Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:32:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rewarding bounty hunters with EQUITY SHARES instead of tokens  (Read 564 times)
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 03:18:15 AM

Yes this sounds very good and in favor for all bounty hunters. I also think that stakes or equity shares is better to have rather than tokens per week. Because it can be distributed equally and favorable for all.
debby070
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 03:49:07 AM

An interesting evolution:

Looks like the DataBlockChain/DBC.io project had some issues with their 2 bounty campaigns. It made them decide to change the initial campaign project, which was "the usual" token payment. They have decided now to reward bounty hunters with equity shares instead of tokens.

This means you have to fill out KYC, send a copy of your selfie with ID and even fill-out a tax form (!!).

I am not sure what to think of this evolution. Could this be a new step in bounty campaign rewards? What about user's privacy protection?

Also, these guys are really dancing on the limits of legality. If you're promising people to pay them tokens, you can't just go ahead and change the rules along the way. Even the most radical of libertarians or anarchists will agree that the principle of "pacta sunt servanda" is the basics of any system or society.

I am quite confused how equity shares instead of tokens will work in paying out bounty hunters? I guess it is still efficient to pay their own created tokens instead of this new kind of payment.

maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 04:47:56 AM

-snip-

I hated KYC with usual bounties and now it can become a new standard. I hope it won't happen. I don't like to share my personal data with strangers so I won't participate in this kind of bounties.

I also hate KYC thing. Thus i am in favor for just a token rewards. Sharing personal infos are unsafe at all. But we can't deny the fact that the new equity shares tactics for bounty programs is pretty good than tokens. And other members are also open for KYC unlike me.
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 02:51:00 PM

Looks like the DataBlockChain/DBC.io project had some issues with their 2 bounty campaigns. It made them decide to change the initial campaign project, which was "the usual" token payment. They have decided now to reward bounty hunters with equity shares instead of tokens.

This means you have to fill out KYC, send a copy of your selfie with ID and even fill-out a tax form (!!).

I am not sure what to think of this evolution. Could this be a new step in bounty campaign rewards? What about user's privacy protection?

Also, these guys are really dancing on the limits of legality. If you're promising people to pay them tokens, you can't just go ahead and change the rules along the way. Even the most radical of libertarians or anarchists will agree that the principle of "pacta sunt servanda" is the basics of any system or society.

What if they deliberately doing that so they can reduce the payment to the hunters by not paying who failed to submit KYC ?
They should announce at the very beginning of the campaign that hunters required to doing KYC to get the reward.
Offering share of company instead token is a good option, but i think the hunters will having difficult to sell the shares later.

Ifychuks
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:46:42 PM

Hahahaha.. Bounty hunters are really seeing hell these days. I participated in that bounty, when I saw that change of rule, I took it as one of those things because it's becoming the trend now. It's just so unfair and I wish hunters can come together to curb such treatments.
premiumproductss

Activity: 560
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:58:08 PM

I am not confident with the campaign. They didn´t provide updated spreadsheet, nobody knows how much has earned, but everyone was pushed into KYC. For me it seems fishy.

spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:01:09 PM

Sooner or later no one will participate in bounties and without marketing ICO will be history. This is collecting all private information including bitcointalk profile, telegram, phone number, email and that is not needed for kyc. Some projects looks like government is behind them and they want to collect everything for tax purposes.

Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:51:24 PM

I don't think I am comfortable with this. They should have spelt out the equity shares payment from the start of the campaign. They may end up not rewarding some people at the end.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
CryptoKush

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:54:52 PM

That sounds very interesting. If the project is successful, then I think that the bounty hunters will get a good profit. It will be good if in the future there will be more such bounty campaigns.
Binauf
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:58:36 PM

I find it funny to want to give out so much information to a coin that hasn't been listed on an exchange and not to talk of the value at the end of the day. This is the first time it's happening to the best of my knowledge but I am definitely not comfortable with it.

Solarex ICO         Powering African Project         Solarex ICO     
Disruptive, Decentralised and Democratised  Solar Energy Ecosystem
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:00:36 PM

Sooner or later no one will participate in bounties and without marketing ICO will be history. This is collecting all private information including bitcointalk profile, telegram, phone number, email and that is not needed for kyc. Some projects looks like government is behind them and they want to collect everything for tax purposes.

They are killing the purpose of ICO and i think, its not easy to change this program. a lot bounty hunters wants to receive the money they work for so i think changing it to equity is not good. They are collecting our informations for some black reason, but I don’t think government will too desperate to get our information I think some private groups behind this one.
MasterCATZ

Activity: 426
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:16:53 PM

It is unfair to change the rules at the end of the campaign, especially in such important details as personal data and documents, such essential changes should be warned in advance, this shows respect for the work of the bounty hunters.
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:22:37 PM

If that is their last resort and it is genuine, I think not is a good step ahead. Some projects are now finding ways to comply with regulation. Most especially as related to their jurisdiction.
I was also aware of the changes made by DataBlockChain. I participated in their campaign, but I got a little reward, which makes me not to be interested in sending my details for such peanut
friends1980 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 07:07:49 PM

For those of you who are still interested, I decided not to accept their offer, as considered and already mentioned above, meaning I lose the bounty (although I worked for it...).

I will however continue to follow up to see where this is going. Applications have been closed for a few weeks now and I am quite curious to see if and when and also HOW the equity shares will be distributed. If they deliver the way they promised, I will be the first to admit it is a very impressive step but it has yet to be seen...

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 07:20:29 PM

I prefer the old way of earning with bounty projects too than accepting the offer of new projects that want to pay in equity shares to bounty hunters. There is no regulation in many ICOs and these unregulated conditions let the project management to pay however they prefer to bounty hunters.
friends1980 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 07:29:22 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2019, 08:40:48 AM by friends1980

I prefer the old way of earning with bounty projects too than accepting the offer of new projects that want to pay in equity shares to bounty hunters. There is no regulation in many ICOs and these unregulated conditions let the project management to pay however they prefer to bounty hunters.

I think in the end it will all depend on how seriously they are taking their bounty/equity policy and how and if bounty hunters will be paid correctly as promised. Which is exactly why I will try and keep following where this one is going and keep you posted.

Cheers guys.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
D1jay
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 07:44:43 PM

if the equity shares will worth something then i don't see anything wrong in getting paid through this means neither do i see the big deal for requesting kyc to claim your reward, besides it is a matter of choice, hunters can decide to go through kyc or not, it is up to them.
also i do feel this method will definitely curtail the usual dumping attitude of bounty hunters immediately they receive their payment, if you are not paid in tokens then there won't be any dumping Grin

lornadane

Activity: 529

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 08:44:16 PM

Actually, it wasn't their plan when they started the DBC token sale, I asked them in PM, one of the Datablockchain admins replied me that DBC ICO raised over 25 Million USD but they will not come in the exchange, the team changed their minds but still, they will be working based on blockchain technology. Many projects ignored bounty distribution when they launch new things like Tokenpay bounty. But datablockchain is very honest here, they are giving DBC shares as a bounty reward. I was feeling bad so I expressed that to an admin, he replied you should be happier because DBC share will be backed by the big partners.
beeelzebub

Activity: 602

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2019, 08:48:04 PM

I wonder if this legit or they are trying to steal identities.

If legit, they are choosing a higher road, we never see any other bounties before.

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 08:52:15 PM

I wonder if this legit or they are trying to steal identities.

If legit, they are choosing a higher road, we never see any other bounties before.
This is too good to be true right now, since if they give equity shares instead of bounties then how they can liquidate that and who will be the on to buy that equities. I still see that giving some part of your coins are more ideal than to make bounties as part of the company, it will be hard for a hunter if they don’t understand a system like this.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: