Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:45:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer T9 hash board temp/hashrate problem  (Read 311 times)
abiedoodles (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 08:15:11 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2019, 08:23:55 AM by abiedoodles

Hi what could be the problem one of my T9 hash board is not showing the temperature reading? Its hashing but not showing any temps.

http://i65.tinypic.com/xqauqe.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 09:26:28 PM

It might be a bug/glitch or maybe your temp detector is defective. Or it might a software issue you can try to reset it through holding the IP reporter or follow the guide from here Three Ways to Restore Factory Settings (R4/S9/T9)

Since the hashrate is fine I think you don't need to worry about the temp unless if you are having issues about the unstable hashrate.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
abiedoodles (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 03:34:12 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2019, 12:06:04 PM by frodocooper

Hashrate is fine so ill just do the reset. Im thinking that it might affect the hashing on slushpool it showing only 21-22 th/s but i have a total of 25 th/s in my 2 antminer T9. I used to have 26-27 th/s before
tim-bc

Activity: 538
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:58:21 AM

If your pool shows the same hashrate for your worker that you see on the miner status page, I would not worry about resetting it or messing with it at all.

Trying to fix the temperature sensor would not gain you extra profit if the hashrate was the same on the pool side (check in your slushpool individual workers list). The other temp sensors are still working and will shut the miner down if things get too hot.

Ignore scammers on Skype, Telegram, etc. I will only ever contact you via forum PMs. See profile for fingerprint.
abiedoodles (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 04:25:25 AM

i did reset and then update the firmware but still the same, it appears before but during on and off changing pool of the miner it disappeared maybe a defective temp chip. I have a total of 25 th/s in miner status for 2 miner but in slushpool it shows only 21-22 th/s might be bec of difficulty? sorry im new to this.
tim-bc

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 04:42:03 AM

If your slushpool is showing more than 20 TH you must have at least 2 T9 miners (?)

Assuming you gave them different worker names, you should be able to see the hash rate for each one in your workers page.

Ignore scammers on Skype, Telegram, etc. I will only ever contact you via forum PMs. See profile for fingerprint.
abiedoodles (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:29:10 AM

1. Antminer t9 = Miner Status : 12.7 th/s
                         Slushpool     : 10.7 th/s

2. Anminer t9 = Miner Status : 12.9 th/s
                         Slushpool     : 11.2 th/s

Is it normal to have less th/s on slushpool?
tim-bc

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 03:55:19 PM

It can vary over time, is this the AVG hashrate from miner status and also the 1 day average from slushpool?

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 07:21:49 PM

1. Antminer t9 = Miner Status : 12.7 th/s
                         Slushpool     : 10.7 th/s

2. Anminer t9 = Miner Status : 12.9 th/s
                         Slushpool     : 11.2 th/s

Is it normal to have less th/s on slushpool?

slush pool has 3 different hashrates based on different periods.

as mentioned above, you want to look on the daily figure, the other 2 are meaningless to say the least.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it is very normal to have slightly different numbers from what your miner shows and what the pool shows. but yours is quite a lot

12.7 - 10.7  = 15% of lost hashrate ( provided this is what the daily show)

people have different numbers that they call "okay" some say it's 5% some say 2% . to me anything above 2-3% rings the alarm.

here are the possible reasons of why would you get "lower" hashrate reported by the pool than reported on your local status.

1- stale/bad shares caused by over-clocking your miner

this seems like the most possible scenario , 12.7th for a T9 means you are overclocking to an extend that it's going to fast not caring about the accuracy of the shares ( not really this , but this is the simplest way to put it).

2- your internet connection is bad, latency is high, many shares do not get submitted.

the hashrate on the pool is calcuated based on the shares your miner submit to it, if it does 1 million shares but submit 100 shares only then the pool will calc the speed based on the 100 shares.

3- you are using a server the is far from your location, pick the nearest server to your location.

-----------------------------------------

i still think no.1 is your problem, you are probably getting a lot of bad shares, Hardware errors.

solution to this would be > reduce the over clocking.

also and most importantly. whatever numbers you are referring to must be on a long enough period, do not look at the current hashrate on your miner, look at the average in say 24 hours, then look at the 1 day hashrate on slush pool, this is what you need to compare.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
abiedoodles (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 07:29:08 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2019, 09:57:33 AM by frodocooper

It can vary over time, is this the AVG hashrate from miner status and also the 1 day average from slushpool?

Its from the Scoring Hash Rate in the workers tab

[...]

My antminer T9 is rated at 12.5 th/s so im not overclocking it, when i first run these t9(bought 2nd hand) im getting the correct hash in slush pool around 27 th/s for the 2 pcs T9 then i switch to BTC.com pool to check the difference in payout and notice the low hashrate there so i turn back to slush and noticed the lower hashrate than before.

I have a good internet connection

I am in the middle east so the closest server is europe i think,
i use pool 1 = europe , pool 2= singapore ,  pool 3= china

Heres some screenshot

https://imgur.com/a/YxppUEg
https://imgur.com/a/ggisPZO
https://imgur.com/a/Tdaq40g
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 11:20:30 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2019, 05:34:03 AM by frodocooper

your second miner has a problem with the second board (chain 7) it's missing a chip.

and you are getting a TON of hardware errors and stale shares and rejected shares, these miners are over clocked, doesn't matter who overclocked it , i know there are T9 labeled at 12.5th but it's simply over-clocked.  you need to reduce the frequency to get less rejected and stale shares.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
abiedoodles (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 12:45:23 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2019, 05:34:20 AM by frodocooper

your second miner has a problem with the second board (chain 7) it's missing a chip.

and you are getting a TON of hardware errors and stale shares and rejected shares, these miners are over clocked, doesn't matter who overclocked it , i know there are T9 labeled at 12.5th but it's simply over-clocked.  you need to reduce the frequency to get less rejected and stale shares.

ok thanks...i found out how to reduce it but  how much frequency i will reduce? i saw 550m is there
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 07:08:03 PM

ok thanks...i found out how to reduce it but  how much frequency i will reduce? i saw 550m is there

You can try to set the frequency to 500mhz if there is an option to choose it and test if you can have less rejected and stale shares.

Or set the frequency more below 500Mhz until you can get stable and lesser rejected stale shares but if the 550m is the lowest frequency then try to set it with this frequency then let's see if you can get lesser rejected shares but expect for hash rate drop.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 09:53:27 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2019, 05:34:45 AM by frodocooper

based on the photos you posted your boards were running at 666m , tho it does seem like it has an auto tune firmware,i suggest you set it for 550, test it for a few hours, if all good, increase gradually, you need to have low rejected,hardware error and stale shares.

note this

- you need to test it for hours to reach to conclusion that these setting are good
- you don't need all the time to know the settings are bad, if after 1-2 mins you start getting those errors, don't waste time, reduce.
- i personally find it better to restart the miner after every frequency change.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
abiedoodles (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 04:26:30 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2019, 05:35:07 AM by frodocooper

I reduced the frequency from 550 to 500 to 481 now, but the frequency of the hash boards in miner status still same value at 666, dont know why. Its running for over 1 hour now i dont know if stale/HW/rejected is acceptable please check the image below.

https://i.imgur.com/hPJ01np.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XJPBGIU.jpg
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 01:58:43 PM

your rejected shares are 125 while accepted are 1370 this makes it at almost 10% rejected, very bad still.

also this firmware is auto-tune  as i thought earlier, and now the picture confirms it, what does this do is the following.

whatever freq you set,will be the base minimum, it will test it first and then move higher till it get's to the number that it "thinks" ideal for your chips, but sadly that's far from accurate in this case.

so the only "straight forward" solution i can think of now is to flush another firmware that allows you set a static frequency.

unless one of the members here have an easy way around using SSH to modify the firmware not to search for frequency, though i doubt it, i would just go straight to another firmware if i was you.

should you go with that, ensure you using the correct fw , that T9 has a few of them. 

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
abiedoodles (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 09:01:46 PM

i found the problem, i was reading in some post here about the same problem as mine lower hash rates and the reason is the lack of quality power, house wiring issue perhaps. So what i did is i separated the plug to another wall of one of the T9, they used to be in the same socket and boom my hash rate came back to normal. Thanks guys i am new here and learning a lot from you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: