Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:15:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep your funds secured?  (Read 22636 times)
adamlillian

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 04:26:39 AM

Im quite new to crypto so i wanted to know what exchanges do you use and i'd be grateful for advises on security. I currently keep my crypto on localbitcoins but it recently got hacked to im concerned for my money. I want to move it somewhere safe but still be able to make trades without much fuss. Im still learning to trade but im pretty serious about it. Can you recommend me a good exchange that hasn't been hacked yet?
I think it's Okex. Okex is really a great trading platform and has the largest volume of trading platforms operating in the crypto market.
A large exchange must have a good security system. I have been using the Okex trading platform for the past 2 years and I have never been hacked.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 833

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:42:31 AM

Exchanges are not safe, two recent cases:

[1] Cryptopia hacked - https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-new-zealand-cryptopia-exchange-hack-continues

[2] Quadrigacx founder die - https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-exchange-quadrigacx-missing-145-mln-after-death-of-founder. Without giving the keys to the hot wallet.

All wallets are not safe as well, so you need to be careful on how to protect your account here in cryptoverse. Used strong passwords, 2FA's, backup your private keys and not click any suspicious looking sites around. Or if you're really paranoid, get a hardware wallet like Trezor or Nano.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
FUD Expert

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:03:49 AM

Im quite new to crypto so i wanted to know what exchanges do you use and i'd be grateful for advises on security. I currently keep my crypto on localbitcoins but it recently got hacked to im concerned for my money. I want to move it somewhere safe but still be able to make trades without much fuss. Im still learning to trade but im pretty serious about it. Can you recommend me a good exchange that hasn't been hacked yet?

I'm sorry but to tell you the truth, all of those exchanges are prone to hacking. They only need time to crack the code and 'voila', it's hacking time. Don't be lazy and go buy yourself and trezor wallet. Even binance is the top, they could still hacked because just take a look at our banks that still experiences losses from hackers.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:20:40 AM

The most COMMON advise is to transfer your funds back to a cold wallet whenever you're done trading. (SAFE)

Why not buy a hardware wallet and transfer funds to it whenever you're done trading? (SAFER)

Just buy and don't trade. Keep them in a hardware wallet. Create a portfolio and check whenever the price spikes then trade/cash-out. (SAFEST)

Its not easy to transfer from funds to hardware wallet once you have done trading. I have keep some bitcoin only for trading and I keep it on the exchange. The profit which I get from trading, I transfer it to my desktop wallet. I have not buy a hardware wallet yet as I think desktop wallet is enough for me.
JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 07:47:03 AM

I currently keep my crypto on localbitcoins but it recently got hacked to im concerned for my money. I want to move it somewhere safe but still be able to make trades without much fuss. Im still learning to trade but im pretty serious about it. Can you recommend me a good exchange that hasn't been hacked yet?

To find a good exchange that has not yet been hacked, you can look at the list of the crypto currency exchanges with a high trading volume, for example:
https://coinmarketcap.com/rankings/exchanges/

As a rule, large crypto currency exchanges hire highly qualified employees and invest heavily in security, therefore you most likely will not be hacked if you choose one of the TOP-20 crypto exchange markets.
That linked is really helpful for us to find a good exchange that we can ensure that our funds are safe. The most advisable exchange that we can use is the Binance due to its high security and low fees.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 08:30:21 AM

The easiest way would be to use a hardware wallet.

However if you don't want to spend the money or wait for your hardware wallet to arrive you can use a wallet such as Electrum with cold storage. Basically you will need another computer/laptop which NEVER connects to the internet. You would use that computer to create your secure seed and it would sign your transactions for you.

If you want more info go to the Electrum section of Bitcointalk forum at:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0

Here is a simple guide how cold storage works
http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/coldstorage.html

Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 08:44:58 AM

The easiest way would be to use a hardware wallet.

However if you don't want to spend the money or wait for your hardware wallet to arrive you can use a wallet such as Electrum with cold storage. Basically you will need another computer/laptop which NEVER connects to the internet. You would use that computer to create your secure seed and it would sign your transactions for you.

If you want more info go to the Electrum section of Bitcointalk forum at:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0

Here is a simple guide how cold storage works
http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/coldstorage.html

Electrum is one of the cold storage that we can use in order to protect our bitcoins from hackers. Even got many issues last year, the users are still have trust to use it because of its high security. It is easy to use than the other bitcoin wallet so it is advisable to use.
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 03:23:19 PM

I use ledger since it's very acessible and it's safe. I don't keep my funds in exchange or any other third party wallets since it can be hacked. I always tend to hold my funds in which I have my private key.
Distinctin

Activity: 2814
Merit: 647

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:55:03 PM

I use ledger since it's very acessible and it's safe. I don't keep my funds in exchange or any other third party wallets since it can be hacked. I always tend to hold my funds in which I have my private key.

Mishandling of our wallet were causes of losing our keys especially when we used to share computers to log in. Hard wallets is so expensive and isn't available in our country,  so we used online wallet just like mew but I've never experience of losing my keys or even hacked by someone.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 01:52:53 AM

To keep your accnt. Secured always avoid phising site, one's you enter or install all personal transactions performed with your computer will be recorded in the attacker's database . In this way, the hacker's retrieves your personal information and can completely empty your accnt. Second, always enable your 2FA authy in your wallet.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 03:23:59 AM

I think you can use any wallet/ device/ network you want but the easy way is never share with others, don't trust someone take control your equipment. Second thing is never save your asset into exchanges, many problems about this one. Last thing is always up date your information about new system and fees, in this one can break your activity, trust me.

newbie0506

Activity: 233
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 03:56:22 AM

I always keep my funds fully secured because i can't keep my funds in any exchanges like fork delta, etherdelta.com and other decentralized exchange. But some centralized exchanges binance, kucoin, and houbi also can you keep in those.

I also believe that to keep your funds secured, you have to spread out your portfolio projects that you researched and make sure to always have a cold wallet somewhere.
naruto7676

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 06:21:10 AM

Those famous exchanges that i know in CMC that is the most secured funds will putting your money to trade for exchanges because other exchanges that I've know is not secured and getting scammed in past years.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 06:30:09 AM

I always keep my funds fully secured because i can't keep my funds in any exchanges like fork delta, etherdelta.com and other decentralized exchange. But some centralized exchanges binance, kucoin, and houbi also can you keep in those.

I also believe that to keep your funds secured, you have to spread out your portfolio projects that you researched and make sure to always have a cold wallet somewhere.
My advice is that you should not keep all the assets you have on the exchange, do you not see that the exchange place for cryptopia is having a hacker attack and causing them to lose their assets? so my advice is not to keep assets in exchange because the risk is too high.
sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 06:53:39 AM

Im quite new to crypto so i wanted to know what exchanges

I always use Binance to do my trade.I also use Bittrex,Coinexchange etc.You can visit this exchange to get better idea.
but still be Can you recommend me a good exchange that hasn't been hacked yet?

I have never seen that Binance been hacked . So i can suggest you Binance ,Hopefully we will never face anything like that.

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 07:01:08 AM

My advice is that you should not keep all the assets you have on the exchange, do you not see that the exchange place for cryptopia is having a hacker attack and causing them to lose their assets? so my advice is not to keep assets in exchange because the risk is too high.

Cryptopia is different from other exchange . others are fully verified to be secure we dont know yet if crypto hacking is inside job  or what if they intented to scam their users ?

For safety reasons we must not store all of our assets and cash in one place   . we must diversify them and scatter them on different kind of wallet or exchange so that we can have a back up if ever the other one will be hack .
IncredibleX

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 07:05:14 AM

I always keep my funds in my personal wallet except any exchange like forkdelta, etherdelta, hitbtc many more. I just keep my funds Binance and Kucoin exchanges because of safe exchange.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 10:25:28 AM

Actually all exchanges are very likely to be hacked even though they have high security. My advice after trading, it is better to move the results into bank account and do not keep it too long in exchange, because if it is too long to save it is likely to be hacked very high. I always do that if after trading. I usually move the results that I get to my savings bank account. I still keep it if I want to trade again but it doesn't last for a long time. That is my way of keeping my funds safe.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:06:38 AM

Exchanges not meant for storing it is only for exchanging your funds so if you are storing there means then it is your mistake.Wallets are the one we need to store our funds and the type of wallet will choose the security level and if you want maximum security then you should buy an hardware wallet.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 05:45:59 PM

exchange is only used to make sales and purchases of cryptocurrency and look for benefits that you can get from utilizing coin price movements, whereas if an exchange is used to store cryptocurrency assets you have that is a bad choice because your assets can be lost because the exchange can be affected hack like what happened some time ago.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: