Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:41:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: multipools are truly destroy all alts  (Read 2016 times)
eddilicious (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:19:35 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 04:56:31 AM by eddilicious

I used to pick a few coins I thought I could hold on to and mined to local wallet. Only see those coins dropped to worthless. Now I give my 7950s to multipools. It gives me a garden variety of them. the problem is, I was never a fan of them, so I joined the dump army too. I just sold some doge at 126. I never believe doge coin, so I honestly just think it is worthless. the coin end up in the hands that does not believe it, so it got dumped. and literally, every single alt coin is being dumped into oblivion by someone right now, so to those in my local wallets.

now what?
bl0ckchain

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:33:54 AM

now what?

Multi-pool resistant Goldcoin (GLD) is the answer with its new 51% attack defense system. The price is stable at one penny and with a new java client coming out this spring, there's only way to go baby and that's to the moon.  Kiss
noelmal

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:35:20 AM

multiples aren't killing alts, the markets being flooded with too many alts, and exchanges are listing any scam that comes along. devalues all.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:36:55 AM

Uh. Kimoto. Gravity. Well.

Also.

Gold tho- I put 2 btc in that, I hopeful 4 the profits and such.

Horses in midstream.
bl0ckchain

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:40:10 AM

What he said. ^^ multipools won't touch GLD with a ten-foot pole thanks to the new code.

Goldcoin theme song >>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
dustint

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:41:06 AM

Look into a coin that the multipools don't touch like goldcoin.  It has a multipool defense built into the client where only 5 or 6 blocks can be found every 10 minutes max.  If a multipool mines it they are wasting their hashpower because all they will get is the set amount and no more.  
gloine

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:41:46 AM

Eventually all the coins need users who are not miners. I think multipools are the way to go for miners, and the true problem is that many altcoins are not being used for any practical purpose.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:51:31 AM

What he said. ^^ multipools won't touch GLD with a ten-foot pole thanks to the new code.

No lie, MChammer had a gold toilet, gold all over his mansion till he went bankrupt... but you probably knew that.

Can't touch this.

Horses in midstream.
eddilicious (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:51:40 AM

Uh. Kimoto. Gravity. Well.

Also.

Gold tho- I put 2 btc in that, I hopeful 4 the profits and such.

right. look at the gold in coinwarz and tell me how it is different from any other Kimoto's Gravity Slide.

Kimoto's Gravity Well keeps the mining operation, it does not stop miners from dumping what they just got.

eddilicious (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:54:50 AM

Eventually all the coins need users who are not miners. I think multipools are the way to go for miners, and the true problem is that many altcoins are not being used for any practical purpose.

+1. guess I am a miner then. it is the community's job to find a use of that coin. my job is put 4 7950 together and pay my electricity bill.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:59:36 AM

these mined cryptocurrencies would be great if it wasn't for all the idiot miners fucking shit up for the rest of us!

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
eddilicious (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:01:26 AM

No lie, MChammer had a gold toilet, gold all over his mansion till he went bankrupt... but you probably knew that.

Can't touch this.

shit, did the bank turn the toilet into shinny necklace and put it on some celebrity's neck?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:15:09 AM

Can't touch this.

When the hammer falls  Cheesy
Why do so many celebs and sports stars go broke? They must know that saving something is a good idea?

jonnysomething

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:14:46 AM

Is it possible to DDOS multipools? An all out war would need to be started. I definitely agree they are ruining it.

Or exchanges need to start taking responsibility and banning accounts with high transaction rates, all one direction.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:19:17 AM

Scam coins deserve to die.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
eddilicious (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:34:20 AM

Scam coins deserve to die.

there are scam coins, ipo coin, premine coins, instamine coins.

there are some dev made great effort trying to be fast, to be anonymous, to have domain names.

At this moment, there is no much difference at all. all falling into the tomb, with a different speed.

And the more they fall, the less people will buy, because I can always wait tomorrow, for a better price. And if i miss this coin, there is another coin at dirt cheap price. so everyone pull their bids.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:49:10 AM

Its Cryptsy, those greedy morons want to collect fees at any cost. Cryptsy needs to delete 80% of their overrated copy&past Cryptos and stop acting so desperate.
WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:08:12 PM

I don't think there is enough appreciation around that all crypto coins are just experiments in a new form of currency.  The more experimentation we do the more we learn about what makes an effective stable coin.  If a coin is going to succeed it needs to be attacked in every conceivable way and show it can't be hurt.  Bring on the pain and lets see which coins remain standing.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:18:40 PM

I don't think there is enough appreciation around that all crypto coins are just experiments in a new form of currency.  The more experimentation we do the more we learn about what makes an effective stable coin.  If a coin is going to succeed it needs to be attacked in every conceivable way and show it can't be hurt.  Bring on the pain and lets see which coins remain standing.

No I think its just a select few that are making all of them, copy/paste and change a few numbers. Many of them are not to "test" as you say.

Few have done some decent things yes, but like all developments, it takes money, and when your coin is caught up in the shit storm of the crap coins, you have a hard time getting anything going due to low prices.

That is another reason why I dont understand why when there is something interesting, devs premine, people bitch. They just expect the devs to pony up hundreds of dollars so the rape miners can dump the shit out of the coin to make the profit.

Its gotten really fcked up in the last few months... I think we are in a strong downturn right now... hopefully it will bounce back.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
eddilicious (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:33:21 AM

No I think its just a select few that are making all of them, copy/paste and change a few numbers. Many of them are not to "test" as you say.

Few have done some decent things yes, but like all developments, it takes money, and when your coin is caught up in the shit storm of the crap coins, you have a hard time getting anything going due to low prices.

That is another reason why I dont understand why when there is something interesting, devs premine, people bitch. They just expect the devs to pony up hundreds of dollars so the rape miners can dump the shit out of the coin to make the profit.

Its gotten really fcked up in the last few months... I think we are in a strong downturn right now... hopefully it will bounce back.

+1 to shit storm. those "dev"s create coins like a fashion business. this month, there are a dozen premine coins, another month, there are quick halving period coins, another month, there are a dozen 1-trillion coins. there are very few actually try some economic or mathemetic model to "experiment" anything at all. they even try to do insta-mine first, then announce to install KGW.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: