Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:50:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Almost "Daily Review" of Books per Day | Sharing the Knowledge  (Read 99 times)
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1256

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 07:48:51 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2019, 05:09:24 PM by crwth

I'm inspired to start this thread, mainly because I want to retain what I have learned from different books every day.

So I'm currently using an app called Blinkist, and I tried the trial of it and I would say that it's worth it. (I'm not connected to them in any way). I just love how they offer free books every day and I would share what I have learned from that certain book.

Blinkist summarizes and giving the gist of every book that they have and every day would be different. I would start with this book and would be posting different stuff.

Hopefully, you would also learn something.

Sharing is caring.

Books reviewed:

The People vs Tech by Jamie Bartlett
The Strength Switch by Lea Waters
Psyched Up - Daniel McGinn

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 08:15:22 AM

The People vs Tech by Jamie Bartlett

This would be interesting for people who are interested in how the internet is impacting our current generation. How workers might be replaced by AI.

The book tackles about the rise of social media, data, and AI making people less active. The term active in the book means that the People's active participation in different things like in voting for a president. The people need to give their opinions and voices with that. The scary part about this is that Technology has affected the person's mind, being less opinionated and not thinking about their definition. There's an app (I forgot what app was mentioned in the book) where the app would suggest who you would vote for depending on your preferences. That's scary accurate and how much can be extracted with the data. I think that's the most impactful towards the people with regards to social media and other stuff.

Now, the data overload and the possible exploits that social media can do. The people now are less patient and easily gets angry with what they read on the internet, knowing that it could be "fake news" or not. They are lessening the communication with the known belief that they have different views forming different tribes. Resulting in more angry and aggressive people. Mostly, it could affect the relationships between people and influence their views.

For the workers who might be replaced by AI, they are currently the threat to people who really need jobs. It gives inequality, knowing that rich people are getting richer, enabling AI would give them more inefficient stuff but it's a threat to peoples job. In the foreseeable future, having fewer jobs available for people who really need it could result in an increasing crime, depression and other mental conditions that could be of harm. Problems could really arise from it.

Finishing this off, we all know that technology has given us so much towards different kinds of innovations from communications and other social changes that come with it. Data could result to manipulations by different search engines, etc. All in all, you could take this opportunity to see if you need more of the internet or not. Take control on what you are doing with social media, online shop or in any other thing that is connected to the internet. Make sure that you have the strength to have your own opinions and not spread hate because it would just make things worse knowing that news is so fast. Especially when it's viral.

That's what I learned from that book

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 03:12:12 PM

The Strength Switch - Lea Waters

This is probably best for parents, teachers, and psychologists.

This is a book the helps you manage in strength-based parenting in real life events that could happen in your life — helping their/your children to focus on the right things in life and improve the character of them. It's letting you become a better parent and help you develop self-control for yourself knowing what you need when you have kids.

I learned the right way how to deal with children's faults and how to make it become a strength. Having self-control for yourself will be helpful, like the example in the book itself, if they manage to break a vase, you might check it as a negative thing. It's best not to lose your temper, and the author manages to control by thinking about positive qualities that the kid has.

Young children should be encouraged to explore what they need to know, and it will help them in the long run, adulthood. This is where relevant things could happen, and it affects the brain cells that affects them in the long term. It's best to think about the child's attention span, it might not be ideal, but it could affect your mindfulness. It's best to compliment your child if you get the great attention they are giving towards an action.

The most important thing that I learned in this book use is that the best thing to discipline your children is Guilt, not shame. I see this kind of behavior with other parents, especially if they are in the public location where they start to shame their kid for doing the things they thought was okay. It's best that Children needs to know what is Right and Wrong. I guess I was upbrought in being disciplined in Shame because it has affected me now in adulthood.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 05:08:30 PM

Psyched Up - Daniel McGinn

People who are experiencing performance anxiety, curious about the psychology of top performers and people who are underperforming.

When I heard this book, I didn't know that I was experiencing what is called performance anxiety. It's what happens before you do something that could rate you in performance. Like presenting in front of a crowd of strangers, performing and auditioning in front of judges, etc. The nervousness that you feel towards upon an activity like that.

The critical take away in this book is that there could be rituals that you could do before doing something that could make you nervous. One thing I do unconsciously is that I take a deep breath before presenting. It helps you calm your nerves, and it was included in this book. Some people even do it with music, and we all know music could help you focus, and it does help me in real life.

The best way to end this is that no matter what you do, you need to be positive because if you pursue positivity and believe in it, it has some effects. The author's examples are great facts, like listening in the Eye of the Tiger, it makes you feel pumped up, and it is a great way to be Psyched Up for Greatness.