Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:48:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for feedback on my crypto project DecentraCorp!  (Read 117 times)
DecentraCorp (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 01:23:52 AM

My name is Christopher Dixon. I am the founder of DecentraCorp and inventor of IdeaCoin and the CryptoPatent Blockchain. I wasn’t sure of the best route to approach presenting the project so I thought I would give a short overview and history on how it came to be. I was advised by a friend that I should post about it here because I would get some good feed back. I am currently looking for anyone with experience in solidity, python or react to come aboard as well.

DecentraCorp is the world's first Decentralized Autonomous Corporation
where the CEO’s and shareholders are the same people who build and maintain the
machinery.  DecentraCorp’s goal is to empower the individual with the tools and
technology to build a better world!

In comparison to existing corporations there is no imposed hierarchical structure within DecentraCorp. There is no one in charge and no one to seek permission from.  No managers or bosses to fear being fired from. DecentraCorp takes the concept of a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (an Organization governed by smart contracts living on a blockchain) and imposes it onto a working business model that anyone anywhere can can use to provide for themselves.

The first product of DecentraCorp is the CryptoPatent blockchain, a copy-left patent system for open-source ideas. The CryptoPatent Blockchain seeks to turn open-source ideas into DecentraCorp products that members of DecentraCorp can replicate. Replications of an idea mine IdeaCoin for the person who replicates them. A replication can then be bartered with, bought or sold by DecentraCorp Members.

DecentraCorp seeks to out innovate the existing corporate structure by providing a better alternative. An alternative where anyone can be their own boss and spend their time working on the things that interest them. In line with this, DecentraCorp employes a Decentralized facilities model where anyone can start their own facility, working cooperatively and competitively with other DecentraCorp facilities.

DecentraCorp is a meritocracy where the individual is valued by the things he’s done for the corporation as a whole. Members earn promotional levels for every idea they patent or replicate while their facilities earn facility rankings that allow them to unlock facility upgrades based on their level of trust within the community. A facilities rank also plays a factor in if it receives funding from the community through the DecentraCorp smart contract.

The story of DecentraCorp:

A little over a year ago I was working a landscaping job and had very little programming experience. I had been involved in the CryptoSpace since around 2014 and had a small mining operation in a shed in my backyard that I called my lab. Bitcoin had been steadily breaking new all time highs and even the older people I knew where talking about it.
One day in the fall of 2017 I was having a discussion about bitcoin with my neighbor, who was old enough to be my father. While he didn’t know too much about the technical side, he had pointed out that the main problem with my “magic internet money” was that it couldn't easily be used in brick and mortar stores.

While this was a problem I have been aware of (as had most of the crypto community) this had, for whatever reason, got me thinking on the problem. At the time I had been playing around with Raspberry Pi’s and the solution I came up with was to use raspberry pi’s to make cryptocurrency Point of Sale machines to sell to local businesses.
I then realized there was the potential to build a business around such a machine. This idea burned in the back of my mind and kept getting better. I soon had another thought that it would be cool if my point of sale machines could somehow be used to mine Cryptocurrency. I started researching existing currencies and when I couldn’t find a suitable one I began designing my own: IdeaCoin.

For the months leading up to December of 2017 I had left the landscaping job and was doing part-time work with a cleaning company. During this time I had also been working on my idea. While working out how IdeaCoin would be mined I designed the CryptoPatent Blockchain the world’s only copy-left patent system built around the ideals of Open-Source. It was while I was designing the CryptoPatent Blockchain that DecentraCorp came to be.
Convinced by what i had designed, I quit my job and began working on DecentraCorp full time. Over the last year I have spent every waking moment not spent taking care of my kids or doing side work learning to program and building DecentraCorp.

More on the CryptoPatent Blockchain: The only copy-left patent system for open-source ideas

Intellectual property and Open-Source are two diametrically opposed philosophies on the ownership rights of ideas. On the one hand it stands to reason that the person who invents an idea deserves to be compensated for his time and efforts. It is the Inventors of the world who have taken mankind from a primitive species to space traveling cosmonaut. It is for this reason we have the concept of intellectual property.

While IP and patents are good for the inventor they are often detrimental to the development of an idea. When an Idea is guarded by a patent it becomes limited both in who can work on it and what other ideas it can be apart of. In their current form patents stifle all of humanity. This is where open-source provides an alternative.

Open-source was founded on the ideals that ideas should be freely shared. This started with the sharing of source code for software and has evolved into hardware and even open-source soda and beer movements. Open-Source has led the charge in putting the advancement of both technology and knowledge at the forefront of a market dominated by profit driven corporations. One needs to look no further than the many linux distros available for free and compare one to windows or OSX to see the true power behind open-source.

Its greatest strength however is also its greatest weakness. Open-source suffers from a funding problem. Most open-source projects rely on donations or an ad supported model. Most open-source developers do so in their free time while most of their more productive hours are spent on the Intellectual Properties of the aforementioned corporations.

There are many more problems and shortcomings to these two approaches and most would say they are completely incompatible.

I would now like to introduce the CryptoPatent Blockchain, the only copy-left patent system for open-source ideas.

With the CryptoPatent Blockchain it is now possible for an inventor or group of inventors to patent an open-source idea and have it remain entirely open-source! Better yet the patented idea and properly staked replications of it will be capable of mining IdeaCoin the cryptocurrency of DecentraCorp and the CryptoPatent Blockchain.

I don't want to get bogged down in the details here as there is a lot to this project but I am going to attempt to give a general overview of what it means to patent an idea on the CryptoPatent Blockchain.

The CryptoPatent Blockchain and the ideas on it are secured by DecentraCorp, the world's first Decentralized Autonomous Corporation.

The DecentraCorp alpha dApp(currently desktop only):

https://decentracorp.now.sh

DecentraCorp whitepaper:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DB80eWrGhVbJVL4lkGN7fRD_j6EfiaMO2TjNBImBdIs/edit?usp=sharing

Whitepaper for the CryptoPatent Blockchain:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Me8pn45kzBCucV-F1LyjYHv4LLBKWX6w

GitHub:

https://github.com/stan36/DecentraCorp

Thank you for your time and any input you may have.

If you are interested in helping out with DecentraCorp and the CryptoPatent Blockchain or just want to know more feel free to comment, pm or email me at decentracorp@pm.me!
encycrypto

Activity: 294
Merit: 53

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 01:49:10 AM

This isn't the right place to post this, brother. You won't get any serious suggestions from this board. Try posting this in Service Announcements or Altcoin Announcement section.
DecentraCorp (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:04:01 AM

thanks for the suggestion! im new on here so its greatly appreciated
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: