Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:23:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins That Do Not Depend on BTC Price?  (Read 186 times)
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:06:24 PM

Are there any altcoins that does not depend on btc price?  As most of you know, btc price goes up, altcoin price goes up.  When btc prices goes down, altcoin price follows.  But are there any altcoins that does not care what btc price does?  If so, what are these coins?

when I was there, try searching for an ACDC coin (Volt) in a coinmarketcap, even though the coin has a pair with Bitcoin, it doesn't change the price on a large scale because they are more to the USDT pair.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:15:04 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2019, 12:12:28 AM by bitcoin31

Most of the altcoins are depends on the bitcoin. Because if we see the market once the bitcoin move down or move up the sltcoind too are have movements same as what happen to the bitcoin. They have happen that other coin are opposite of what happen to the bitcoin it's not 100 percent that altcoins follow the movement of the bitcoin they have effect also maybe it's helpful or not.
Luvr1000

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:19:56 PM

I think that today there are no such coins, the entire cryptocurrency market depends on bitcoin and it has always been so, and I think that it will always be so, since bitcoin is a kind of dollar, to which all the others are equal, it is possible that the Ethereum coin in the future will stand firmly on its feet, but bitcoin will still affect the price
Thepareshy

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:24:15 PM

I'm new in crypto and I may be wrong, but from what I've noticed in past days the coin that is affected the least by Bitcoin may be BNB.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:27:57 PM

There is one and will always be one.
Tether. It is the same as the value of USD so it wont move anywhere.

Sick isnt it? Because of that Tether the market had changed drastically. Before it was altcoin up bitcoin down and vice versa. But it is just history by now.
Thanks to Tether.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:46:04 PM

Are there any altcoins that does not depend on btc price?  As most of you know, btc price goes up, altcoin price goes up.  When btc prices goes down, altcoin price follows.  But are there any altcoins that does not care what btc price does?  If so, what are these coins?
Yes there are altcoins that don't depend to bitcoin's price, have you heard about the stable coins? they have stable price at $0.99 - $1.01. Those are the prices that it fluctuates within the time but they remain stable at $1.

These stable coins are the ones that most traders use now to avoid for the meanwhile the risk of getting low in value of their portfolio. It's a time saver for most of us but I'm not a fan of using it, I'm good as holding my valuable coins.

Signature for rent
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:49:47 PM

The altcoin price highly correlates to the market leader as it is a relatively small market. Only stable coins like Tether, Dai, etc.
does not correlate as they are not fluctuating like other coins.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
adterna

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:57:59 PM

It looks like a lot of Altcoin are dependent on the price of Bitcoin, like doge coins, we can see in the crypto market, doge prices tend to be stable if the price of bitcoin rises or falls, even though the price of bitcoin rises or falls very drastically, doge coins remain.

────────  WORLD BEST MINER  ────────
CRYPTO MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
GENESIS MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
Raizou

Activity: 758
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 01:02:18 AM

Not to mention the stablecoins, at the moment, no coin could survive without the BTC, unfortunately this is a reality that constrains, but on the other hand points out the lack of applications or even adoption of other coins! Even the most liquid ones like ETH, LTC, DASH, XRP, DOGE and XMR, these coins depend heavily on the price movements of the BTC! Maybe XRP and DOGE are walking towards freedom! Why? Because they were the only ones that grew in the last months even with the BTC falling.
Jackrodwell
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:16:05 PM

I am yet to see such altcoin with no correlation with Bitcoin . I think bitcoin still remains the benchmark and every other coin seems to be taking moment from it .
That is a good point,bitcoin takes the lead and others follow,as the father of all cryptocurrency, btc benchmark determines all other altcoin prizes.
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:08:30 PM

What about binance?  Seems to only increase and when btc has went down?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: