Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:25:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After all that happened, if Dorian really is Satoshi...  (Read 1949 times)
freequant (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:07:47 AM

After all that happened, if Dorian really is Satoshi... not only is he a mathematical genius but also an amazing social engineer and mass psychologist.

Hiding in plain sight was already very bold, but hiding in the middle of a huge media storm is pure genius. It requires a perfect mastery of information asymmetry to bait a journalist into outing him while at the same time suggesting to the rest of the world that the journalist is just plain nuts and he is an innocent victim.

From a game theory stand point, this is also a master move: from now on Dorian is in a blind spot, at the same time so
grotesquely obvious and yet entirely beyond suspicion, protected from future attacks by a huge taboo that no journalist or public figure in their right mind will dare to challenge any further as this would be perceived by the whole world as vain pushing of open doors and relentless bullying of a poor sick innocent old man, which would amount to immediate career suicide. Even three letter agencies are stuck: they probably knew who Satoshi is, but now they can't act on him anymore without taking the risk of creating a martyr and spawning at the same time a powerful and well funded dissident movement.

What better way for a cryptographer to take credit for his invention than in a plausibly deniable way?

If Dorian really is Satoshi, he must be having a good laugh at the state of total confusion in which he has put the whole web and the defacto immunity he has derived from it.
He even managed to crack a practical geek joke right in front of the camera and prove that there is indeed such a thing as a free lunch, while keeping the illusion of a poor old guy craving for sushi he can't afford normally. Brilliant!

Is Dorian a real life version of the Mule?
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:19:33 AM

If Dorian really is Satoshi, he must be having a good laugh at the state of total confusion in which he has put the whole web and the defacto immunity he has derived from it.

I could see his cynic laughs.
ning

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:54:46 AM

I wish he wasn't Satoshi.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 08:28:37 AM

After all that happened, if Dorian really is Satoshi... not only is he a mathematical genius but also an amazing social engineer and mass psychologist.

Hiding in plain sight was already very bold, but hiding in the middle of a huge media storm is pure genius. It requires a perfect mastery of information asymmetry to bait a journalist into outing him while at the same time suggesting to the rest of the world that the journalist is just plain nuts and he is an innocent victim.

From a game theory stand point, this is also a master move: from now on Dorian is in a blind spot, at the same time so
grotesquely obvious and yet entirely beyond suspicion, protected from future attacks by a huge taboo that no journalist or public figure in their right mind will dare to challenge any further as this would be perceived by the whole world as vain pushing of open doors and relentless bullying of a poor sick innocent old man, which would amount to immediate career suicide. Even three letter agencies are stuck: they probably knew who Satoshi is, but now they can't act on him anymore without taking the risk of creating a martyr and spawning at the same time a powerful and well funded dissident movement.

What better way for a cryptographer to take credit for his invention than in a plausibly deniable way?

He even managed to crack a practical geek joke right in front of the camera and prove that there is indeed such a thing as a free lunch, while keeping the illusion of a poor old guy craving for sushi he can't afford normally. Brilliant!

Is Dorian a real life version of the Mule?

The first link with all them Japanese reporters, I had to sit through 15 seconds of a CSX commercial. How the hell did you pull that off?

I forgotten all about The Mule in Asimov's book, probably one of the first sci-fi books I've ever read, of which made me an immediate fan of IA. In fact, I discovered Martin Gardner very shortly thereafter, wanting more of the same.
freequant (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:25:59 AM

The first link with all them Japanese reporters, I had to sit through 15 seconds of a CSX commercial. How the hell did you pull that off?
Actually, did you notice that something very strange happens in this video: Dorian is chased by reporters, among which some are Japanese and talking to him in Japanese. Dorian ignores all questions both english and japanese. At the end of the video, the female Japanese reporter gives it a last try this time stating explicitely in Japanese that if he prefers, they can have a discussion in Japanese. And Dorian answers to her ... in Russian! (or some east european language that looks vaguely like a variation of the german "Ich bin nicht interessiert" / "I'm not interested". Actually if someone can translate the exact sentence and confirm what the language is.. ) 

While that may seem like simple tongue-in-cheek humor (which is already relatively impressive coming from an old unprepared man stormed by journalists over a matter he allegedly doesn't even understand), it really shows something much more subtle: the Japanese reporters were obviously trying to take advantage of an information asymmetry, namely the fact that they share a language with Dorian that other reporters don't, to ask for a preferential treatment. Dorian ignored these attempts nicely, but when the female reporter finally jumped the gun and made her intent of using this asymmetry explicit, he played her game too and answered in a language other reporters wouldn't understand, but unfortunately one that she too probably could not understand.

If anything, what this shows is that Dorian is a very intelligent man with a lot of humor and good repartee, who seems to understand and control well the situation, and even allows himself to toy with the journalist by cathing them at their own trap.
It is also suprising he is speaking some east european language.
gollum

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:32:48 AM

If Dorian really is Satoshi I don't believe he is alone.
He was probably the project leader, and the brain behind bitcoin, but not the only person.
The bitcoin project was funded by NSA so that's why he can't talk about it.
freequant (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:43:17 AM

This video of Dorian receiving his free lunch (from 00:45) is simply epic. If you look at it with the assumption that in fact Dorian really is Satoshi playing the fool, this sushi sequence is probably one of the finest piece of pwnage in history. And if Dorian isn't Satoshi, well I'm glad he is having a good time through all that mess.
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:14:22 PM

i love the part " i never communicated with bitcoins"
Zimbabwecoin

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:47:00 PM

My theory is... Nakamoto family Bated Leah Goodman - she is the real victim here.

When Newsweek dummy Leah Goodman started harassing the Nakamoto family they knew it was not true. But, they decided to give her bits of information that would lead her to think it was true.

Arthur telling her that Dorian is so much smarter and that he would never admit it were just done to bait her and his part in the process was the most important.

After that things spiraled out of control...

Planning to launch Zimbabwecoin in the future. Focused on building a community around it now.
Zimbabwecoin

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:53:17 PM

Part 2 of my theory:

The real Satoshi Nakamoto chose the name because he knew that it would lead to Dorian Nakamoto who had changed his name 40 years earlier

Real Satoshi knew that Dorian Nakamoto having worked on secret projects would not talk about his past.

Real Satoshi knew that Dorian Nakamoto would be the perfect fall guy because only idiots in the media would believe Dorian S. Nakamoto to be the real Satoshi. Further, Real Satoshi knew that techies would know that Dorian Nakamoto was not the real Satoshi.

The reason for this entire plan was so that the unsuspecting media would do something so stupid as have a cover story proclaiming Dorian Nakamoto as the Real Satoshi. This would cause so much backlash that NO real journalist would want to propose a new theory about who is the Real Satoshi thus preserving the secret identity of Real Satoshi.

Planning to launch Zimbabwecoin in the future. Focused on building a community around it now.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:57:07 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 01:20:47 AM by Adrian-x

He communicated with people on a blog.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:19:41 AM

I think Dorian is autistic, he is true inventor of Bitcoin and he is not master social engineer but extremely clumsy at social settings and the "social engineering" he makes are unplanned and unintentional as he attempts to cope with the situation he is in.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:22:07 AM

Actually, did you notice that something very strange happens in this video: Dorian is chased by reporters, among which some are Japanese and talking to him in Japanese. Dorian ignores all questions both english and japanese. At the end of the video, the female Japanese reporter gives it a last try this time stating explicitely in Japanese that if he prefers, they can have a discussion in Japanese. And Dorian answers to her ... in Russian!

this shows is that Dorian is a very intelligent man with a lot of humor and good repartee, who seems to understand and control well the situation, and even allows himself to toy with the journalist by cathing them at their own trap.
It is also suprising he is speaking some east european language.

Bingo.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:39:03 AM

Satoshi has you all fooled. It's Leah.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:47:31 AM

Me too. I wonder what he did work on that he cannot talk about?

dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:52:01 AM

Wait I'm confused. Are there people on here who seriously buy this crap about him being the real Satoshi? I mean understand people who know nothing about Bitcoin and just saw the story on the news believing it but... seriously, members on this forum?
zeeshanblc

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:54:13 AM

I'm not sure if Dorian is the man who create Bitcoin. But I'm sure he is very intelligent.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:10:56 AM

Wait I'm confused. Are there people on here who seriously buy this crap about him being the real Satoshi? I mean understand people who know nothing about Bitcoin and just saw the story on the news believing it but... seriously, members on this forum?

Chance that Dorian created BTC all by himself = Near 0%
Chance that Dorian was part of a team that created BTC = 10% or higher

He wasn't "so obviously old" ~5+ years ago, and he did Gov. work that he cannot talk about.

I'm not sure if Dorian is the man who create Bitcoin. But I'm sure he is very intelligent.

BidcoinBernd

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:24:33 AM

He only fools dumb people / the media with his charade.

You can see he just pretends to be clueless.
He worked his entire career with communications, maths, programming in high profile jobs and had time to research bitcoin after being harrassed by a reporter several weeks ago.
Statements like "i never communicated with bitcoins", "bitcom, errr bitcoin!" are just too forced by him. You can tell he acts.

And Satoshi and Dorian are the only 2 persons in the world who use two spaces after the period on the internet.
(A few people still in denial will tell me everyone does this but i have never seen it once in 14 years of heavy internet usage)

I'd say 80% he just pretends to be clueless and invented bitcoin all by himself and 20% he was part of a team.

Bitcoiners are just mad and in denial because some crappy news magazine found him.
trustnobody

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:31:12 AM

I really love this comparison with the Mule, very ironique
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: