Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:11:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $5million Airdrop Mistake from Coinnest  (Read 212 times)
hoddddler
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

Crypto24Radio.com 🎧 🎤 🎸

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:39:44 AM

That's one expensive "accident"  Grin

✅ News ✅ Interviews ✅ Podcast ✅ Music ✅ 24/7 👉 www.Crypto24Radio.com
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:47:26 AM

Sometimes mistakes or errors occur and it is up to the honest individuals to at least return what belongs to the owner. Such mistake could mean a lot and $5 Million was a big money that could probably create a big problem to the establishment of their exchange. I think that can be returned since it was intended to be dropped and was just a mistake. Perhaps there are laws that can actually be used in their favor to force recipients to return it.

dragonomoy
Copper Member

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:51:41 AM

it's very sad, making mistakes and losing money is truly an action that cannot be tolerated and also it was very weird because it was a huge loss and they only realized after losing so much.
I hope they can work more carefully.

5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 10:02:03 AM

Its lack of professionalism on their part and they should be paying for their mistake. They need to learn the lesson, at least the hard way. Guess what would be their response had any investor made such a mistake, they would had flatly refused or never would had replied.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 06:57:10 AM

That's one expensive "accident"  Grin
There's some errors and bugs when it regards to their system and that's one truly expensive accident that other companies don't want to happen. As for them, this is going to be a big lesson in their future airdrops.

I'm even thinking that they are not going to make a round 2 for it.
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 08:25:54 AM

mistaken incident repeated again I thought something like this would not happen again it still happened, it was very fortunate for people who benefited from this incident and hopefully there is a refund from coinnest
ynatopak14

Activity: 458
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 11:03:50 AM

ONe of the biggest mistake in any exchange to have airdrop like this.
There are some people who are willing to give back what they had from the mistake but there are some whose not answering.
BUt what will happen to those people who sold the coins and spend the money and they dont have any for the refund to do?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1043

HODL

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 11:20:22 AM

Well, only the exchange is guilty so it should take care about this incredibly stupid accident. As I understand it's not a DEX so what is the problem to revert the operation at least for those who didn't withdraw their rewards?

duongdaiduong

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:59:46 AM

They may be wrong, but that is the best way for users to return BTC.
$5m is a huge amount.
I think they have no other way.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: