Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:56:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help with Miner Rig- BAMT Freezes after adding 2nd GPU  (Read 529 times)
cryptodruti (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:41:13 AM

Hey guys, I finally got my mining rig to work a few weeks ago and it's been working perfectly fine ever since. When I chose the components for my rig I specifically chose a setup with a large PSU (for future expansion) and only one GPU since I was on a budget. Today I went out and bought another GPU and some riser cables. I connected everything and after some initial trouble shooting I was finally able to boot BAMT with the 2 cards instead of one. The rig ran fine and both cards were hashing to there full potential, after about 5 min the screen went black and reappeared soon after frozen with small green circles everywhere in a pattern. I rebooted multiple times and have tried running it with the monitor connected to the old and the new GPU. I ran it using the risers but only the old GPU and it worked just like before, but when I only used the new GPU it froze like it did with two GPU's. Does anyone know why this is happening, is it a problem with the New GPU? Any help is greatly appreciated!
swiftshoot

Activity: 200

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:18:04 PM

Did you smell something burning?
Did you buy a cheap motherboard?
Did you burn out your Motherboard?
Did you create a Powered Riser to bypass the motherboard power?
Did you check your Power connectors on the GPUs are properly pushed in?

THere are many factors that can cause this... you just need to find them.

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
cryptodruti (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:20:26 PM

No I don't smell anything burning, and yea I did buy a cheap motherboard, but i'm using powered risers on both cards and I don't think there's anything wrong with the mobo cause it ran fine all last night with just my old card.. I went out today and returned the card and got a replacement and i'm still getting the same problem Huh Sad  btw my old card was a gigabyte r9 270 and my new card is a saphire r9 270x.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: