Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:57:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Reasons why Ripple WILL FAIL..and why this project show us the worst of humans  (Read 109 times)
rolandD (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:13:58 PM

https://medium.com/@LinkCoin/the-truth-behind-ripple-borderless-payment-mechanism-or-fraudulent-crypto-991083df62a9

I know every fan of decentralization hates Ripple, but I never really understood why. I just saw this article, are the claims they make correct? If so, it is absolutely disgusting that a company can generate 41 BILLION DOLLARS in wealth, by either outright deceiving their investors, or just making it too difficult for them to do their due diligence.
greenlanternlight01
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:19:07 PM

I know every fan of decentralization hates Ripple, but I never really understood why. I just saw this article, are the claims they make correct? If so, it is absolutely disgusting that a company can generate 41 BILLION DOLLARS in wealth, by either outright deceiving their investors, or just making it too difficult for them to do their due diligence.

What article are you referring to?

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:23:13 PM

Personal fan of decentralization, personally not a fan of Ripple, but I think the centralization argument is quite moot. Ripple is a banker's coin that seeks to service financial institutions. What does it stand to gain by being decentralized? Is Amazon bad and destined to fail because it's centralized? It's a silly argument.
rolandD (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:26:07 PM

What article are you referring to?

Sorry forgot to post the article in my original post: https://medium.com/@LinkCoin/the-truth-behind-ripple-borderless-payment-mechanism-or-fraudulent-crypto-991083df62a9
rolandD (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:33:18 PM

Personal fan of decentralization, personally not a fan of Ripple, but I think the centralization argument is quite moot. Ripple is a banker's coin that seeks to service financial institutions. What does it stand to gain by being decentralized? Is Amazon bad and destined to fail because it's centralized? It's a silly argument.

Fair point, but their lack of transparency surrounding this fact is the issue. They are fine taking in non-banking capital to service their banking focused market. They should be more open about their mission as a company.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: