Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:22:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LYNX'S ART SHOULD IT BE CHRONOLOGICALLY CATALOGUED ON FRANKS SITE  (Read 618 times)
Fattcatt (OP)

Activity: 1914
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:45:14 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2019, 08:58:51 PM by Fattcatt
Merited by frankbitcoin (5), Kryptowerk (2)

I for one have some of LYNX's early art, and think it would be a good idea for Frank tochronologically catalogue ALL of his Crypto related art from the beginning of him producing it. If you go to his site, you can only see a select amounts of art that he has produced in the past, leaving large gaps.. I think that LYNX should have standards. Coin makers do. LYNX should list EVERYTHING  produced thats Crypto related. From the very beginning. In order, number made, price's, date offered. Also that the #1's are Private Issue-and were meant to be held for their Private Collection, but some were sold at a much higher asking price, making them VERY RARE to have at all. Transparency.

I know at one time, he had a short list in here, way back when...but I'm talking now. From the First Editions, Second, Third, and so on. I would like to have the validation on the things that I own, for in the future, where anyone can go and get the validation. There's no better time than now to start.

An ongoing chronologic catalogue of pieces that LYNX has produced, included on the LYNX site. Anything that can be done to maintain value and validation of ownership of the Art, should be done for the owners.

1st Edition:To the Moon  with the bitcoin guy was the first, if I'm not mistaken. 100 made (Date of First Offering)
Second Edition:On the Moon 100 made (Date Offered)
Third Edition:Mars  50 made (Date Offered)
(Etc...)Bitcoin Astronaute 50 made (Date Offered)
Blast off  100 made (Date Offered)
End the FED  21 made (Date Offered)
Ignore the Fud  100 made  (Date Offered)

*some of this information could be off a little, but the fact that LYNX is beginning to get recognition now, only emphasises the fact that this needs to be done. And the sooner the better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frankbitcoin

Activity: 1288
Merit: 295

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 05:00:50 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

We definitely do have standards!

As I mentioned to you in my direct message, yes, this is definitely something we will work on doing, it just might take me a few months to tackle it all and get it up and going.  I will do an overhaul of the "Art Retirement" page and list all of the items that were previously released along with their limit numbers, mediums, etc.

Side note:  It's a bit hard to "come out in the open" about several of the #1's as many of the buyers may possibly want to remain private.  We've sold many of our #1's to crypto coin creators themselves as well as large crypto exchange owners.  I'm not certain they would want that information publicized as them being the owner(s) - that's a bit of breach of privacy, in my opinion.  Because of that, I will never publicly list who owns what piece unless they've already disclosed it.  If people want to come out and say what they own, they are welcome to.  

Right now our plate is quite full; we partnered up with a new large vendor who is loading up all of our products, so my time will be consumed with building out that linesheet for them.  Also have several custom designs to cater to over the coming weeks.  Plus we just had a blow-up Reddit post yesterday (over 90K upvotes) which has us inudated with orders right now Wink  In addition, our very first metal wallet (  Shocked ) will release in the next 1-2 weeks.

Anywho, thanks for the suggestion.  We will certainly work on it.

Best,

-Frank
Fattcatt (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 07:59:46 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2019, 08:10:49 PM by Fattcatt

That's wonderful, we'll be looking forward to it. Cheesy For the record, I never asked you to disclose who the owners are. Just where in the production line-up it fell into, and when purchased, for how many BTCit sold for, and a picture for reference.  Wink  And, congratulations on your orders and the recognition you deserve, nice job Frank!!!

January 25, 2019
frankbitcoin

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 10:15:56 PM

Alright I started digging into it a little bit.  Smiley

Check the update on this page, you'll see the list has started at the top of the page:

https://lynxartcollection.com/pages/product-retirement

It still needs a LOT added to it, but it's a quick start.

This same list will also be available as a downloadable excel sheet which is color coded and a bit easier to read.  Cool
frankbitcoin

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 02:53:05 AM
Merited by Kryptowerk (2)

Spent this evening digging in even further.  It's still not complete.  But I'd say about 85% of the products are now listed on it.

I still need to figure out why the color coding/bolding/other formatting is not pasting over when I post it.  It's nicely formatted on the spreadsheet but the chart on the site looks a bit difficult to read with the up/down scrolling.

Anywho.  Hope you enjoy the work thus far.   Wink

edit:  Figured out how to adjust the coloring and formatting a bit.

Also, the title of each product will be a clickable link to take you to the image of the art.

Again, give me some time to further bulid this out.  But this is a good head start I figure!
ThatRandomDude
Copper Member

Activity: 149
Merit: 15

Thales knew

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 04:35:31 PM

Maybe for the very limited items you might want to check https://verisart.com/. Iirc Cryptograffiti and some others used it some times, not sure if it's worthy, but I can see some value of a digital verifiable certificate which everyone can verify.

Fattcatt (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 04:58:40 PM

By "it still need a lot added to it," you mean, when it was offered- a full date and the retail price's in both fiat and BTC, at that time, correct? This goes a long way in establishing value, chain of offerings, and authenticity. Maybe write something about the #1 prints were stamped with (picture) your official stamp. Others had a certificate (picture). What was used to sign certain items would also go a long way for authentication purposes. Maybe put an example or two of the signature and in the different colors....that sort of thing.  Smiley  You're off to a good start Frank, keep the momentum going.

Alright I started digging into it a little bit.  Smiley

Check the update on this page, you'll see the list has started at the top of the page:

This same list will also be available as a downloadable excel sheet which is color coded and a bit easier to read.  Cool
frankbitcoin

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 06:48:03 PM

By "it still need a lot added to it," you mean, when it was offered- a full date and the retail price's in both fiat and BTC, at that time, correct? This goes a long way in establishing value, chain of offerings, and authenticity. Maybe write something about the #1 prints were stamped with (picture) your official stamp. Others had a certificate (picture). What was used to sign certain items would also go a long way for authentication purposes. Maybe put an example or two of the signature and in the different colors....that sort of thing.  Smiley  You're off to a good start Frank, keep the momentum going.

Alright I started digging into it a little bit.  Smiley

This same list will also be available as a downloadable excel sheet which is color coded and a bit easier to read.  Cool

If I reveal too much then someone could use those details to try to mimic a piece if they chose to do so.  Best to save that in the event anything like that ever occured.  "Nope, didn't use the right marker color, etc."  But I doubt that would ever happen, anyways.  We never release file sizes larger than 1000x800 megapixels.  The best someone could do is an 8x10 or card-sized piece of art.  They wouldn't be able to replicate our size offerings without heavy distortion and pixelation.

I did think about listing original retail prices.  But I cant figure out where to put it all within the chart, as there's prints, metallic prints, metal panels, canvases, etc.  Seems like it'll be all over the place.
frankbitcoin

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 06:57:57 PM

Maybe for the very limited items you might want to check https://verisart.com/. Iirc Cryptograffiti and some others used it some times, not sure if it's worthy, but I can see some value of a digital verifiable certificate which everyone can verify.

Fun idea for sure
Fattcatt (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 08:38:32 PM

Make each item height taller, that way the prices can go on the bottom.  Smiley It's do-able.
frankbitcoin

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 12:25:04 AM

Make each item height taller, that way the prices can go on the bottom.  Smiley It's do-able.

Indeed.  Will have to add it into excel, reformat, copy/paste it back to the website, then go back through and change all of the links and coloring again.

Lots of work lol.  But as I said give me a few months.  I'm slowly adding to it.  Added some more info on it today including signature information (below the chart).  Also added more images.
Fattcatt (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 04:20:34 PM

It is work. This will enhance your reputation as a fine art dealer. I would think it would be a labor of love. It's what you do after all. And it brings everyone that owns your art, peace of mind. We don't care if it takes 5, 10, or 20 pages to cover everything.....as long as it's conclusive.  Smiley

Fattcatt (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 02:46:03 PM

Doesn't look like anythings been updated in over a week....Huh  Cry
frankbitcoin

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 05:16:20 PM

Doesn't look like anythings been updated in over a week....Huh  Cry

I originally said give me a few months  Huh

I'll finish it up over the next 8-10 weeks.
ThatRandomDude
Copper Member

Activity: 149
Merit: 15

Thales knew

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 07:43:20 PM

Albeit your case is not exactly the same to coin minting, I like Bobby Lee's post on their (BTCC) works.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4392509 is a great template.

This kind of clarity/transparency I'm sure will be greatly appreciated.

frankbitcoin

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 07:47:26 PM

Albeit your case is not exactly the same to coin minting, I like Bobby Lee's post on their (BTCC) works.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4392509 is a great template.

This kind of clarity/transparency I'm sure will be greatly appreciated.

Completely agreed
frankbitcoin

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 09:46:31 PM

Phew!

Alright, FattCatt, go take a gander at the new list  Cheesy

I removed the chart - it was entirely too confusing to read and reference the specific mediums; especially when you get towards the middle of the list, scrolling back up to make sure you're in the right column was a headache.

So now it's listed individually under each specific product.  It's also updated with release years.

All product images have been added - you can click the product title and it'll take you to an image of the product.

This list is about 95% complete; there's still 6 or 7 products I don't have listed yet.  This also does not include currently-available products and only lists ones that were previously offered and sold out.
Fattcatt (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:57:02 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2019, 04:13:21 AM by Fattcatt

Hi Frank!
     I will say this, I like it a lot better than the last way that you had it set up. I think you're on your way. It would be extremely nice if you could put the dates that each were offered, Chronologically. That's pretty important, having them in order. It's going to be very impressive when you're done. Keep at it, if you have some holes, just ask us....maybe we can help with dates and such.

On the Moon was the 2nd or 3rd offering, it was offered on October 27th, 2017...there's pricing too, except the "Private Issue's"...which btw, you failed to mention in your post on your site. I have some #1's, Private Issue, you need to acknowledge that they were sold too at a significant additional premium.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2282592.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2322566.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353423.0

The Bitcoin Astronaute also, was the very First Astronaut that you did I believe. It should be up there around Blast off. You did the Casacsius one, then the sketch one,....must get organized there Frank.  Smiley  I hope that I'm helping....the truth is out there...

Fattcatt (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 04:16:04 AM

These are not in order...but it should help you some....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2439874.0

Here's my 1 of 1

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3229969.0
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:42:18 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2019, 07:21:54 AM by bitebits

Satoshi Whitepaper Typography

Year of Release:  2017

Metal Panel: Limited to - 11

Good initiative, thanks!
I believe you sold another batch of these but with a metal background. I noticed Trace Mayer has one of those:

https://www.proofofkeys.com

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: