Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:20:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Detroit with Bitcoin  (Read 1572 times)
Ruthful

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:21:55 AM

Detroit can't be repaired externally, it can only fix itself internally. Nobody from the outside can change it.; the majority of people still left in Detroit are inept at accomplishing anything beneficial for the good of humanity, liberty, or morality, and would simply destroy any external effort to help them. Detroit just can't own nice things...

If only 20% of the population living in Detroit cared just a little bit about the city or their own futures, it would clean itself up; Detroit is a leper colony...

I would never live in Detroit; I don't even want to drive through Detroit.

The city is rotten to the core, oppressive laws punish morality and leave the people defenseless of their lives and property... Detroit is necrotic, it would take a violent revolution to resurrect it. The people need to get angry, they need direct their anger towards the problems, and as a community they can bring the city back; like white-blood cells they can destroy the virus and repair the damage. Moral people need to disobey laws that put their lives at risk; no law is greater than the value of the lives of moral people.

Detroit is hell on Earth and it would be a bloodbath needed to change that place. The criminals hold the power in Detroit while the innocent are defenseless. It's been so bad for so long that there are very few people still living in Detroit who would even care to change it; the majority have simply left or submitted out of fear and complacency.

Detroit is a testament, the result of the indifference of good men...

Hmmmm....

Sounds like something out of Robocop Roll Eyes
GuinnessBIT (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:30:54 AM

I am glad this is generating discussion so far.  I am just getting back to reading these now so let me do my best to reply to the points raised in the posts above.

• Nobody is going to get rich off of this (maybe that's why it won't work).
  • It is not a ponzi scheme.
  • Nobody is pre-mining anything, but we are asking for donations and volunteers to put to use.
  • The money will help beautify the houses of Detroit and create jobs.   If this benefits the politicians, then it is an unfortunate side-effect.
  • Ultimately this will benefit everyone more than it will punish those who you may feel are responsible.

The bitcoin community is apparently very skeptical, and with good reason given the thefts and scams that exist.  But just because your ex cheated on you doesn't mean every future lover will.  We are small and grass roots and easy to pick on right now.

While I am a believer and supporter of bitcoin, I can see why someone would want to start a new currency altogether.  Aurora Coin, scam or not, will raise much more money than this ever will for the people of Iceland.

Now as for the one-page, godaddy site: Anonymous registering aside for a minute,  who cares?   I explained I am just getting started.  Why spend money on an elaborate website solution when a quick and dirty solution to get the message out will do.   It will iteratively evolve if there is interest,  if not we will let it die.   Scammers are much more polished than that and usually catch more flies.  We are grass-roots and small.

Now for the anonymous registration:  Some of us are involved in multiple projects.  I am the former executive director of a non-profit organization and board member of another. I have been on the board of Detroit organizations to promote Detroit.   Before I unzip my fly and as Jay Mohr says, "Put My Name on it" I'd like to see it gain traction and see if there is a "there there."   Bitcoin projects tend to raise questions these days as you can already see.

Still hoping for the few folks who want to make a difference and who leap before they look to gain some traction.  These things build on themselves. Maybe they all went to Aurora Coin?

If the address 1DetRoitbfHwrjeiMVKSN9xpexYotQcx7m  starts getting any real money in it, I will "Put my Name on it."

Now... If you have constructive criticism by all means please post.  However, if you are just bashing the small guy with good intentions to punish the scammers please don't.   I am sure there are many who love to read their own posts but wouldn't ever donate anyway.    Stop wasting both of our times.

For the rest of you, Thanks for reading and making a difference.  Please volunteer or donate.

1DetRoitbfHwrjeiMVKSN9xpexYotQcx7m  or info@thedcoin.com
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:18:15 AM

Hmmmm....
Sounds like something out of Robocop Roll Eyes

The gangs in Detroit are out of control to the point that they could be described better or more accurately as a militant guerrilla force attacking the citizens, rather than a few groups of hooligans making mischief...

The gangs run the city, the leadership follows the money, the people suffer, and the cycle spins onward until the people will inevitably snap... Whoever comes out on top will spin the story for the history books of the future...

There can't be any real progress until Detroit can provide some incentive for new business. There's nothing in Detroit worth the risk of living there. The people own this problem because they won't rally against the leadership who clearly supports the interests of their enemies. The outcry of indifference is deafening and the economy is a perfect representative of the reality.

Every law that gets written in the city of Detroit should be assessed by each of the people living there and personally judged as if it were written against them; not all laws are written to support the better interest of the people, some of these laws are more beneficial to the organized crime. The laws that fail public scrutiny should be ignored en-mass as a statement of civil disobedience.

If the elected leadership continually fails to improve the city, or worse, progressively destroys it; at what point will the people start to give a damn? When the political power from a mob of gangbangers threatens to exceed that of the average citizens, the electoral system is broken and must be reset. It's natural really, representative Governments were designed to represent educated, moral, and ethical citizens. When the Government no longer supports the people, the people must support themselves and sway the Government by any means necessary.

This is a universal truth, when the voices of good and moral people are willfully and criminally ignored, bullets will sway Governments far more surely than votes.

Detroit is like an ACME dynamite kit sitting in a bomb factory built directly adjacent to the coolant reservoir of a large nuclear reactor... It might not blow up today or tomorrow, but damn it's pretty obvious that there's a problem and the outcome looks pretty negative.

"Maybe somebody should do something about that... Not me though; somebody else..."

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:40:27 AM

Now for the anonymous registration:  Some of us are involved in multiple projects.  I am the former executive director of a non-profit organization and board member of another. I have been on the board of Detroit organizations to promote Detroit.   Before I unzip my fly and as Jay Mohr says, "Put My Name on it" I'd like to see it gain traction and see if there is a "there there."   Bitcoin projects tend to raise questions these days as you can already see.

[...]  Please volunteer or donate.

Well, if the above is true, then revealing your identity would give the project instant credibility. I have been also involved with non-profit for years and there is no shame in trying, but failing to raise money etc. Smells very fishy.
CryptoREI

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:42:35 PM

this smells just like Detriot....... shit.

Bitcoin is about free market, the free market has determined detriot to die.... let it rest in piece no need to try to revive it. Do something good get the guys at hardcore pawn to take BTC that would be great publicity and would actually do some good.
R.I.P. Detroit

quicksalehelp.com
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:08:05 PM

The best thing for the D is to continue bulldozing the vacant blocks of homes, and turn them into farmland.

I believe this has been tried successfully so far...
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:50:43 PM

I would rather donate to a charity helping families move out of Detroit and set up roots in a living city...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:22:16 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 09:09:30 PM by franky1

Now for the anonymous registration:  Some of us are involved in multiple projects.  I am the former executive director of a non-profit organization and board member of another. I have been on the board of Detroit organizations to promote Detroit.   Before I unzip my fly and as Jay Mohr says, "Put My Name on it" I'd like to see it gain traction and see if there is a "there there."   Bitcoin projects tend to raise questions these days as you can already see.

no, how charities work is that you think of an idea.. and then.. (please read these next steps carefully)
make a detailed plan, costs, estimates, idea's, the whole shabang..
you then go and register your charity with the state , a business man such as yourself knows this atleast
you start looking at how you can help in more detail. EG surveying the area, taking pictures, asking the community.

that is how you see if a project is viable.

asking for funds comes later.. so do the research and paperwork and show evidence that the only material value of this project is not just a $1 domain name and a brainfart of someone sitting on a office chair/sofa.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:11:20 PM

alright another post that too in the off topic section asking for donations  Roll Eyes

this forum is a community of people who loves and will never hesitate in donating when its for a noble and much needed cause providing proper proofs and legit paperwork into the picture before asking anything.If you don't have any of that don't expect a single cent from anyone even if you are much legit !!
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:14:30 PM

Now for the anonymous registration:  Some of us are involved in multiple projects.  I am the former executive director of a non-profit organization and board member of another. I have been on the board of Detroit organizations to promote Detroit.   

If the address 1DetRoitbfHwrjeiMVKSN9xpexYotQcx7m  starts getting any real money in it, I will "Put my Name on it."

Yeah , and the last phrase clearly shows how much you have in common with somebody working in a non profit organisation.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
GuinnessBIT (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:50:12 PM

Well, as they say, Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

- No one is trying to convince anyone to move to Detroit.
- No one is trying to change your opinion if you feel Detroit, or the people of Detroit deserve to die because the free market determined it.   Just don't donate or help if you don't want to.
   (For that matter we would not have National Parks, or clean air if the free market were left unfettered. See the tragedy of the commons).
- No one is stealing any money from your online wallet.
- I would also doubt that the folks who are giving advice on how to start a business or charity have actually done it.  There is no one prescriptive way to start a movement. As a successful serial entrepreneur I can assure you that in some cases it is still OK to brainstorm on the back of a napkin.
-There is more to this plan than has been presented on the one page site. 

Now, having said all that, upon trying to get past the low signal to noise ratio of the reaction to this project so far and pick up something useful, I  accept the aversion to an anonymous charitable project asking for donations.  Even if I was initially annoyed.  Though there may be a bit of irony seeing as the bitcoin community revolves around anonymity from its founder to its transactions but either way I understand it now. I would add that if there is interest from a charitable organization, or a dedicated individual we would be happy to work with you and discuss the plan.   However, at this point I personally prefer to be like Batman instead of revealing my Bruce Wayne identity. 

Please feel free to comment, but please just refrain from donating or getting involved instead of going back and forth with antagonistic posts on grammar or spewing other irrelevant points.  If you have other valid constructive criticism, fine but I'm guessing it's probably time to move away from this thread altogether.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:51:18 AM

Only Chuck Norris can help Detoilet now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: