Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead coins...  (Read 1178 times)
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:03:31 AM

What makes a coin dead? I would say when it has no active nodes, no trading volume and no development, in that order. Anyone have a different definition?
My second question, why does CMC still list these coins!?!?!?

if the team or idea is crap, the altcoin that were issued for that team will become a shitcoin sooner or later. there are so many groups that just starts an ico to collect money and scam people...

turn the page

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:12:34 AM

Because of the deep decline in the market, many coins and tokens are no longer able to survive in terms of price. they experienced a considerable decline and many even died because they did not have buy orders. and finally the project died
fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:33:50 AM

A coin is dead when there is no volume or theres no one trading it, and if the team abandoned the project and no sign that they will continue the project.

whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 05:16:58 PM

What makes a coin dead? I would say when it has no active nodes, no trading volume and no development, in that order. Anyone have a different definition?
The main reason is the promotion and the implementation can development of a currency will be affect a coin and made it more weaker then only the reason for most of the current let be valuable in this market and it will be almost death condition
sky_Gritzz

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 05:49:12 PM

nothing any development from developer coin can make some altcoin are dead and other point can make altcoin dead is not have trading volume in market (if already listed on exchange), maybe CMC don't know or don't have more data about the coin, as you know CMC listing much coin in their database

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
jozymens7

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 09:38:58 PM

I think what makes a coin active is through trading. If a coin has trading volume, it is seen as not dead because. This leads me to refute your point that no development isn't a factor to death of a coin. I only think if the coin is trading well on the exchanges, it will never die.

Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:41:06 PM

A coin that is only on one or two exchanges and gets delisted can dump huge. Saw this happen with coins binance delisted today.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:29:35 AM

a coin dead because there is no developments inside the coin or project my friend
and no trading activity on exchange,,
as i know cmc already remove few dead altcoins buddy
Yeah when the development is no longer visible, the user community is small, marketcaps don't move, just waiting for the time until that coin dies. most of them are small coins. almost every month there are coins that are delisted and then dead

Small coins that are worthless and will eventually be removed, I also keep dead coins that have been abandoned by the developer, this is indeed very painful but there is nothing that can be done. Only as a display and become rubbed ashes.
I think it's much better if you sell before the coin is removed from the exchange, of course you can do something for prevention.
there is no need to save or keep the small coins that will die, better sell them when you still have the chance
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:45:59 AM

No update about the project, team members and thier support not aswering questions , lack of communication between the team members and thier investors.
bangdol

Activity: 345

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:15:49 AM

No update about the project, team members and thier support not aswering questions , lack of communication between the team members and thier investors.
if there is a project like that, maybe their coins won't be on the market. even if they are already on the market and suddenly they disappear surely the coins will be discarded from their markets, because we ourselves know that now there are more exchanges, the more crypto assets, the easier they are listing in the market, but few of them are right true has good value and survives.
itasannah

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:47:15 AM

Developers may no longer be able to protect them because now investor interest has diminished. Sometimes developers deliberately leave because of course, they have other, more interesting projects to develop. The number of dead coins certainly has a negative impact. And for you before buying Altcoin it's better to check.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:10:53 PM

A coin that is only on one or two exchanges and gets delisted can dump huge. Saw this happen with coins binance delisted today.

Delisting coin from exchange affect only its price. If developers are active, coin in any moment can be listed again, or they can find other exchange. Problem is, when coin is delisted through the developer's inactivity.

trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 07:17:09 PM

I believe that when a coin has no more trading volumes and no more development (no more updates, news on social channels...), a coin can actually be considered dead.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:26:37 PM

All these are process that lead to a coin being pronounced dead, no active nodes, no trading volume and no development and the ultimate that confirm a project dead is the delisting from exchanges. I just look at the prices of the coins to be delisted on Binance their prices are getting serious dumping

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 03:10:06 AM

All these are process that lead to a coin being pronounced dead, no active nodes, no trading volume and no development and the ultimate that confirm a project dead is the delisting from exchanges. I just look at the prices of the coins to be delisted on Binance their prices are getting serious dumping
Once a coin get listed in Binance it gets hype and the price will rise, so the opposite thing is normal when it's delisted.
Bad coins are most likely to be dead in bearish times because they lack or no development so they cannot retain their investors and supporters.

Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 04:03:29 AM

There is a lot facror the cause to the coin to become dead . The developer also can cause why coin become dead because they leave the coin so the investor sell their coin because there is no one can upgrade and do something about the coin. People choice also if they want
to  become the coin as dead if they are sell their coin because if they sell all their coin it cause dumping price and final will dead.
didzi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 05:43:04 PM

as i know cryptocurrency without any trading volume and less market capitalizations in coinmarketcap site will be delisted too
and thats the truth buddy

Erik Goff

Activity: 261

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 06:27:12 PM

There are 5 points that make a coin dead.
1. the coin is not listed on Coinmarketcap.
2. no news on social sites
3. no activity in telegram group
4. delisting from exchanges
5. no progress on github

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:26:06 PM

Inactive social networks, inactive chats in telegram. Also the absence of updates and new news from the team. All this can say is that the coin is dead.

abahcoin

Activity: 657
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 06:03:46 AM

There are so many causes of coins to die, one of the main causes is from the developer, they cannot solve problems when there is a problem in the wallet. It can also happen because they sell developer coins and make the price of the coin drop dramatically, and the coin holders no longer believe in the developer,
why is CMC still listing the coin? maybe because before that the coin has entered the cmc database and the cmc database has not been updated.

●                     T H O U   F i n a n c e     || |  |   |    High APY Yields                     ●
●            ████  ███  ██  █   THOU FARM   █  ██  ███  ████            ●

●            [ UNISWAP THOU - ETH ]  Whitepaper  ●  Telegram  ●  Discord            ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: