Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:47:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A stop on the way to reflect  (Read 128 times)
Gothorum (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 429

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 02:33:12 PM

The time it took me to write this article, I could have spent writing an article for any rewards campaign, but I preferred to stop along the way, give my opinion about what is happening with respect to those campaigns and try to put something of sanity beyond pure speculation away from any ethics and unreason.

A person or group of people, decide to create an ICO campaign, diffusion campaign to publicize their idea, product or project, in these, they have two options, create the respective threads in the forum by registering one of the members of the team , which would be a new user without prestige in the forum, or hire a rewards administrator who does everything, even face when the bad times come, that on the other hand, when someone is outsourcing a service to which delegates Without wanting to know anything about the payments, it is already hiding, a rewards campaign is created, a hard cap of the host is marked, where they will not arrive in any of the ways.

With the proceeds, little or much, like all money collection or obtaining, they begin to think about the issue, to see how they do it, above all, as they do not pay, because money changes people, and those that before they asked for help to raise money in favor of their project, now they have become accounts, they no longer want to distribute, as in any robbery, the less they stay, the more they touch.

They start to go long without giving explanations and understand that this Internet is something open, and blockchain should not be synonymous with concealment, if not freedom and propagation, ideas and compliance.

Smart contracts, what good are they, if any evil illusioned charging tokens that will never be worth anything, is showing his face in a telegram chat that will soon disappear. Contracts are not fulfilled because people do not want, technology does not fail, people are always, their greed.

Can ICO's work? No, the ICOs can not work because behind there are people who come to the conclusion that the money collected is their property, until this is not corrected, and understand that they are managers, the ICO will not work.

Those who have become illegally enriched or alien to the least ethical, believe that cyberspace protects them, how wrong they are.

To the bounty hunters, do not work in campaigns where they do not have reliable data of the members of the team, it is not enough with four photos taken from the internet, that anyone can do, do not put themselves in the hands of strangers.

ICOs, understand that doing daily is what makes investors invest or not, in their project, that not following the road map is synonymous with breaking their word, and that harming bounty hunters do not suit them at all , a lot of them are also investors.

I end by asking for more control over the ICOs that are published, for the good of the investor, the bounty hunter and the forum, control that is very simple, request identification documents from those people who initiate the ICOs, telephones and any other documentation that force to fulfill the promises they write.

I understand that the ICO fear you at the time of the distribution of rewards, because part of that reward will go to the exchanges, and stop supporting the project in one way or another, but you can not expect them to help you boost your project, to then prevent everyone from doing what they think is convenient with their earnings, is part of the "decentralized" concept, now the general idea is closer to "if you're not mine, you're nobody's".

I do not write this thinking in any ICO in particular, I participated in about 160 ICO in one way or another during 2018, and the truth, 95% of them, leave much to be desired, although I have been paid.

Thanks to whoever reads it, and to whom I leave a comment, I promise to send you a token, they are those that are not worth anything, but hey, it's funny to have them in the account.

Greetings, friends.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:21:16 PM

Can ICO's work? No, the ICOs can not work because behind there are people who come to the conclusion that the money collected is their property, until this is not corrected, and understand that they are managers, the ICO will not work.

ICOs actually work, they worked before, many tokens made it, the majority did not. IMO this is not mainly due to how the team manages they ICO or the road-map, it is simply because the market is over-saturated, there is almost nothing that can be added to whatever there was last year or the year before. even the best team now will have a very hard time carrying on their project, early developers took the big slice and that's all about it. what is left out there is too small, competition is ATH therefore if you have 5 spots available, when 100 teams release their ICOs, 95% will fail. which is what happens now a day, let alone the scammers whom their initial plan is to take investors money and run away. these are the main reasons for ICOs fail and not just bad management.

I end by asking for more control over the ICOs that are published, for the good of the investor, the bounty hunter and the forum, control that is very simple, request identification documents from those people who initiate the ICOs, telephones and any other documentation that force to fulfill the promises they write.

who will do this work ? you realize this is a lot work that needs to be paid for, so who will pay for it? then if blockchain coins and tokens are to be anonymous why ask for all those documents? this is not feasible. nobody can do this, it's the investor's duty to do their research before throwing their money away.

I do not write this thinking in any ICO in particular, I participated in about 160 ICO in one way or another during 2018, and the truth, 95% of them, leave much to be desired, although I have been paid.

this is another problem i have with people who say, "i only participated in the campaign i lost nothing when the ICO was pure B.S". well, you lose time and efforts that could have been spent else where and gave you better rewards. unless you really know nothing in life that can make you money, then ICOs is a waste of time IMO

that was a very nice article, by the way, keep up the good work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: