Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:03:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep your funds secured?  (Read 22636 times)
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 01:43:16 AM

Im quite new to crypto so i wanted to know what exchanges do you use and i'd be grateful for advises on security. I currently keep my crypto on localbitcoins but it recently got hacked to im concerned for my money. I want to move it somewhere safe but still be able to make trades without much fuss. Im still learning to trade but im pretty serious about it. Can you recommend me a good exchange that hasn't been hacked yet?

Keeping your coins in exchanges is the worst thing to do. You never know when these exchanges go down. It has occurred quite frequently, starting with Mt Gox in 2014, to the recent hacks of Bitfinex and Cryptopia. Why do you want to keep your coins in exchanges, when free online wallets such as Blockchain.com are available? If you don't mind spending $100, then you can go for a hardware wallet as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 07:03:13 AM

Im quite new to crypto so i wanted to know what exchanges do you use and i'd be grateful for advises on security. I currently keep my crypto on localbitcoins but it recently got hacked to im concerned for my money. I want to move it somewhere safe but still be able to make trades without much fuss. Im still learning to trade but im pretty serious about it. Can you recommend me a good exchange that hasn't been hacked yet?

Keeping your coins in exchanges is the worst thing to do. You never know when these exchanges go down. It has occurred quite frequently, starting with Mt Gox in 2014, to the recent hacks of Bitfinex and Cryptopia. Why do you want to keep your coins in exchanges, when free online wallets such as Blockchain.com are available? If you don't mind spending $100, then you can go for a hardware wallet as well.
If you can get a hardware wallet then go for it, storing your assets inside the exchange will always worry you for potential of losing your investment, always think before you go to any decisions in regards of securing your money inside this industry, remember that it's your money that you are securing.
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 08:38:47 AM

for me, save wallet in secured exchange like binance then install two authenticator security, after that your wallet is very secured. low chance to be hacked

Not so safe, 2FA is only a good security to prevent your wallet of getting hack, however if the site alone is hack, your assets are still in danger.
just like the recent report when Binance was hack, lots of user accounts are compromise but they got it covered with SAFU funds, what if no funds available next time?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
rizkyfebrian213xx

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 03:56:04 AM

I think you must keep your assets on hardware wallet or software wallet (on Windows / Linux / Android) , because exchanges are not safe anymore but not all exchanges.. just few of them. I said like this because I read article on few months ago , there was many exchanges got hacked like Coinbene , Cryptopia (and now closed) and also Binance , we know Binance is bigger exchange now than other but I read few month ago like 1-2 month ago Binance got hacked and user funds already replaced by Binance.
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 06:49:16 AM

I think you must keep your assets on hardware wallet or software wallet (on Windows / Linux / Android) , because exchanges are not safe anymore but not all exchanges.. just few of them. I said like this because I read article on few months ago , there was many exchanges got hacked like Coinbene , Cryptopia (and now closed) and also Binance , we know Binance is bigger exchange now than other but I read few month ago like 1-2 month ago Binance got hacked and user funds already replaced by Binance.

No to exchange if you like funds secured, the best choice is a hard wallet, you need to invest for this to protect your investment.
When you put in exchange, it could be hack or the exchange itself will be hack, and your money is gone. When you put it on your deskstop wallet, it's also risky as malware or phishing is what you enemy here.

sheenaedago

Activity: 262

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:01:45 AM

A lot depends on whether you trade your digital assets daily and what goal you set in making a profit, if it is 200-300%, you can store it in your wallets, if you are a supporter of constant buying and selling, then you definitely need to keep them on the exchanges, otherwise you can miss the profit

All of the above is perfect and safe recommended ways to make our funds secure for trading needs. For my own preference I choose using metamask and save the seed phrase that I backed up in order to have an access by the time I wanted to transact all my holdings. It's simple and safe, you won't get rid of possible cyber attacks.
kennen1113

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 09:10:10 AM

No to exchange if you like funds secured, the best choice is a hard wallet, you need to invest for this to protect your investment.
When you put in exchange, it could be hack or the exchange itself will be hack, and your money is gone. When you put it on your deskstop wallet, it's also risky as malware or phishing is what you enemy here.
There is no need to exchange and store into hard wallets really is a guarantee for our property but perhaps we are worrying too much and this invisible pressure will create a lot of difficulties for us, especially when we are an investor or a trader, having no money in exchange will be a big problem, flexible capital is a necessary condition for us to use opportunities and optimization in this market, hard wallet will be a limitation. Although storing money in exchange can face many risks but that risk is only big for small and fraudulent exchanges while large exchanges will provide us with very high security.

Silica NeXus                 
▄▄▄▄▄  Crowdfund the Nexus  ▄▄▄▄▄
Pyrojason
Copper Member

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 09:15:06 AM

Paper wallets. Generated offline.
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:24:37 AM

I would recommend for anyone to have a seperate computer for your surfing activities. The first one is going to be only used for accessing your wallets and making transactions for bitcoins and altcoins. Then the second one is for anything you want to check out un the internet and you will not worry so much if you accidentally clicked on a malware that will ask for money so you can save your file or will steal all your information because it is not there.
iged_war

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:04:24 PM

I would recommend for anyone to have a seperate computer for your surfing activities. The first one is going to be only used for accessing your wallets and making transactions for bitcoins and altcoins. Then the second one is for anything you want to check out un the internet and you will not worry so much if you accidentally clicked on a malware that will ask for money so you can save your file or will steal all your information because it is not there.
that's good ways to prevent malware attacking our personal computer.sometimes we was not unconscious there are many virus or malware that could penetrate our computer system when we surfing in internet.just clicking any link and finally our balance gone.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
Xalata

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 08:15:38 AM

Its not safe to keep your money in exchanges for a long time. Cold wallets are much safer. I will recommend trust wallet, Mycelium wallet and Blockchain wallet if you have Bitcoin. Most exchanges have been hacked before so the cold wallets are safer.

TheBusstop

Activity: 280
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:50:43 AM

All exchanges are vulnerable to act so you need a wallet for your tokens. you definitely needs to get a wallet as soon as possible because attacks on exchanges are not expected. you might loose big when next they strike. there are nice wallets for every token you have. never use exchange for your saving.
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 02:32:44 PM

Binance you can keep it but even that exchanges site is safe  is safe better to keep it to mobile wallet for more safety or more secured. Necause we don't know when the hackers attacks the exchanges site but we still know the binance is secured exchanges site but we can prevent losing incase that hackers attack so keep it to the wallet that you trust that you know your coins is secured and no one can access your account except to you.
What? I don`t understand nor comprehend what you trying to say. It is just a little bit confusing because there is contradiction with your statement. But what ever your point of view, I think it s better to store coins at the safe crypto wallet. It is better if you have a ledger. Binance is the top exchange in the whole world, but we cannot say it never suffered from hacks. In fact, it was intercepted yet the technician return the site again. In any form of exchange, it is hard to store coins because they are prone in hackings.

nowlscor18

Activity: 282
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 10:26:00 PM

Its not safe to keep your money in exchanges for a long time. Cold wallets are much safer. I will recommend trust wallet, Mycelium wallet and Blockchain wallet if you have Bitcoin. Most exchanges have been hacked before so the cold wallets are safer.

Correct, there's no assurance of security on your funds if you choose exchanges to handle it. More prone scenario now is hacking of accounts which resulted to lost of investors money. Those recommended wallets is more safe, and if you're holding more coins always use wallet with encrypted seed phrase like metamask.

Nhebu

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 11:07:09 PM

Many people are typically used ledger and metamask im order to protect their coins. Storing cryptocurrency at exchange may be lose since many exchange are already intercepted by hackers. Unfortunately, all of the assets of investors and traders have gone. That is why we should not store in exchange because wallet is more secured.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 11:22:06 PM

If you are going to trade every day, it is better to choose the exchange Binance. It is safe and quite popular. But if you rarely trade, it is best to keep your funds in your wallet. Keep them on the stock exchange in this case is not safe.
Pyrojason
Copper Member

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 09:28:44 AM

Paper. Wallets.

Also a hot laptop, and a cold laptop.

The cold one never sees the internet.
radambom123

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 09:40:54 AM

Best store in personal wallet
Cryptostudio.info

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 02:52:27 PM

To be sure with the crypts you always use for Google Authenticator exchange accesses for each access and always make copies of the private keys that are provided by the exchange when you create the Google Authenticator key

ETHEREUM BEACON
● ●●●●●●●●●● https://ethereum-beacon.com ●●●●●●●●●● ●
● A rapid transition to Proof-of-Stake ●
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 11:59:52 AM

To be sure with the crypts you always use for Google Authenticator exchange accesses for each access and always make copies of the private keys that are provided by the exchange when you create the Google Authenticator key
There are many ways to keep your funds secure. Of course 2FA is one way to do that. You should have a strong password that is not your name of your contact number of a mix of both. Having your funds on the best exchange can be guarantee of safety as well. In addition, you could also keep your fund in cold wallets that is not connected to any online source.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: