Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:12:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATE][MEOW] Notes from the first meeting of KittehCommand and next steps  (Read 2205 times)
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 02:44:27 AM

Notes from first meeting of "KittehCommand"

http://kittehcoin.info
Donate to development efforts: KTiU2iYZyykHG9EBbYZ85ygpWNReXtZbFm

KittehCoin Forums | KittehCoin Reddit
Marketing Contact: sebastien@kittehcoin.info | Lead Developer: dan@kittehcoin.info

As mentioned in previous updates we have formed a leadership board rather than me being the sole "lead" when it comes to KittehCoin stuff. This will help us not only move things forward faster and with a greater variety of perspectives- but it will also allow us to provide answers to the community much more rapidly since 4 people are inevitably more available than one person.

Here is the official "KittehCommand" Group:

All members of the leadership board have been with KittehCoin since the new team took over the coin, so we are all equally committed to seeing KittehCoin Succeed.

Here are the topics discussed during our first official meeting:
  • Initial Leadership Sync
  • MergeMined Coin
  • Marketing/PR Status
  • Next steps for KittehCoin/Contribute System

In the spirit of transparency, I'll share a brief tidbit about what we discussed:
Initial Leadership Sync - This is internal information that previously was only known by me, now is common knowledge amongst the leadership team. We went through some general Q&A and aligned on our current status.

MergeMined Coin - We will be launching a new sister-coin to KittehCoin that is very rare and can only be mined by mining KittehCoin. This new coin will be properly marketed/pre-announced, etc and will be forever tied to MEOW but much more scarce. This is not only a unique feature for KittehCoin but will improve our core network power and also provide miners with greater incentive to mine- we are talking about making the merge mine coin very rare, like 900k max, or maybe 9mil (cats have 9lives Wink ), but it will be rare by comparison to MEOW. At this point our team has strong connections to miners and exchanges so the new sister coin would immediately be available on one or more exchanges, etc.

Marketing/PR Status - We realize KittehCoin marketing is lacking and some members of the team who signed up for "marketing" were more talk than action. We discussed immediate actions that could be taken to at least start to fix this situation and will be acting on those immediately in the form of contests and giveaways to design stickers and tshirts for MEOW rewards. Sebastien1234 will be posting about this officially in the next day our two.

Beyond that we will be working on improving our marketing through putting together videos, audio and other media formats that will attract new kittehs. We'll centralize news announcement to our Tumblr and than cross-post to the various forums and social channels as needed. We want to reach out to celebrities and get a twitter MEOW tipbot working to get them interested.

We're still looking for a solid marketer, there is so much marketing potential between the whole kittehs/memes/cats/girls/sex angles on "KittehCoin" I'm surprised some astute marketer hasn't purchased a ton of MEOW at 7 satoshi and then reached out to us to help increase the coin's value (hint hint, I know you're out there). Until we find that person, we have lots of ideas and will look to the community to help us in spreading them around. We also want to make sure that our news (be it website, this announcement, or otherwise) is available in multiple native-languages.

Next steps for KittehCoin/Contribute System - We tested the KittehContribute system this weekend (contribute.kittehcoin.info) which will allow the community which is in such a fervor to help out with a variety of tasks, to actually help out. The system points the community's energy toward specific projects or tasks within those projects that KittehCoin as an organization needs help with- in many cases there will be a reward, but some items we will be looking for the community to help with solely to increase the value of a coin they themselves hold. KittehCoin is going to be a community effort, many merchants have already shown their support in that regard by manually implementing KittehCoin payment. They do MEOW payment processing manually while waiting for our payment processor Moolah.io to have an official solution ready for the public. We need our MEOW customers to be as proactive as our MEOW merchants, and the contribute system will enable that. We need to tweak some of the access restrictions in the system before we can open it up, so we'll do that, and then have an official release/announcement regarding that- as with all KittehCoin initiatives, we aren't going to release anything half baked.

The Next steps for KittehCoin are:
- Getting KittehCommand setup with access to internal communications channels like twitter/FB/g+
- Getting the sticker and tshirt design contest started
- Rolling out payment processor integration (if this is ready first)
- Rolling out the "properly packaged and preannounced" merge-mined sister coin.
- We also realize the input variables we are using for KGW are not as effective as they could be, so we will be tweaking those variables for the best results and if we find that KGW cannot be tweaked to our liking, we will create our own diff adjustment algo.

I appreciate everyone's support of KittehCoin through the rough period all "known" alts are going through. KittehCoin is not a pump and dump coin, its not a premine coin. The team is here to develop a real ecosystem around a fun (and possibly profitable!) altcoin. The community should understand none of the team hold a large amount of MEOW and there was no premine/IPO. Honesty, most the MEOW our team holds we bought at what currently would be a loss. We're making other people money by increasing the value of MEOW, we aren't making the money here. We are still here pushing this coin forward. We know KittehCoin is in a solid place given the exchanges, the payment processors lined up, the community, and the marketing potential here to not keep pushing this forward.

If you've got ideas? You want think we should make a youtube vid or post more on twitter/fb/forums or translate the website into language XYZ - DO IT! I encourage the community to act on their suggestions immediately- you don't need approval from us to go make a KittehCoin youtube video or to post a kittehcoin meme on your Facebook or on some new forums or subreddit that has never heard of KittehCoin- so do it! We will too, and KittehCoin will be better for it.

We're really looking forward to the contests coming up over the next week, and pre-announcing the merge mined coin that will be launching in the coming weeks! As always, thanks for your continued support, ideas, and enthusiasm, it keeps us going late into the night!

TL;DR;
- KittehCommand is now a group of 4 ppl with MEOW from the start that represent the leadership, no longer one person
- We realize marketing needs work, and we're going to do our best to improve it
- We have an entirely new sister coin coming, can only be obtained by mining KittehCoin and is very rare
- We have a community contribution system in testing right now
- We have a sticker and tshirt design contest launching this week!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Demator027

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:05:49 AM

Sounds Great Dano! Love the merged coin idea!
lolooo

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:13:10 AM

great! thank you for your hard work!

ShareCoin:SStUJR27uYZUjY9yrhDmmR7pswE178us5G
wB`

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:14:25 AM

Thanks Dan! Cant wait to start mining the new merged coin Smiley
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:26:34 AM

Is there any way the sister coin will lower the value of Meow for some reason?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
wB`

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:03:57 AM

Is there any way the sister coin will lower the value of Meow for some reason?

i dont think it would directly lower the value of Meow.
blue_bit

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:22:57 AM

up up!!!!!!!!!!!1
rubenaco

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:10:54 AM

to da mooon Grin Grin

open your mind!!
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

King of all the land

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:21:17 PM

Awesome, just awesome.
thisisit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:24:53 PM

We will be launching a new sister-coin to KittehCoin that is very rare and can only be mined by mining KittehCoin. This new coin will be properly marketed/pre-announced, etc and will be forever tied to MEOW but much more scarce. This is not only a unique feature for KittehCoin but will improve our core network power and also provide miners with greater incentive to mine- we are talking about making the merge mine coin very rare, like 900k max, or maybe 9mil (cats have 9lives Wink ), but it will be rare by comparison to MEOW. At this point our team has strong connections to miners and exchanges so the new sister coin would immediately be available on one or more exchanges, etc.

*sigh* another coin. catcoin, meow, x...  lets see how this works out.

any coin that makes me a profit.
Martin Law

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:17:12 PM

Help KittehCoin grow by using it:

Rent webspace with KittehCoin or Play Blackjack with it.

Letting the coin sit idle will not help it grow!!!
i8

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:10:41 PM

good job guys! can't wait to hear more!

ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ Pandacoin is LOVE! ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
rayl

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:05:27 PM

Dogecoin 1.6 will be implementing some exploit fixes that also plague Kittehcoin.  I hope that Kittehcoin doesn't lag too far behind in implementing similar fixes.

The high block reward cherry-picking is a definite issue with MEOW.  I solo mined MEOW for over a week recently and only found a single block with a reward over 25500.  Apparently, the "random" block reward is entirely based upon previously found blocks, and is therefore predictable in advance, allowing certain multipools to only mine the high paying blocks.

The DigiShield difficulty algorithm also appears to be significantly better than KGW.

Here is the summary of changes from the Dogecoin 1.6 reddit announcement:

Changes implemented;

1) No longer a random block reward - we now only have static blocks. The current reward will be 250,000 Doge per block, with the halvening dropping us to 125,000 Doge per block, etc etc. This will prevent block cherry-picking; as we're seeing at the moment, with our community pools only seeing 100-200k blocks, while the multi's gaming the system are enjoying 300-500k blocks. From the 1.6 update, all blocks will be completely even.

2) The DigiShield difficulty algorithm: again, developed and contributed by the very clever folks at /r/DigiByte , this allows for rapid block retarget times, and rapid recovery from multipools suddenly hitting the network; meaning that our miners will no longer suffer from extremely long block times if a Multipool does decide to jump on board. This new algorithm will retarget our block times MUCH faster - ensuring the hard-mining shibe is not left holding the bag after the multipool ransack.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 01:55:26 AM

Dogecoin 1.6 will be implementing some exploit fixes that also plague Kittehcoin.  I hope that Kittehcoin doesn't lag too far behind in implementing similar fixes.

The high block reward cherry-picking is a definite issue with MEOW.  I solo mined MEOW for over a week recently and only found a single block with a reward over 25500.  Apparently, the "random" block reward is entirely based upon previously found blocks, and is therefore predictable in advance, allowing certain multipools to only mine the high paying blocks.

The DigiShield difficulty algorithm also appears to be significantly better than KGW.

Here is the summary of changes from the Dogecoin 1.6 reddit announcement:

Changes implemented;

1) No longer a random block reward - we now only have static blocks. The current reward will be 250,000 Doge per block, with the halvening dropping us to 125,000 Doge per block, etc etc. This will prevent block cherry-picking; as we're seeing at the moment, with our community pools only seeing 100-200k blocks, while the multi's gaming the system are enjoying 300-500k blocks. From the 1.6 update, all blocks will be completely even.

2) The DigiShield difficulty algorithm: again, developed and contributed by the very clever folks at /r/DigiByte , this allows for rapid block retarget times, and rapid recovery from multipools suddenly hitting the network; meaning that our miners will no longer suffer from extremely long block times if a Multipool does decide to jump on board. This new algorithm will retarget our block times MUCH faster - ensuring the hard-mining shibe is not left holding the bag after the multipool ransack.

Excellent information thanks for being so proactive and clear/concise in your explanation of the ways DOGE is looking to remedy those issues. We will explore similar paths- currently we were thinking tweaking input variables to KGW will do the trick but we will certainly test both KGW w/changed variables and DigiShield on the testnet and whatever performs best will be the winner so to speak.

As for the block reward I'll have to talk to the team about this- given the predictability of random rewards, if its as "gameable" as you claim (not doubting, I just always independently verify and will as soon as I have time) then we'll want to address that as well. I don't want to speak to how we'll address that just yet as KittehCommand needs to be involved in that conversation.

Thanks for the excellent post!

Want to help raise awareness around KittehCoin, we'll pay to you to help!
TSHIRT and STICKER design contest! 100k MEOW (or more) prize to winners! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=511907.msg5652224#msg5652224

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: