Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:36:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Detroit with Bitcoin  (Read 1572 times)
GuinnessBIT (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:48:43 PM

I admire the concept behind Aurora.  However, I would like to see a similar effort take place using Bitcoin.
Therefore I would like to announce a new Bitcoin effort to help the city of Detroit!

We are currently soliciting volunteers and donations to help put together a site and see if we cant help a city that desperately needs it. Also, to do it with the support of the BTC community using bitcoin.  The money raised will be used to beautify Detroit neighborhoods and help to revitalize the city.

Additionally money donated will be spent on Detroit projects and can be audited against the blockchain.

Help by donating or volunteering today or posting constructive comments (hopefully)!   

1DetRoitbfHwrjeiMVKSN9xpexYotQcx7m   or info@theDcoin.com
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:58:26 PM

I admire the concept behind Aurora.  However, I would like to see a similar effort take place using Bitcoin.
Therefore I would like to announce a new Bitcoin effort to help the city of Detroit!

We are currently soliciting volunteers and donations to help put together a site and see if we cant help a city that desperately needs it. Also, to do it with the support of the BTC community using bitcoin.  The money raised will be used to beautify Detroit neighborhoods and help to revitalize the city.

Additionally money donated will be spent on Detroit projects and can be audited against the blockchain.

Help by donating or volunteering today or posting constructive comments (hopefully)!  

1DetRoitbfHwrjeiMVKSN9xpexYotQcx7m   or info@theDcoin.com

can you prove you live in or near detroit
can you prove you have the paperwork needed to do whats needed.

alot of people have in the past posted idea's with no evidence that the project will start. so please do not be one of these people. please show some work in progress.

also instantpage from godaddy. not a good start

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
GuinnessBIT (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:05:59 AM

Fair questions. 

I am hoping this gains a bit of traction quickly so we can put together some pictures and progress reports of the first houses we rehab or get started on.   Then keep a running log on the site to compare to the blockchain so people can see where their money went and how it made a difference.

Right now this is just a small seedling of an idea from some people with good intentions.

We will post pictures and proof on the website when it gains traction.   Any suggestions of what to post to quell understandably skeptical people?
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:12:47 AM

Fair questions.  

I am hoping this gains a bit of traction quickly so we can put together some pictures and progress reports of the first houses we rehab or get started on.   Then keep a running log on the site to compare to the blockchain so people can see where their money went and how it made a difference.

Right now this is just a small seedling of an idea from some people with good intentions.

We will post pictures and proof on the website when it gains traction.   Any suggestions of what to post to quell understandably skeptical people?

how about talk to some people in the detroit community. like some existant charities, or even walk around the area and take some "before" pictures of the area.

EG
picture of a house with a badly kept garden and put a bounty up saying 0.05BTC to cut the lawn, then have a objective at 0.1btc to put pot plants in the garden then 0.2btc to paint the house.

that way people can see things more clearly and simply vote for the house/area/activity they want to help.

but i still wait for the evidence that this is not just a brainfart to get funds. pictures of the area before any work is done and the necessary paperwork do not need funds to kick things off. but definitely show that something has kicked off.

again instant pages by godaddy, and hiding anonymously is not a good start for someone claiming to be transparent and asking for funds.

1000's of people in the bitcoin community are getting sick of anonymous extortionists playing the charity game. if you do live in detroit and do have a charitable bone in your body, be transparent.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
GuinnessBIT (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:24:23 AM

Well the skepticism is healthy, even if a bit cynical, but I do like your idea of putting specific items to BTC bids, so in the meantime we are soliciting volunteers who can identify houses, or projects such as those described above, that would be good candidates.

Please contact info@thedcoin.com to see how you can help and either way donations will not be refused.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:42:57 AM

Well the skepticism is healthy, even if a bit cynical, but I do like your idea of putting specific items to BTC bids, so in the meantime we are soliciting volunteers who can identify houses, or projects such as those described above, that would be good candidates.

Please contact info@thedcoin.com to see how you can help and either way donations will not be refused.

so you dont live in detroit then? to be actively involved.

the community does not like middle men. check out seans outpost as an example, where the guy that posted the donations address is the same guy making the sandwiches for the homeless.

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:46:33 AM

So , from the beginning you post the address where people should donate.
No discussion what to do not nothing , no proof of who you are ...

This is not going to work. With the amount of daily scammers without real proof you are willing to do that with the funds nobody will or should give you one satoshi

btw , why the hell a domainbyproxy when you're willing to help...even more suspicious

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:48:59 AM

You could lead a horse to the water, but you can't make them drink it.

Trying to pour money into a city that broke itself is not a solution. Misdirected and naive charity is worse than doing nothing.

Detroit used to be the greatest of American industrial centers until demographic change and shitty attitude of the city political figures ('Our city' LOL) drove it into the ground.

Don't waste your money on those useless beggars. They don't have what it takes to start over.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:59:10 AM

Detroit's problems are not at root financial, that is the symptom not the disease.

They are moral, cultural and spiritual. Until those problems are rectified pouring money into a blackhole is sustaining the decay not alleviating it.

codezilla

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:00:58 AM

Why the hell would I help Detroit? I didn't run Detroit into the ground. The people of Detroit, and their elected representatives, ran Detroit into the ground.
C10H15N

Activity: 845
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:01:27 AM

If Detwat were a dog, I'd shoot it.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:05:10 AM

You could lead a horse to the water, but you can't make them drink it.

Trying to pour money into a city that broke itself is not a solution. Misdirected and naive charity is worse than doing nothing.

Detroit used to be the greatest of American industrial centers until demographic change and shitty attitude of the city political figures ('Our city' LOL) drove it into the ground.

Don't waste your money on those useless beggars. They don't have what it takes to start over.

Agree. Detroit requires a generation or two to change. No amount of money can fix the issues going on there.
Siegfried

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:06:27 AM

Let's see some specific plans.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:15:32 AM

Let's see some specific plans.

Bulldozers not bombs.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:26:18 AM

btw , why the hell a domainbyproxy when you're willing to help...even more suspicious

there are alot more suspect stuff that i could have mentioned, but i didnt want to overload the guy to make him run off.. i wanted him to show he is above board,, or slowly fall into the trap and wither away.

scaring them off by showing all the flaws will just makes them create a new name.. or buy a name in this case and try again, true charities laugh off sceptics and reply with evidence and then carry on doing actual work instead of money grabbing as their main chore.

.. im waiting for is evidence....rebuttles of waffly excuses without evidence, need not reply

Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:28:37 AM

I might want to donate to this, last time I heard information about Detroit is when it went bankrupt a few months ago.

Count me in! Smiley

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
j3steven

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:44:47 AM

As someone living in Metro Detroit, a bitcoin foundation/fundraiser/whateveryouwanttocallit isn't going to help the city one bit. 

CryptoREI

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:50:28 AM

So you are going to rehab houses? You do realize detriot is in a mass exoudous right now? House are selling for no lie 1k-2k, the city has gone to the extent of bulldozing  whole city blocks.
I smell.... el torro poo poo here.

quicksalehelp.com
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:54:52 AM

Yet another money grab scheme...

This is becoming a pattern.

Roll Eyes

People in Detroit certainly needs jobs, not BTC.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:17:27 AM

Detroit can't be repaired externally, it can only fix itself internally. Nobody from the outside can change it.; the majority of people still left in Detroit are inept at accomplishing anything beneficial for the good of humanity, liberty, or morality, and would simply destroy any external effort to help them. Detroit just can't own nice things...

If only 20% of the population living in Detroit cared just a little bit about the city or their own futures, it would clean itself up; Detroit is a leper colony...

I would never live in Detroit; I don't even want to drive through Detroit.

The city is rotten to the core, oppressive laws punish morality and leave the people defenseless of their lives and property... Detroit is necrotic, it would take a violent revolution to resurrect it. The people need to get angry, they need direct their anger towards the problems, and as a community they can bring the city back; like white-blood cells they can destroy the virus and repair the damage. Moral people need to disobey laws that put their lives at risk; no law is greater than the value of the lives of moral people.

Detroit is hell on Earth and it would be a bloodbath needed to change that place. The criminals hold the power in Detroit while the innocent are defenseless. It's been so bad for so long that there are very few people still living in Detroit who would even care to change it; the majority have simply left or submitted out of fear and complacency.

Detroit is a testament, the result of the indifference of good men...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████