Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:15:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OpenWeb Network | Web 3.0 is HERE | Fully Decentralised Web  (Read 676 times)
openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:46:54 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2019, 01:55:27 PM by openwebnetwork

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:55:55 AM

Discord Channel will be started soon.

In the meanwhile, Check out our Chrome extension as the decentralised version of our website is LIVE now!

OpenWeb Website - http://openweb.ow/
Chrome Extension - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/openweb-network/jckfgecbohafgdoebmdbpeaoibkbaklc
openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:58:22 AM

Great idea, decentralized websites are really needed!

They certainly are!
MeAtBicointalkSince2018

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 03:02:11 PM

is this the next money grab?
Next generation internet .... lol

check Holochain or Elastos.
MeAtBicointalkSince2018

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 03:12:08 PM

team info on website missing
Sathoshi or Grin-style?
lol
openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 03:30:39 PM

is this the next money grab?
Next generation internet .... lol

check Holochain or Elastos.

Not another money grab. We are not doing an ICO and are launching tokens directly on the exchange and that too after launching our network. So, if anyone wishes to use the network can buy the coins they need and use it.

We have also checked the other other projects you mentioned and they are focussed on decentralised applications while OpenWeb Network is a decentralised ecosystem for running decentralised websites and rewarding hosts in the native tokens.

Try out our network and we are sure that you will love what we are doing.
openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 02:22:51 PM

We are now listed on State of the Dapps.

Powered by #Ethereum #SmartContracts, OpenWeb Network is changing the way we host and consume content on the internet

https://www.stateofthedapps.com/dapps/openweb-network
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 02:37:59 PM

I wanna register a domain and hide my identity, can you do this in your network, by hiding my identity means using a different name not just buying the ICAN, is this possible in your network? 

Very interesting that there are already two projects that I've seen today not doing ICO but sells their token to the community.

openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 03:10:59 PM

I wanna register a domain and hide my identity, can you do this in your network, by hiding my identity means using a different name not just buying the ICAN, is this possible in your network? 

Very interesting that there are already two projects that I've seen today not doing ICO but sells their token to the community.

We are not using existing central DNS system, User just need to provide domain name and TTL (time to live) to register domain on OpenWeb Network. Domain will be register and propagate using smart contract which is completely decentralised.

So you can register domain (.ow) without revealing your identity.
openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 03:39:21 PM

OpenWeb Network is now listed on dapp.com

https://www.dapp.com/dapp/openweb-network
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 03:50:22 PM

hello I am a web developer. Your ICO looks interesting because I buy and host my clients from different hosting and register a lot of different domain name for them. May I know if this is an ICO or just a webhosting firm that sells services and accept crypto currencies? Sorry for my stupid question. Hope to hear from you guys! Thank you! Smiley
openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 04:25:00 PM

hello I am a web developer. Your ICO looks interesting because I buy and host my clients from different hosting and register a lot of different domain name for them. May I know if this is an ICO or just a webhosting firm that sells services and accept crypto currencies? Sorry for my stupid question. Hope to hear from you guys! Thank you! Smiley

We are not doing an ICO, just launched our network and will make tokens available in the market for anyone who is looking to use the network. OpenWeb Network is not a standard domain registration and hosting service that accepts crypto; but this is a decentralised network which allows peer to peer hosting and the domains registration in this network is handled by decentralised Ethereum smart contracts.
MeAtBicointalkSince2018

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 07:57:04 PM

Not another money grab. We are not doing an ICO and are launching tokens directly on the exchange and that too after launching our network. So, if anyone wishes to use the network can buy the coins they need and use it.

We have also checked the other other projects you mentioned and they are focussed on decentralised applications while OpenWeb Network is a decentralised ecosystem for running decentralised websites and rewarding hosts in the native tokens.

sorry for my harsh words but i'm getting aggresive after that lot of shit projects 2018
I do not believe you will gain demand and usage so this most probably will be a money grab, even after exchange listing
without DNS, lol? you run you own kind of dns via static ip addresses? if so: wtf!

major red flag: no information about team
yeah I know coins like grin do that the same way but thats another league

ppl must be warned to be highly suspective!
openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 08:42:55 PM

sorry for my harsh words but i'm getting aggresive after that lot of shit projects 2018
I do not believe you will gain demand and usage so this most probably will be a money grab, even after exchange listing
without DNS, lol? you run you own kind of dns via static ip addresses? if so: wtf!

major red flag: no information about team
yeah I know coins like grin do that the same way but thats another league

ppl must be warned to be highly suspective!

We understand your suspicion over new projects but you need to understand the difference between which projects are classified as money grab and which aren't. There is no public offering for the token and we have not raised millions of $$$s from the people with promises to deliver a project in the future. We raised the funds we needed to build this technology and are making the tokens available at highly affordable price, that too after building the complete tech stack and launching the mainnet for the project.

Coming to the team not displayed on the website, it is actually done to ensure the project is gauged on it's merits not the people. Associating people to the project results in the tokens being manipulated by mere opinions of the people driving the project. What we intend to do is keep enhancing the project and build more services around it and deliver it to the community and even allow community members to contribute to the ecosystem as everything is open source.

Also, We are not running a central DNS, the domains are registered on Smart contracts(Check out our github to see how it works). Check out our latest tweet on the workflow for this - https://twitter.com/openweb_network/status/1090632446419312641. This is a network which enables anyone to become host in the network and allows peer to peer transfer of website data(hosted by hosts). Our browser extension(already launched) checks for the availability of the hosts registered on the smart contract and uses our routing protocol to identify available hosts in the network. This facilitates users to identify the available hosts to fetch the website.

Before you make up your mind about the system, we recommend you to check this out in detail. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask them.
openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:40:54 AM

We have another exciting news to share with our community, OpenWeb Network is now listed on DappRadar. This will bring more visibility for our network.

Check us out on DappRadar https://dappradar.com/app/1419/openweb-network
openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 01:01:08 PM

Workflow to renew domain in OpenWeb Network.

https://twitter.com/openweb_network/status/1091319602452283392

openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 01:49:35 PM

Register Domain (.ow) in OpenWeb Network https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTlF2riQ_4U
MeAtBicointalkSince2018

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:39:06 AM

Before you make up your mind about the system, we recommend you to check this out in detail. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask them.

to be honest, I didn't research for your project and only read this announcement. There are some factors that can be understood as red flags.
But after what you've written now, it sounds a little different.
DNS about SmartContracts sounds interesting. I wonder how updates are made, but that's certainly been taken into account.

Maybe my skepticism wasn't justified, although skepticism is always advisable in Crypto.
I wish you much success!
openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:38:03 PM

to be honest, I didn't research for your project and only read this announcement. There are some factors that can be understood as red flags.
But after what you've written now, it sounds a little different.
DNS about SmartContracts sounds interesting. I wonder how updates are made, but that's certainly been taken into account.

Maybe my skepticism wasn't justified, although skepticism is always advisable in Crypto.
I wish you much success!

Some skepticism is not bad in the crypto industry as it allows legitimate projects to demonstrate their worth.
All the functions related to the protocol are already live and are documented in our Whitepaper which will be published tomorrow. We will share the link to that in this thread as well. Feel free to ask if you have any questions, happy to answer them Smiley
openwebnetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 11:32:15 AM

From multi-blockchain #RPG to all-in-one #cryptocurrency wallet, check out this week's selected new dapps and keep up with the dapp market.

https://www.dapp.com/article/new-dapps-of-the-week-february-4-2019
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: