Bitcoin Forum
July 23, 2024, 11:29:25 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nike Shoe offends Muslims wtf  (Read 346 times)
expertofexperts

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 06:28:20 AM

Muslims who kill Christians are radical Muslims who also kill their own, needless to say that not all Muslims are radical and those who are just take it too extremely, though Stoning shouldn't be a practice  and Homosexual rights should be respected. People will ALWAYS find a way to see something "offensive" and  "Problematic" I don't know its just society these days trying their best to be woke.
Now come on lets not get into that debate. You cannot deny the fact that every Muslim is Fanatic (qattar) about their religion. I can tell you in every country these people supports such fanatic people and want to have sharia law where they live.

Regarding what is told about NIKE shoes, i think they first need to introspect to what they have done to non-muslims and then react to such logos.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1144

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 04:28:31 PM

If the shoes said "Fuck Allah" or "Allah was a pedophile", I would buy them as a collector's item.

Insulting religion is not a crime.  We should be able to make fun of STUPID ideas no matter how crazy they are.

I've read that for automobiles, considerable study is done on whether a new proposed name offends anyone in any particular language. Because the cars are sold worldwide and nobody wants a car which has a name which is, say, "SHIT" in that language.

Should Nike pay attention in such a matter? Sure.

But how far? Here the objection is to a part of the phrase taken out of context and said to mean something different than intended. I'm curious what an average muslim would think of this matter.

Yes, I've read the same thing and found it incredibly funny that some car names happen to mean female genitals in some countries, or that Mitsubishi Pajero means wanker in Spanish. Even though some of these names were later changed in target countries, they didn't do anything about the rest of the world, which ultimately lead to people being offered pussy wagons and wankers. Cheesy

As for the Muslims, they get very easily offended. Like that story with Red Cross, which is a very well known organization that helps people all around the world, but the Muslims felt offended by the sign of the cross and demanded it to be changed to crescent moon.

I have to buy a pair of those shoes before they take them down.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:07:36 PM

If the shoes said "Fuck Allah" or "Allah was a pedophile", I would buy them as a collector's item.

Insulting religion is not a crime.  We should be able to make fun of STUPID ideas no matter how crazy they are.

I've read that for automobiles, considerable study is done on whether a new proposed name offends anyone in any particular language. Because the cars are sold worldwide and nobody wants a car which has a name which is, say, "SHIT" in that language.

Should Nike pay attention in such a matter? Sure.

But how far? Here the objection is to a part of the phrase taken out of context and said to mean something different than intended. I'm curious what an average muslim would think of this matter.
As for the Muslims, they get very easily offended. .....
I have to buy a pair of those shoes before they take them down.

How about all the things muslims do that offend others?

Is any serious concern given to these issues?
Tramle091296

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 11:41:59 AM

Well we cant blame only the Nike about on this issue it takes a process to release somekind of design and Im sure Nike takes an survey about it and included the some of the Muslim i know it might offensive because of the position of the words on the bottom part of the shoes. I know Nike will response to it and do some changes if the design didnt like by the consumer.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: