Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:35:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $1.7 billion in Bitcoin stolen  (Read 729 times)
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:04:51 AM

Since Bitcoin launched more than $1.7 billion worth of Bitcoin has been stolen by hackers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5iCx8cY6l4&feature=youtu.be
I did not know it's that small, I think with a lot of hacks happening int he past, it could be over that value.

Looking bad but that's what happen since we are still new and we keep developing, what's important is that hack has reduced as crypto continued to exist.
Nowadays, people already know that exchange are vulnerable to hacks, so they're smarter to store their money in hard wallet and avoid storing it in exchange for longer period. This is just part of the history, and it brings a lot of leanings to us.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
boyptc

Activity: 3024
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:42:13 AM

That's a huge amount of Money and I don't know whether it is true or not. Even if this is true, people may have a difficulty to believe this.
It's true, computing all of those hacking incidents it will result to that amount and even bigger than that.

For the past years when crypto starts to boom, there's a lot of exchanges that were hack and assuming the total amount you really can't believe if that's a real figure but you have to believe that there's big money that were hacked.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:55:27 AM

I may have been worth 1.7 billion at the time of the hackings, the dumping of these coins would significantly reduce the market value. Just look at what happened to XEM after the big hack. It dropped from 2 USD to around 0.3 USD during the dumping.

It's still a lot of money, but the gains for the hackers are probably a lot smaller.
naufals4

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 07:09:42 AM

That's a huge amount of Money and I don't know whether it is true or not. Even if this is true, people may have a difficulty to believe this.
It's true, computing all of those hacking incidents it will result to that amount and even bigger than that.

For the past years when crypto starts to boom, there's a lot of exchanges that were hack and assuming the total amount you really can't believe if that's a real figure but you have to believe that there's big money that were hacked.
i think for some investor $1.7 billion is not much cause right now bitcoin had value $60,833,048,151. so don't panic about that hacker cause in this digital world so many hacker. so for ourselves, it is more important for ourselves to save our data so that it is not hacked

Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:49:22 AM

Since Bitcoin launched more than $1.7 billion worth of Bitcoin has been stolen by hackers:

Though this is alerting but don’t forget that most of the cases involve are human errors means we are the one who is responsible for each hacking because we don’t use precautionary measure and by lack of knowledge about how properly used the internet,phishing sites and malware issues are the common reason ,if we want to prevent this then make your bitcoins more secure an safety
michellee

Activity: 2800
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:30:32 AM

Though this is alerting but don’t forget that most of the cases involve are human errors means we are the one who is responsible for each hacking because we don’t use precautionary measure and by lack of knowledge about how properly used the internet,phishing sites and malware issues are the common reason ,if we want to prevent this then make your bitcoins more secure an safety

So once again, we need to be careful to save the coins in the exchange or another wallet because we are the owner and we need to give attention about this if we don't want to lose the coins. And if we can secure every wallet or account in the exchange, we do not have to worry from the hacker unless the exchange has a problem with their security. So far, we might see that it's happening in many exchanges and maybe they do not always check their security and searching for a hole or bug so the hacker can penetrate to the database.

kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 09:16:40 AM

yes, recently we saw the news about hackers, about people that hack the exchanger or hacking the wallet apps, and i think that it will be the lesson for the developer that develop the application, they should work harder to fixing the bug because it ill makes the bad future for bitcoin

Lizzylove1

Activity: 858
Merit: 13

Christ The King

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 11:53:12 AM

For every friend I know, none of their bitcoin private wallet has ever be hacked except one that gave his younger brother his private keys. It's obvious that some exchanges don't invest much on security and this is a big concern for investors and the government, as much of these hack cases are exchange related. I hope this is handled in the near future,

Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 12:19:14 PM

I may have been worth 1.7 billion at the time of the hackings, the dumping of these coins would significantly reduce the market value. Just look at what happened to XEM after the big hack. It dropped from 2 USD to around 0.3 USD during the dumping.

It's still a lot of money, but the gains for the hackers are probably a lot smaller.
This is not just today or yesterday,the amount indicated is for the whole bitcoin span in this community though I believe that this is only those recorded hacks not to mention the non reported incidents in which the victim don’t know how to address his concerns or some are in regards altcoins but still hacking issue
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 12:38:54 PM

i think for some investor $1.7 billion is not much cause right now bitcoin had value $60,833,048,151. so don't panic about that hacker cause in this digital world so many hacker. so for ourselves, it is more important for ourselves to save our data so that it is not hacked

the said amount is already billion . we cannot disregard that event because that can affect the value of btc badly  . what i dont understand is why there were too many hacking hacking incidents happening lately  ?  hmmm ? is this a sign of something bad ? lets hope not  .

true or not true , this is something that is believable because hackers mainy attack crypto exchanges and bigtime accounts . they can stole much more money than that  .
fileo

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 04:17:42 PM

It is unstoppable attack once the programs was interrupted by the hackers. I am not worshiping them but the fact can tell us about how genius they are by hacking the secure system. It is unexpected amount but we cannot retrieve that lost. The best thing to do now is to create new anti hacking program in order to minimize the damage.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 06:51:50 PM

That's not a surprise

As that's what you should expect from a poorly designed system which has no built in protection against hacks or thefts. I understand that no one may have expected Bitcoin to turn such a huge success (e.g. we all remember Linus Torvalds and his famous "just for fun" thing), but this is no excuse for not adding basic, if not to say primitive, options which would make stealing coins a lot harder if not prevent hacks and thefts in the majority of cases

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:01:54 PM

In the digital world, hacking has often been heard. But does the crypto hacking information included in the video above need to be discussed? I don't think this is important because the amount of hacking that has occurred is impossible to return to hacking victims.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 08:14:56 PM

its impossible to hack bitcoin or exchanger without user permission. Nowadays hacker send malware or impress to click phishing site and they can access computer and hardware wallet. Another way, hacker always wait for any system bug or maintenance any exchanger this time they hack DNS of the exchanger and stolen bitcoin and altcoin. My account was hacked and lost 200+ coin and 2 eth+ and its almost 40k$ when ether delta hack because they hack etherdelta DNS and stolen asset from the exchanger.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
juragane

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:39:50 AM

I think we need to do some research here. How much of these lost Bitcoins is on the exchanges. As we know, Bitcoin wallets cannot be hacked by normal means. In my opinion there are very few hacking events due to the use of daily BTC.
Bitcoin currency is very safe so it is very difficult for criminals to break into bitcoin deposits, the possibility of missing is by going through several ways, one way that criminals often use is by cheating, giving promises that are very good and always offering big profits, but things like this are usually fraudulent, so the loss of bitcoin is caused by the owner's negligence.

Romeotom

Activity: 817
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:10:39 AM

It is possibly, because may hacker have in the Cryptocurrency market.their always try to many ways ,how can hack our wallet.so we need save password strong,dont tell your password for anyone person.and also do it 2FA verification.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
BigBos

Activity: 1890
Merit: 447

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:23:36 AM

I think that many cryptousers forget to think about security. As for me, all my wallets are under strong protecture. Also I have coldwallets, it's impossible to hack them. THink about your security before hackers will steal your money.
well, I always see this on an exchanger who was hit by a hacker attack. the munkgin, not the same, but it's similar. I think there are some exhanger who also lose millions of dollars in their assets. maybe their defense is good enough, but hackers are growing fast. it might make us realize that upgrading security systems at all times.
$anounimus$

Activity: 1750
Merit: 298

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 07:25:34 AM

I really hope that the perpetrators of bitcoin theft are not too quick to sell their loot at low prices because it will only make the price worse and there will certainly be more people who lose because prices fall deeper, increase security and don't be too careless with your wallet so that assets remain safe.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:30:48 PM

I think that many cryptousers forget to think about security. As for me, all my wallets are under strong protecture. Also I have coldwallets, it's impossible to hack them. THink about your security before hackers will steal your money.
well, I always see this on an exchanger who was hit by a hacker attack. the munkgin, not the same, but it's similar. I think there are some exhanger who also lose millions of dollars in their assets. maybe their defense is good enough, but hackers are growing fast. it might make us realize that upgrading security systems at all times.

Mostly it's people's carelessness that allows hackers to steal their coins.  Exchanges are prone to such and whether we like it or not, sometimes good hackers can breach their security. That's why it's up to the users to safeguard their coins. 1.7 billion won't be the final digit for stolen and hacked coins, that's for sure.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
TravelMug

Activity: 2660
Merit: 853

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 05:31:04 AM

The rate at which criminal are stealing from cryptocurrency now a days is really alarming something has to be done

Of course as a crypto enthusiast, you can really do lot of thing to prevent such hacks or minimized your risk like not putting big amounts of money in a exchange or protect your account at all cost.

But sadly, those hackers are always like two steps ahead of the game so I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers is close to $2 billion already. Just like what happened to Cryptopia wherein big money have been lost and that's just in the beginning of this year alone.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x