Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:19:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bitcoin Movie “Crypto” Shows Hollywood’s Total Misguidedness  (Read 345 times)
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 03:45:06 PM

It's another action movie, and it's not a movie about bitcoin or cryptocurrency. The movie was talking about the criminal, but they use bitcoin and show the word "bitcoin." I wonder what will people thinking about the movie because I don't want to see people will say that "Ah, bitcoin is only for the illegal thing and it's not good to used for us."
But maybe I am wrong, and I will try to watch the movie later. I hope that the movie is good enough as another action movie.

So what is it about? It's a movie called crypto where people are laundering money with cryptocurrency, but we can call it an action movie about some guys trying to shoot one another and have sex with pretty ladies. There's no need to mention Bitcoin at all.
A movie is based on a script and this script was written by Ansel Faraj, who isn't a very well known or popular writer. Based on his work, I'd say he's a mediocre writer of short films and is desperately trying to go big. What's the easiest way to do it? Be controversial. He's trying to defame crypto because it will make people talk about it, like it's this plague of the 21st century, much like hackers and viruses were the thing of the 90s, and the aliens were a thing of the 80s.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 03:49:46 PM

dont worry guys it already seems to be a flop.
even with a few notable big name actors its already being held back to just a few selected theatres on its release date.. so it looks like those that got advance viewing to designate if its worthy of big box office promotion think it doesnt deserve it

It would always be a flop and will not generate any attention because it was just created to seek cheap attention I think projects like this should be discarded
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 04:01:21 PM

What did you guys expect from a hollywood movie?
There must be some action. In case with bitcoin it will be obviously money laundring, drugs, guns, now in US they may  add some right-wing activists and call them neo nazis etc. Every single thing that might make an action movie interesting would be harmful for Bitcoin.
Need to see the truth? Go watch some documentaries.
I know that this movie is shit even before I watch it.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 04:09:50 PM

Hollywood has never been a good researcher. They might have produced great artists and even films but they sadly fall short in making sure tiny yet vital details are preserved. Most especially when films are inspired by real events or true to life stories or historical in nature, tiny details are often left unattended to. Well, at the very least they have been made aware of the crypto rise. They will learn more of it as crypto takes the mainstream path.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 04:54:11 PM

Just more hollywood garbage that is trying to capitalize off the latest trend.  This will be filled with so much negative propaganda and straight out lies about crypto.  Do yourself a favor and do not go see this movie and don't even speak about it to others.  We need to boycott this trash.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 06:10:22 PM

Have watched the Russian mafia thriller the movie sound dope with it constant promotion of digital currency and bitcoin, hoping to be able to watch the full movie very soon.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 06:21:45 PM

"Hollywood’s never been a bastion for nuanced thought.

The need to push clickbait narratives and to find the edgiest ways to culturally introduce and explain the world in which we live, often means that while movie producers are thrilled with high box office revenues, society ultimately suffers from the inaccuracies that are portrayed at truths...."

https://stadivm.com/blog/crypto-movie-hollywood-misguidedness/

misguidedness actually doesnt exist,

hollywood is a gimmick of the usd central bank, thats all.

it makes movies according to what the federal reserve wants.

you call it misguided is actually false, its FED controlled,

or FEDGUIDED, what would be the neutral and perfect interpretation?

i dont know

regards

libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 03:36:48 AM

I just watched the trailer, it looks like every other action movie trailer, I can't really see the big fuss some people are trying to make out of this movie, most people who don't hold crypto think, its used for some kind of criminal activity, the movie company are here to make money, so they are making a movie they think people will watch.
I'm looking forward to watching this crypto movie.

Yep, it's a typical plot, they just made that money laundering around crypto and now 'hero' is trying to solve it.

Movies are watched by masses and I don't think this trailer anything showed anything positive about it, so certainly it would bring negative impression.

to be fair we can not deny the fact that a lot of illegal activities have been happening specially ever since altcoin market started growing bigger and a lot of shady stuff have been going on in  exchanges. we all already know that. for example 2017 was a great example of how much scams can easily happen in altcoin market as billions of dollars changed hand in the name of ICO and a big percentage of them were laundering money while disguising it as raising funds for a crypto project!!!

Yes I agree, it's easier to launder money into crypto but it has it has pros too. Regarding that last point, now there are regulations at place to avoid that.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███