Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STOP With The ICO Garbage  (Read 809 times)
libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 04:34:01 AM

I agree, some ICOs have decided to have MVP (Minimum Viable Product) before doing the sale, so public can get the rough idea of what they are doing.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 04:39:36 AM

I would say among 10 ICO, at least 8 tried hard in the 2014 till 2016/2017?

Until the moment when the Ethereum skyrocketed by almost 10,000% it is where everyone wanna laundry money through ICO from the market
Because they see the "hype" in it
This is also why at least 85-90% of project fail because they only wanted to increase the token value, instead of focusing on the real project milestone
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:01:53 AM

I'm proud to be a non ICO investor anymore ,the last one I invested in was iconomi and that was in 2017 ,I prefer to invest in coins or non ICO projects ,ICOs only have advantage when bullrun is happening
ynatopak14

Activity: 458
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:25:57 AM

There are different people in this world and they are seeing different prjects and support them.
As i see on your post, you are a strong supported of that ICO and you want people to see it great.
But all you need to do is advertise it and explain to people how it is capable for the future and how people will benefit on it.
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:30:48 AM

ICOs is making people lose face really,its not a safe choice for investors anymore but still there will be one in a million ICOs that actually have potential like nauticus and bittorrent ,but STO stands out as the best opinion its more secured and safer for investment I'm sure they will do better

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Jating

Activity: 2968
Merit: 822

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:49:18 AM

Good for you. ICO does enjoy lot of support in 2017 though, and despite so many scams running that time, investors still put their hard earn money because of the enormous profits to be made in 2017. But in 2018 it's a different story though.

I'm proud to be a non ICO investor anymore ,the last one I invested in was iconomi and that was in 2017 ,I prefer to invest in coins or non ICO projects ,ICOs only have advantage when bullrun is happening

I mostly agree with what the OP has said, there are literally thousands of scammy ICO out in the market and it's hard to cope and call them up. There's a lot of members in this community who really wanted to help so that those ICO's can't scam anymore, but it's really hard so that best options right now is not to invest on them, simply as that.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 06:51:25 AM

Do not make a generalization that all ICO are trash. Some of them are very useful. The truth is that there are dozens of great altcoins far better than BTC. It just happened that BTC comes first or ahead a few years from these altcoins.
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:10:17 AM

More and more people are getting annoyed with the icos especially due to slow and low last year, most of ico investors from last year are in massive loss and now people want to get rid of all these ico based projects and looking for better alternative and this space may well be filled by security tokens offerings or stos, where the investor becomes a shareholder, part owner and is able to receive profits generating by the project, i think sto model is both more suitable and attractive for investors and next trend seems to be the sto.

To the long term investors - yes. Today we have a lot of traders in crypto and they are not interested in long term and in project. They are interested in quick money.
Of course, traders are interested in fast money. By and large, they destroy the price of tokens after listing.yes STO is a kind of alternative, but in fact using this type of investment ordinary people will be at the curb.You talk about garbage in ICO. Many useless tokens are possible, but there are still very necessary and promising tokens that are simply necessary for the development of the industry.

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:19:56 AM

There are different people in this world and they are seeing different prjects and support them.
As i see on your post, you are a strong supported of that ICO and you want people to see it great.
But all you need to do is advertise it and explain to people how it is capable for the future and how people will benefit on it.
If you are comfortable with such project and you wanted to share your thoughts there's no problem with that, express yourself and share things that you think that will benefits the community, we do have different points of view but all of us wanted to have a good investment, we need not to forget doing our own research and be capable enough to place our money into a project that we think that brings good benefits for us.
Ociwiw

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:29:45 AM

I think that people invest in all ICOs for the reason that tokens will still grow after the market, despite the weak project!
prasad87

Activity: 242
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:35:17 AM

It's part of a learning process. You send some scammer your life savings only once  Grin
In all honesty, it doesn't look like people would learn from posts on bitcointalk, reddit or whatever. They need to get burned once.
Once we have a community of burned investors, they'll learn how to do research due to necessity.

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
JeBro

Activity: 714
Merit: 10

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:39:45 PM

At the end of 2018, the investment system using ICO-projects discredited itself very much. I hope the introduction of new tokensale standards based on the Security Token Offering (STO) will be able to solve the problems typical for ICO. Especially in recent times, there are more and more projects using STO to raise funds for the development of their projects. It’s enough to explore new projects on the Icobench site.

ajdaj

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 05:30:53 PM

At the end of 2018, the investment system using ICO-projects discredited itself very much. I hope the introduction of new tokensale standards based on the Security Token Offering (STO) will be able to solve the problems typical for ICO. Especially in recent times, there are more and more projects using STO to raise funds for the development of their projects. It’s enough to explore new projects on the Icobench site.
if we discard all fraudulent projects, other projects also have a right to exist. The fact is that there are really very good and promising ideas, but due to the lack of experience and lack of professionalism of the team, such ideas are very poorly implemented.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 05:50:21 PM

I think that today there is an urgent need for us and you to really have real opportunities for a serious growth of trust in the ICO field of activity. Because there are real meanings for this. Therefore, we need generator services.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:04:55 PM

Even the information about the ICO rating will not guarantee you that you are investing in the best project. Be very cautious all the time and carefully study all the information referring to the team members.
Anyway still there are great project even in this market. Romad for example is doing many things before exchanges.
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:34:51 PM

Do not make a generalization that all ICO are trash. Some of them are very useful. The truth is that there are dozens of great altcoins far better than BTC. It just happened that BTC comes first or ahead a few years from these altcoins.
right, with a large amount of fraud, all ico are considered rubbish, this assumption is wrong because there are still many real ico that can move the market, the market will be quiet if there are no more ico coins that appear in the market

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:40:08 PM

Yes, I like your thoughts. I also do not understand how people continue to invest in projects. I see a lot of information that project tokens are worth nothing. Even as a hunter, I see that one of the 100 projects pays.

I think we all need a new strategy.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
PHDJarrod12 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:25:48 PM

Yes, I like your thoughts. I also do not understand how people continue to invest in projects. I see a lot of information that project tokens are worth nothing. Even as a hunter, I see that one of the 100 projects pays.

I think we all need a new strategy.

I used to be a bounty hunter too, sadly only 1/10 projects I worked on actually paid. The project paid me, then dumped 90% within the first 4 days. It just isn't worth my time to do anymore lol. I completely agree  Shocked
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 01:52:16 PM

There's way to many ICO's that are literally trash. Idk how people invest in some of these projects. It's honestly a joke... The Bittorrent ICO would have been a good one to invest in just because of the hype behind it. If the token goes to $0 in a few months it would still be worth it because people are tripling their investment within a few days (probably not worth buying right now, but do your own research). Those type of ICO's are 1 in 1,000,000. The majority of the ICO's people are investing in are pure garbage. They have no utilitarian uses and they have weak fan-bases. I can't comprehend why people don't wait until POST ICO release, THEN analyze the platform and decide whether or not to invest. Doesn't this sound like the best logical solution? Sometimes even quality ICO's dump and you can pick some up for pennies on the dollar "fire sale".

This was a quality ICO, don't believe me? Look at the chart, strong buy action with low sell pressure and you could have picked some up for dirt cheap and doubled your money within days - https://nauticus.exchange/exchange/BTCAUD

This seems reasonable on a bear market but you should remember that in 2017 almost every shitcoin was able to shoot after ICO and people were investing in every crappy crowdsale for that reason. Now, the situation has changed and it's time to think before doing something like that Smiley

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 01:56:50 PM

Some people are making huge gains from ICOs because the presale discount makes it very attractive. Even if they only make a 10% profit, if they invest one bitcoin they gain 0.1 BTC profit

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: