraud projects at the moment and because of them, people are afraid to invest in any project.
clipto

Activity: 311

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 04:37:52 PM

Crypto currencies were created to avoid any third party and to make anonymous transactions. I believe we should stay where we are now and do not let governments or any other third parties to regulate our industry.
kidbounty

Activity: 1064

HELENA

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 04:48:00 PM

I prefer anonymity. crypto can be this big because one of the reasons is anonymous. if this is removed then what's the difference with the mainstream financial industry. regulation may be good but this is not too important, try to recall a few years when crypto was first introduced, is there regulation? and is there no crypto regulation destroyed? no, because crypto doesn't need regulation to survive here.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 02:39:04 AM

In order to prevent scam and possible to filter out only the good project in the ico, then I really choose regulation over anonymity. Because what is the sense of anonymity if almost all of the project are scam already. We want to make a change especially this newly opened month of the year.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: