Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:13:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "crypto winter" should throw cold water on lenders  (Read 263 times)
tracyspacy (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 11

BTC loans -> tinyurl.com/tracy-btc-loans

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 03:56:22 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 04:43:06 PM by tracyspacy

It seems Bitcoin price drop caused lower personal valuation of bitcointalk accounts by some owners and looks like lenders realized this phenomenon a bit later.

Few recent lending examples to explain you what I mean:

grtthegreat :
- hero member preferred to lose his account for just 0.04BTC ($150): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5102198.msg49422126#msg49422126
- legendary member dropped account just for 0.05BTC ($200): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5087785.msg48904269#msg48904269

my case:
- legendary member who already repaid 2 loans before BTC price drop has defaulted 0.04BTC non-collateral loan and is not carrying about negative trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5101704.0  

shasan:
- hero member defaulted 0.03BTC ($100) non-collateral loan and ruined his trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030169.msg48734465#msg48734465

At the same time let's see few accounts offers examples:

- Legendary account for 0.015 BTC
No negative feedback - Never requested loans - Never banned.
Position - Legendary
Posts - 1119
Activity - 1119
Merit - 1018
Trust - Green trust
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5091528.0

- Legendary account for $150
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5094226.0

- Hero account for 0.01BTC
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5096756.0

- Full member accounts from $50 to $130
https://www.playerup.com/accounts/bitcointalkaccount/?order=price

So as a conclusion, I propose to consider current accounts valuation drop while accepting non-collateral or account pledged loans.
Therefore loanable amounts for such loans should be lower than acceptable "exit price" for hero/legendary members. My current estimate is: up to $50 for legendary and $30 for hero members. Another question are such loans make sense for both parties Smiley

P.S. Im not going to blame all legendary/ hero member because of few black sheeps and won't break existing trust based relationships on lending section Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VINSIN

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 04:15:28 PM

No, it's not true. Those who dump the price so much are just scammers. A sr. stays arround 120 to 180$ right now, tho is a drop from 500$ last year.

karenm buyercodes whatever are both scammers so no point in discussing what prices they post.

tho it's a way bigger headache to sell the accounts than it was a few months ago, and it is not because of the fall of btc price.

It is because of the ico scams and useless bounties users have been through in the last half of the last year

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
tracyspacy (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 03:39:52 PM

No, it's not true. Those who dump the price so much are just scammers. A sr. stays arround 120 to 180$ right now, tho is a drop from 500$ last year.

karenm buyercodes whatever are both scammers so no point in discussing what prices they post.

tho it's a way bigger headache to sell the accounts than it was a few months ago, and it is not because of the fall of btc price.

It is because of the ico scams and useless bounties users have been through in the last half of the last year

thats what I'm talking about, take a loan and default it looks like the easiest and quickest exit strategy right now. There is no headache about whom, how and where to sell etc etc.

as for accounts price estimation, i'm talking about my estimation based on my experience and cases I know. The main point is current negative trend we as lenders should take into account. 

VINSIN

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 03:41:11 PM

When I am saying scammers, I mean users that won't be ever send you the account after you paid for it.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16581

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 04:11:48 PM

Position - Legendary
Posts - 1119
Activity - 1119
Merit - 1018
Trust - Green trust

I'm with VINSIN on this one: they could be scammers trying to steal an easy 0.015BTC/$150, without having access to the account.

So as a conclusion, I propose to consider current accounts valuation drop while accepting non-collateral or account pledged loans.
Therefore loanable amounts for such loans should be lower than acceptable "exit price" for hero/legendary members. My current estimate is: up to $50 for legendary and $30 for hero members. Another question are such loans make sense for both parties Smiley
I like to think I would instantly get a $200 loan, no questions asked, if I ever apply for it (but I would never give my account as collateral!). There's a huge difference in trusting an active account, or trusting someone who has (many) farmed Legendary accounts with only a few posts in the past months.

tracyspacy (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 04:53:12 PM

Position - Legendary
Posts - 1119
Activity - 1119
Merit - 1018
Trust - Green trust

I'm with VINSIN on this one: they could be scammers trying to steal an easy 0.015BTC/$150, without having access to the account.

I like to think I would instantly get a $200 loan, no questions asked, if I ever apply for it (but I would never give my account as collateral!). There's a huge difference in trusting an active account, or trusting someone who has (many) farmed Legendary accounts with only a few posts in the past months.

unfortunately it happens, users with high-ranked accounts prefer to lose their trust and make their accounts worthless just to not repay $150 loans (based on my case it were non-collateral loans to legendary/hero members).

so, will say it once again, not repaying loans looks like easiest way to leave bitcointalk forum with profit and minimum efforts/risk (they even shouldnt sell account just drop it and go) Smiley

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 07:15:41 PM

My question is: Why take accounts as collateral in the first place? That disturbs the harmony in the forum and it's not safe for the lender. Your evaluation is merely a fact, I wouldn't sell my legendary account even for 1 BTC because it's not the rank or the trust, it's the dedication you have to reach till here. People willing to put their accounts as collaterals are not serious about their accounts.
OneCallAway

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 04:09:44 AM

Those seller of account through a thread are probably scam. Never Deal.

Im agree with 'Loyce'. Since people has interested to these forum for chance's getting bounty program. Then price or worth an account be expensive, because of demand.

Those who havee been selling of account or defaulted through lending are have no care for forums,less contribution,never love crypto.

Holding an account as collateral, is not entirely wrong, because borrower(lender)can sell the account(sold), if it fails in agreement or deals. (Recovery)

But next question... How possible account defaulted could be sell in safe way?

So for those who have or does a service lending, be consider to accepting 'account' as collateral.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: