Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:55:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost phone = No HITBTC 2FA code  (Read 258 times)
BitcoinNosi (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 01:40:39 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2019, 01:55:12 PM by BitcoinNosi

I need help. I lost my phone. How do I access my HITBTC account. The account had 2 FA activated. I cant find the QR back up code but i do have the key.. I have also changed from droid to iphone. Has this happened to anyone?
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 01:58:52 PM
Merited by dbshck (4)

Good day! I have not really experienced this one but I have a friend that had formatted his 2FA verification code when the program was erased totally by his son and he was unable to really get to open the code. So what he did was that he sent an email to the admin of the site and ask if he can retrieved his account and luckily they replied and have his account set. Although there where requirements asked to confirm his identity. I think HITBTC has the same stand on this. Try contacting their site admin for your problem. I think they would as well allow retrieval of account or password reset.

boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 01:59:57 PM

Never experienced this but you need to retrieve first the 2FA account you used (google auth or authy).

Check this --> https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185834?hl=en

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
mutrang23

Activity: 484
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:05:38 PM

I need help. I lost my phone. How do I access my HITBTC account. The account had 2 FA activated. I cant find the QR back up code but i do have the key.. I have also changed from droid to iphone. Has this happened to anyone?

I remember that Hitbtc supports this through the Email you linked to their account. But you need to provide some information required to support this faster support. I think you should contact the Hitbtc team to get the best help.
aleandromagno
Legendary

Activity: 1323
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:40:13 PM

Unfortunately, such things happen... You definitely need to contact HitBTC support. They will guide you step by step after the account recovery procedure.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:47:10 PM
Merited by dbshck (5), vapourminer (1)

Since you still have the key you'll be absolutely fine. If you can't get another phone use Winauth, which allows you to use multiple 2FA services, on your computer, feed in the key and your code will restore the 2FA through that instead.
satosibtc1000

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:51:56 PM

Hello I had a similar situation but I have not lost two-factor authentication, I was hacked and installed on the account. I also lost access to my account, it was not verified. I talked to tech support and they removed my two-factor authentication. Write to technical support and follow the instructions. It took me 2 months.
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:56:40 PM

This happened to me but only with binance.

Contact their customer service and they will require you to send your information and photos of identification and maybe a video also thay says you will need to refresh your 2FA code for the reason of phone lost.
That is the only way to do it.

If you have the code then try to input it with google authenticator.
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 03:03:49 PM

Instead of asking here, ask to the right place - Hitbtc support!
If you have your initial code backed up somewhere, you could enter in in any device and retrieve your 2FA.
Otherwise, the standard procedure in this case is photo+video verification and you will need to prepare an ID + Utility bill + Video of yourself saying you've lost your phone and need a 2FA reset.

dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 03:21:09 PM

Hello,

As mentionned I confirm the good procedure given, HitBTC support is able to revover your access after several security check procedure to confirm your identity.

Always save a copy of the initial 2FA to be able to add it again to a new phone.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 03:27:12 PM

If you passed the KYC on Hitbtc, you should not worry too much. It should be enough just to send an e-mail to Hitbtc explaining the situation and send a proof of your identity. Good luck!

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 03:38:33 PM

I had the same problem before, all you need to do is gather the accounts you have in information like emails,
If you know the tokens on your wallet exchange is better.
Contact the team on your problem this might take you long but you need to have patience as the problem occur on your fault.

YuKiang
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 04:23:32 PM

You have the key by which you can enter the exchange and again install 2fa on a new phone. If you can not enter, then you need to contact the technical support of the exchange.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 04:38:00 PM

I had once formatted my phone completely and had not taken any backup of the 2FA code. This didn't happen to me on HitBTC but on some other exchange.
The only solution that helped me was to contact the support of the exchange and tell them the problem. I had to undergo some personal verification stuff after which I got access to my account.
Try to contact the customer support of HitBTC and tell them that you want to reset your 2FA.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:29:54 AM

If you have the backup 2FA code, you can restore it to the new phone. If you don't have the backup 2FA code, you can reset 2FA device. Please follow this link for more information and reset the 2FA device.
https://support.hitbtc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000709629-I-have-lost-reset-2FA-device
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 10856

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 07:29:32 AM

<...>
If you don’t manage to restore your access via the seed that you claim to have, HitBTC is not precisely the easiest exchange to remove 2FA access so as to regain control again.

A few months ago, a person on my local forum wrote about his hazard to regain control of his HitBTC account after his phone was stolen. In short, you need to follow the procedure established by the exchange (see https://support.hitbtc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000709629-I-have-lost-reset-2FA-device). Nevertheless, the procedure demands a fair share of detailed information that one may not be able to retrieve easily, such as:

<…>
1. What coins you sold/bought recently? Please specify amount, coin, date of last couple of orders.
2. When did you sign up for this HitBTC account? Tell us the exact date.
3. What are your current balances? Which cryptocurrencies you are holding on your account and in which amounts?
<…>
Besides that, they initially ask for the TX hashes related to the movements to/from your HitBTC account (although after many conversations with support he manages to reduce the requirement somewhat).

Note: I’m assuming you’re using Google Authenticator. If may be good if you take a look into Authy, since it allows you to backup your 2FA settings as well as clone it onto multiple devices that you own.
BitcoinNosi (OP)

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:53:07 PM

Thank you very much everyone. I did contact HITBTC. I did provide all the required information except for the TX Hash. I dont know where to start. I have 4 exchanges I use, and 6 wallets i regulary transact up to 10 coins with. I dont remember which transaction i did where. I am stuck.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 10856

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 06:36:01 PM

<…>
The case that I explained above was of a similar nature: It turns out that the person had lots of TXs not only on HitBTC, but with five other exchanges, being a trader himself. Obviously he was at loss with the hash requirement for all his TXs. What he explains in his post is that he managed to resolve the situation after over a month and a half (!), basically by being persistent and practically begging to reduce the hash TXs requirements to just a few hashes, but not all.

Some people try to multichannel support, and post on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/hitbtc/) with the hope of getting a different sort of reply.

I guess that, even though there is a fixed procedure, it can be customized somewhat by the support, depending on which guy you contact, how long the case has been running, and how much pity he takes on you.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:16:37 PM

Thank you very much everyone. I did contact HITBTC. I did provide all the required information except for the TX Hash. I dont know where to start. I have 4 exchanges I use, and 6 wallets i regulary transact up to 10 coins with. I dont remember which transaction i did where. I am stuck.

That won't be enough. They'll get back to you with a bunch of other questions like they did with me (after I provided them with all of the information you've listed):

I didn't want to provide them with all of the required details:

Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: