Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:22:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BOUNTY] EasySocial Snapshot + Translation Bounty  (Read 540 times)
EasyDex (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 09:44:41 PM

Groan!

Please say you're not another Steemit!

Why can't I just use Facebook??

Are you any different??

Definitely not another steemit... Steemit is essentially just a blogging chain that other people have tried to shove other dapps onto which has pushed it out of the bounds of scalability. Also, the ninja mined stake in steemit has essentially killed both it's decentralization and, through the downvotes and hiding of posts, it's censorship resistance.

Of course you are more than welcome to use Facebook all you like if you don't mind your personal data being mined and sold to anyone who pays though you do have to watch what you say or they'll ban your account. On EasySocial you'll be able to speak your mind freely (within legal limits obviously) and there's no centralized authority to mine and sell your data. Plus you'll also earn crypto for your interactions on EasySocial so I'd say there's really a big difference.

Sounds fair.

I'm reading through all the other comments. I REALLY like the idea of unlimited voting. Although if we reward people with our stake how will that work? Unless you give us all unlimited stake too - that would work - IN UTOPIA.

I'm not sold yet.

You don't give them your stake... The way it works is new tokens are created with each block. A portion of them are distributed to the block producers (currently 10% but that is changeable). The rest are distributed based on the interaction in the system. Half of them are distributed to posters in the form of staked tokens based on upvotes that give them more influence through their vote on how tokens are distributed in the system. The other half are converted into the silver pegged assett (to ensure price stability) and distributed to the people who voted on those posts based on a much more complicated algorithm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raymondspeaks

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 09:48:09 PM

Groan!

Are you any different??

Definitely not another steemit... Steemit is essentially just a blogging chain that other people have tried to shove other dapps onto which has pushed it out of the bounds of scalability. Also, the ninja mined stake in steemit has essentially killed both it's decentralization and, through the downvotes and hiding of posts, it's censorship resistance.

Of course you are more than welcome to use Facebook all you like if you don't mind your personal data being mined and sold to anyone who pays though you do have to watch what you say or they'll ban your account. On EasySocial you'll be able to speak your mind freely (within legal limits obviously) and there's no centralized authority to mine and sell your data. Plus you'll also earn crypto for your interactions on EasySocial so I'd say there's really a big difference.

Sounds fair.

I'm reading through all the other comments. I REALLY like the idea of unlimited voting. Although if we reward people with our stake how will that work? Unless you give us all unlimited stake too - that would work - IN UTOPIA.

I'm not sold yet.

You don't give them your stake... The way it works is new tokens are created with each block. A portion of them are distributed to the block producers (currently 10% but that is changeable). The rest are distributed based on the interaction in the system. Half of them are distributed to posters in the form of staked tokens based on upvotes that give them more influence through their vote on how tokens are distributed in the system. The other half are converted into the silver pegged assett (to ensure price stability) and distributed to the people who voted on those posts based on a much more complicated algorithm.

Okay. I like the idea of that. That solves a few big issues I have.

I have a couple of communities I head. Are you guys pro-community?

Fast 1% Dice ░ Rakeback 🔶 YOLOdice.com 🔶 Competitions ░ Exchange (https://yolodice.com/r?Po8A-2GPc)
Moonunit1

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 09:53:00 PM

I'm very interested in the MUSIC side of EasySocial and would also like to be an ambassador for an EASYTUNES Chain if you'll be creating one?
I also think that rewarding musicians indefinitely for their music, is a brilliant idea! and one that can create a much needed ongoing stream of revenue for us.

Music is definitely one of the ones we want to focus on and have a lot of plans for that. For one thing, we plan on creating a player that we will put onto all of the interfaces on every chain we are doing so users can listen to their music chain (EasyTunes is a good name) feed while browsing EasySocial, reading posts on the blog chain or editing a photo for the photo chain. Because of this, the interface for the music chain will be more focused on the musicians and the producers and we want to add lots of features to make it easy to collaborate with other musicians from anywhere and mix and edit your music right from the site. When a song is posted that musicians collaborated on together it will appear in all of their followers feeds and they will all share in the rewards of the song at a ratio they define themselves. We also have lots of plans on different ways we can bring value to the tokens associated with each media chain including the music chain. For example, on the music chain we can make it so a user can download songs if they send the musician some tokens and maybe even organize concerts and festivals people can get tickets to using the tokens which are used to pay the acts and organizers. Lots of possibilities for sure.

That is mad, I have a few musician friends and this sounds like it would be right up their street. They are on spotify and i tunes etc. I think they wee put off by the limit on payout mentioned before. I think that this lifetime payout style is much fairer and will attract a lot more people. Is there a plan to bring a chain on-stream for writers? You mentioned poets but a writer would a lot more space. If you wanted to publish even a novella it would be far in excess of any thing that a poet would put out.

I presume that the music chain would also work for podcasts etc? I mean its just sounds (not taking away from musicians) but for storage reasons it would have a similar requirement?
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 10:06:08 PM

Groan!

Are you any different??

Sounds fair.

I'm not sold yet.

Yes we're very community oriented. In fact, a portion of the initial supply of EasySocial is reserved for the creation of community tokens. While each community will differ a bit depending on the community and what qualifies to receive a portion of the initial supply will depend on what the EasySocial community decides as a whole, the basic idea is that the community will have a community account backed by a portion of this initial supply and will have a token associated with it. They can then distribute this token to their community members who can then use them to upvote their posts and increase their stake in the system. This will not only help build strong communities on the platform but will also give the community a working budget from the liquid rewards gained through curating their members content. Any community is obviously free to create their token and use it in this way but to receive a portion of the initial supply that community will have to be approved by the users of EasySocial as a whole.
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 10:20:54 PM

I'm very interested in the MUSIC side of EasySocial and would also like to be an ambassador for an EASYTUNES Chain if you'll be creating one?
I also think that rewarding musicians indefinitely for their music, is a brilliant idea! and one that can create a much needed ongoing stream of revenue for us.

Music is definitely one of the ones we want to focus on and have a lot of plans for that. For one thing, we plan on creating a player that we will put onto all of the interfaces on every chain we are doing so users can listen to their music chain (EasyTunes is a good name) feed while browsing EasySocial, reading posts on the blog chain or editing a photo for the photo chain. Because of this, the interface for the music chain will be more focused on the musicians and the producers and we want to add lots of features to make it easy to collaborate with other musicians from anywhere and mix and edit your music right from the site. When a song is posted that musicians collaborated on together it will appear in all of their followers feeds and they will all share in the rewards of the song at a ratio they define themselves. We also have lots of plans on different ways we can bring value to the tokens associated with each media chain including the music chain. For example, on the music chain we can make it so a user can download songs if they send the musician some tokens and maybe even organize concerts and festivals people can get tickets to using the tokens which are used to pay the acts and organizers. Lots of possibilities for sure.

That is mad, I have a few musician friends and this sounds like it would be right up their street. They are on spotify and i tunes etc. I think they wee put off by the limit on payout mentioned before. I think that this lifetime payout style is much fairer and will attract a lot more people. Is there a plan to bring a chain on-stream for writers? You mentioned poets but a writer would a lot more space. If you wanted to publish even a novella it would be far in excess of any thing that a poet would put out.

I presume that the music chain would also work for podcasts etc? I mean its just sounds (not taking away from musicians) but for storage reasons it would have a similar requirement?

We do have plans for a writer's chain that may or may not be separate from the poetry and blogging depending on demand. Our plan is to gather a group of writers (pretty much any writer who would like to participate) and work with them closely to see what type of features they would like to see on the chain, how we can give value to the tokens and other things like that. The goal is to get the people who will be using as involved in the development process as possible and that will be true for all the chains we build.

On your question about podcasts and the music chain, we will almost certainly do those as different chains. For one thing this will help prevent the resource usage (mostly disk space) a node requires for each one. Also, it allows us to give them different features and such. For example, many podcasters will often do one hour that is free for everyone to listen to and do another one that is only for their paid subscribers. So, we plan to not only incorporate this model into the podcast chain but also make it so users can unlock the second half of an individual podcast by paying some tokens without having to do a full subscription. However, this model would be completely useless for musicians since they're not likely to let you listen to half a song then make you pay to hear the other half. They're more likely to charge tokens to download it for offline listening and would likely want to organize their songs into albums that users can download.
raymondspeaks

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:14:12 PM

Groan!

Are you any different??

Sounds fair.

I'm not sold yet.

Yes we're very community oriented. In fact, a portion of the initial supply of EasySocial is reserved for the creation of community tokens. While each community will differ a bit depending on the community and what qualifies to receive a portion of the initial supply will depend on what the EasySocial community decides as a whole, the basic idea is that the community will have a community account backed by a portion of this initial supply and will have a token associated with it. They can then distribute this token to their community members who can then use them to upvote their posts and increase their stake in the system. This will not only help build strong communities on the platform but will also give the community a working budget from the liquid rewards gained through curating their members content. Any community is obviously free to create their token and use it in this way but to receive a portion of the initial supply that community will have to be approved by the users of EasySocial as a whole.

Okay. That's really awesome.

What's the chances of being a steemit-like whale!!??

Fast 1% Dice ░ Rakeback 🔶 YOLOdice.com 🔶 Competitions ░ Exchange (https://yolodice.com/r?Po8A-2GPc)
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 12:34:49 AM

Groan!

Are you any different??

Sounds fair.

I'm not sold yet.

Okay. That's really awesome.

What's the chances of being a steemit-like whale!!??

This is actually an issue we've put a lot of thought and effort into. For one thing the distribution of the initial supply should be varied enough to keep any single entity to have too great of an influence on the platform to the detriment of the rest of the platform. However, the biggest difference here is that in order to maximize the profitability of your stake you have to actively curate others' content which in turn gives those people greater stake. This should help to more evenly spread the stake in the chain ensuring that it retains it's decentralized nature, something very rare indeed in this space.
raymondspeaks

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 01:00:36 AM

Oh wow. Finally! Power to the content creators.

Hell. I'm swapping my steem for this shit.

EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 01:24:41 AM

Oh wow. Finally! Power to the content creators.

Hell. I'm swapping my steem for this shit.

That's the idea... well, the content creators and the content consumers. Have to make it as good as possible for everyone. Since EasySocial is for everyone then that particular chain is more really broad based as far as governance and we want feed back and to hear everyone's thoughts and constructive criticism about it. For the other chains, those are more specific so want to listen to the people that will be primarily using those platforms to make it the best it can be. We're "only the best will do" types more than "good enough".
raymondspeaks

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 02:45:18 AM

do you have a working platform that I can see? Like maybe a screenshot or something?

Moonunit1

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 12:38:46 PM

We do have plans for a writer's chain that may or may not be separate from the poetry and blogging depending on demand. Our plan is to gather a group of writers (pretty much any writer who would like to participate) and work with them closely to see what type of features they would like to see on the chain, how we can give value to the tokens and other things like that. The goal is to get the people who will be using as involved in the development process as possible and that will be true for all the chains we build.

On your question about podcasts and the music chain, we will almost certainly do those as different chains. For one thing this will help prevent the resource usage (mostly disk space) a node requires for each one. Also, it allows us to give them different features and such. For example, many podcasters will often do one hour that is free for everyone to listen to and do another one that is only for their paid subscribers. So, we plan to not only incorporate this model into the podcast chain but also make it so users can unlock the second half of an individual podcast by paying some tokens without having to do a full subscription. However, this model would be completely useless for musicians since they're not likely to let you listen to half a song then make you pay to hear the other half. They're more likely to charge tokens to download it for offline listening and would likely want to organize their songs into albums that users can download.

I would be very interested to see the writers chain evolve. This could be a great extra revenue spinner for "unpublished" authors. I am currently working on a novella and this sounds like it would be a perfect space for me to test the waters. how can I get involved in shaping the chain in that space?

Podcasts, yes, this way is great, to have both a paid and unpaid option would be a great way for podcasters to generate revenue.  I have a number of friends in that space, do you have any sort of lead times on that chain?

Also is there an ICO or anything that I could look at?
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 08:13:59 PM

do you have a working platform that I can see? Like maybe a screenshot or something?

We had the public testnet up for a while but took it down until after the snapshot to do some work on it. Here is some screenshots though.

This is what the main feed page looks like
https://i.postimg.cc/Xv1rdsmp/easysocialfeed.jpg

and this is an example of some of the customization you can do to your profile
https://i.postimg.cc/C1ZzNjpJ/easysocialprofile.png

we're doing some updates to it so you'll be able to do a lot more customization to your profile feed and all the features haven't yet been added to the main page so it will look a little different when everything is done but that gives you some idea of how it will look.
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 08:19:16 PM

I would be very interested to see the writers chain evolve. This could be a great extra revenue spinner for "unpublished" authors. I am currently working on a novella and this sounds like it would be a perfect space for me to test the waters. how can I get involved in shaping the chain in that space?

Podcasts, yes, this way is great, to have both a paid and unpaid option would be a great way for podcasters to generate revenue.  I have a number of friends in that space, do you have any sort of lead times on that chain?

The best way to get involved is to join the community on the EasyDex Discord at https://discord.gg/4ZMPUcp and/or the EasyLife Discord at https://discord.gg/ez86EBs. We're always looking for more input from everyone. Once EasySocial launches the discussion for changes to that chain and the functions and features of the other chains will be moved there but for now you should join the EasyTalk hangouts on the EasyLife Discord Saturdays at 7:00 pm UTC.

As to your question about the ICO, the official ICO is over but you can still get some tokens if you contact us on Discord or by email at support@easydex.info and there's still time to get some PB tokens before the sharedrop that will make sure you get some stake in all the future chains.
Woodzi

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:26:21 PM

Will EasySocial have chat/message functionality? 
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 08:33:54 PM

Will EasySocial have chat/message functionality?

Yes we will be incorporating some really advanced chat features into not only EasySocial but, since your account is the same in the whole system the chat will be accessible via any interface in the system so you'll be able to chat from wherever you are. The chat features are more than just simple messaging as well. It will have a full range of capabilities including chat rooms where communities can gather, audio and video calling and more. Everything in the chat feature is encrypted by default as well except for public chatrooms.
johnskotts

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:59:47 PM

I know the founders of Easydex are creating EasySocial. What Benefits will EasySocial have with Easydex? Besides that looking foward to its launch...

Thank you
Moonunit1

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:00:13 PM

Podcasts, yes, this way is great, to have both a paid and unpaid option would be a great way for podcasters to generate revenue.  I have a number of friends in that space, do you have any sort of lead times on that chain?

The best way to get involved is to join the community on the EasyDex Discord at https://discord.gg/4ZMPUcp and/or the EasyLife Discord at https://discord.gg/ez86EBs. We're always looking for more input from everyone. Once EasySocial launches the discussion for changes to that chain and the functions and features of the other chains will be moved there but for now you should join the EasyTalk hangouts on the EasyLife Discord Saturdays at 7:00 pm UTC.

As to your question about the ICO, the official ICO is over but you can still get some tokens if you contact us on Discord or by email at support@easydex.info and there's still time to get some PB tokens before the sharedrop that will make sure you get some stake in all the future chains.

Ok I am not on discord so I'll get something set up. My son is gamer and I think he is on that app.

With the site is it mobile friendly or is there apps for it like instagram?
backpackingmonk

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:06:11 PM

How do i invest in easysocial?
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 09:09:07 PM

I know the founders of Easydex are creating EasySocial. What Benefits will EasySocial have with Easydex? Besides that looking foward to its launch...

Thank you

We're creating a simplified version of our dex to embed into EasySocial and all the other interfaces in the EasyLife system. As you probably know, EasyDex runs on Bitshares and the way we've designed the system all rewards get sent directly to the associated Bitshares account. With the simplified or "Easy" version of the dex on the interfaces users will be able to trade their rewards directly right away for any crypto or fiat we support without having to go through a complicated procedure transferring funds to different exchanges before they can actually withdraw money they can pay their bills with. We're even working on ways to automate this process so that it automatically converts your rewards into the asset of your choice to further simplify everything. The goal is to promote mass adoption by making it as easy as possible for people that are new to the crypto world.
EasyDex (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 09:10:42 PM

Ok I am not on discord so I'll get something set up. My son is gamer and I think he is on that app.

With the site is it mobile friendly or is there apps for it like instagram?

We plan to make mobie apps for everything but at the start it will just be the web app. The web app is optimized for mobile browsers though.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: