Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ALL Initial Coin Offerings are Trash  (Read 22248 times)
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 06:52:38 PM

Yeah, scam ICOs are one of the main reasons of so deep and long correction. But unfortunately humans have too short memory and in a few years the history will repeat itself with a new form - STO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 04:35:06 PM

I think what you're saying is uncomfortable truth. It was so pleasant to create an illusion,
and it's a heartbreaking experience to admit one has been fooling himself. But on the whole, I agree with you.
ssuchy

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:23:55 PM

I think what you're saying is uncomfortable truth. It was so pleasant to create an illusion,
and it's a heartbreaking experience to admit one has been fooling himself. But on the whole, I agree with you.

in any case, lately every cryptocurrency user has accumulated a lot of negative experiences. But in this case, you can not lose heart and use your capabilities and knowledge you need to the maximum. Even a negative experience is good.
UnruffledST

Activity: 243
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:29:14 PM

There's a lot of posts in this section "ICOs will come back", "Some ICOs are scams", "Should I do ICOs". These all contain the implication that Initial Coin Offerings are fine and dandy.

What type of information do you need to know that Initial Coin Offerings are trash the majority of the time? 80% of ICOs in 2017 were scams. To put that into respective, that's 4 out of every 5. The odds are terrible. Going by the rules of probability, you're going to be apart of the four of five. Why wouldn't you be?

The ideas I've seen with Initial Coin Offerings are just as bad. Why do these companies need $80 million in the first place? Let's be realistic, most things don't need to be on the blockchain. Satoshi didn't need to do an Initial Coin Offering to make Bitcoin into a bustling success. He started off putting in his own money. What do ICOs actually have to bring to the table?

The people that are making these threads with a positive implication are probably apart of the scams, or they're risking their money with the odds stacked entirely against them.

It's possible to have original ideas offered for free. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin. Some people are simply blinded by their greed and short-term to try speculate on the worthless. No wonder bubbles are so rampant within this ecosystem.

Resources:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-study-says-80-percent-of-icos-conducted-in-2017-were-scams

There are some ICO's who provide great idea's but genuinely need the funding to start off to develop the product as it takes in alot of resources and can't be done solely by one man.

Not trying to sell my ICO to you but if you take a look at https://scroda.io/ do you think it's a bad idea? It's not

I know we are missing team members but we are in the process as we are still in the early stages after just going public. We have offers but won't just accept all offers coming to the door as we have to make sure we have quality members.

Looking at the idea what do you think?

But I do agree with you that 94% of ICO's are trash/scams
Dron555

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:49:46 PM

I am surprised, where is the fraud, the coins are created to participate in the exchange game. You think that no one loses on dollar exchange rates on commodity exchanges or stock exchanges, there are a lot of examples, there was a code to buy company stocks in Japan and past hurricane stocks fell in price and end, but nobody says that this is a fraud, and how many millions of people lose on courses of dollars and apartments and factories, but no one says that this is a fraud. Because this is a stock exchange, this is a game, take the new coins and sell them on the first day of stock exchange or hold them until they grow. This is a stock exchange, someone wins, someone loses this life, this is normal.
dutechman

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 08:43:47 PM

Not at all, I don't agree. Not all ICOs are trash.  We have a lot of ICOs that are doing wonderfully well, worthy of investing in especially those that have in market for some time.  Even few of those coming out now are also good just that the market situation is not making them to live to their full potential. Many ICOs are trash but not all of them

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
raditerko

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 08:59:29 PM

most of ICOs look poor and bad but there are also good and sucessful project, so I`d not to say that ALL ICOs are trash.
May be some of them really are. Or even most Grin

EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) (https://www.empirehotels.io/) The Future of Hospitality
--------  Whitepaper (https://www.empirehotels.io/docs/en/whitepaper-en.pdf) ?  Twitter (https://twitter.com/empirehotelsapp) ?   Telegram (https://t.me/shtbounty) ?   Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/empirehotelsapp) ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019  (https://www.empirehotels.io/)
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 09:00:00 PM

ICO is dusting the eyes. When we invest in an ICO we pay for the prospect, not for the finished work. This means that the risks are extremely high. Developers are free to do whatever they want without bearing direct responsibility.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
minttop

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 09:55:30 PM

At the moment yes. I like only fetch ai, but nothing more. From my point of view ethereum is the most popular one platform, but recently some platforms like Binance suggest a new way and it can be a hype!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
Freny250
Copper Member

Activity: 307

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:10:35 PM

You can not necessarily say all are trash at the moment because some are still performing absolutely well. Like bittorent it did x4 in this bewr market

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
marksayson

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 10:33:40 PM

That was the biggest mistake for them knowing that all ICO'S are a complete trash, because it was not. Though there are many ico that can be determined as scam. But most of ico also are good and have a great concept.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1646

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 10:40:34 PM

I would not say all of them are trash. The secret is to find one with a good use case, a legit team, a good roadmap, and most important: an idea that has never been used before.

The ICO I am advising right now has found a niche market and does its best to provide confidence in the use case of the token. And it is going gangbusters.

Althought if I had to guess, I would say STOs are taking over the market soon. But that does not mean you won't find a diamond of a ICO every now and then...

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 11:51:12 PM

ICOs are just a new way to steal money from people but we were not into what ICOs really want to do during the 2017 ICO bubble. This led to all these many scams that have cost cypto a lot. There is nothing new that ICOs are here to solve. All the successful projects in the real world never sought financial assistance but are far better than those we see in the digital world.
If projects want to really do good, they should make things available in the form of shares so that people who wanna buy those shares will enjoy their % in the business.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1646

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 11:52:24 PM

ICOs are just a new way to steal money from people but we were not into what ICOs really want to do during the 2017 ICO bubble. This led to all these many scams that have cost cypto a lot. There is nothing new that ICOs are here to solve. All the successful projects in the real world never sought financial assistance but are far better than those we see in the digital world.
If projects want to really do good, they should make things available in the form of shares so that people who wanna buy those shares will enjoy their % in the business.

Then whats the point in doing an ico? Might as well just sell shares on the stock market.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 11:58:36 PM

I understand why you feel all initial coin offerings are trash and this is because a lot of people have gotten burnt by investing in initial coin offerings. I myself have lost a lot of money buying some coins that has just kept going down since after the initial coin offering and statistics are also shown that project are making less and less return on investment as time goes on so is the most important thing which is to invest only in the very few good projects.
There are some projects that are very difficult to get into because of how good or rated they are  so instead of investing in the scam project wait and get the good project on exchange

Perie200

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 02:03:35 AM

I have been following the crypto market for a couple of years and have come across many good and garbage projects. The thing is that to call ICO garbage is not correct, I will explain why.  The most profitable IPO on return on investment - Ethereum (702 000%), NXT (697 275%), IOTA (282 300%), NEO (123 300%), Stratus (42 500%) and others... Do you have any idea what money the investor earned by buying tokens of these successful projects? ICO is primarily needed for mass advertising of the product that makes the project. Every day I come across new interesting startups on the pages of social networks, if the projects did not advertise themselves and did not make a bounty, they would not have started to work without the initial investment.
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 02:20:56 AM

There's a lot of posts in this section "ICOs will come back", "Some ICOs are scams", "Should I do ICOs". These all contain the implication that Initial Coin Offerings are fine and dandy.

What type of information do you need to know that Initial Coin Offerings are trash the majority of the time? 80% of ICOs in 2017 were scams. To put that into respective, that's 4 out of every 5. The odds are terrible. Going by the rules of probability, you're going to be apart of the four of five. Why wouldn't you be?

The ideas I've seen with Initial Coin Offerings are just as bad. Why do these companies need $80 million in the first place? Let's be realistic, most things don't need to be on the blockchain. Satoshi didn't need to do an Initial Coin Offering to make Bitcoin into a bustling success. He started off putting in his own money. What do ICOs actually have to bring to the table?

The people that are making these threads with a positive implication are probably apart of the scams, or they're risking their money with the odds stacked entirely against them.

It's possible to have original ideas offered for free. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin. Some people are simply blinded by their greed and short-term to try speculate on the worthless. No wonder bubbles are so rampant within this ecosystem.

Resources:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-study-says-80-percent-of-icos-conducted-in-2017-were-scams
We should not say that all of ICOs are worthless because there ICOs that are really profitable and promising. I stopped making investment with ICOs because it is now hard to find a good one.
moonblocks

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 02:39:52 AM

Not all of them are but you are right a large percentage simply aren't legitimate offerings or don't represent viable propositions that have potential to achieve usability or adoption and not a lot of investors are aware of that although recently there's been a huge backlash against the ICO industry because of this hence the decrease in the number of projects achieving success using this type of funding mechanism

bezzler

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 03:22:45 AM

Resources:

You are right that there are too many scam ICO created making everyone having hard day to filter all those scams. But i think it's not be wise to say all of the ICO were scam, since there are some good quality and original ICO created among those scams.
Danda23
Copper Member

Activity: 176
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 04:13:21 AM

You might have your reasons for saying all ICOs are trash , but i do not agree with it, fine and good, we can say some ICOs are scam, no doubt, but there are certainly some ICOs you wish you did not miss. There are some with very good use case and at the exchange ,they do well. Not all fall in the trash group

▔▔▔▔▔
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: