Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:24:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DASH investment  (Read 442 times)
Mac_Doson

Activity: 105
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 06:49:28 PM

I really do understand all the fuss about Dash, in my opinion is just another Altcoin but know how to differentiate their project better than others in the anonymous category. How many people have actually use Dash for transaction if no for trading and speculations
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 06:52:44 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2019, 07:03:01 PM by qwizzie

I really do understand all the fuss about Dash, in my opinion is just another Altcoin but know how to differentiate their project better than others in the anonymous category. How many people have actually use Dash for transaction if no for trading and speculations

Link : https://messari.io/onchainfx

This clearly shows Dash strength with number of active addresses, number of transactions and number of payments.
It also shows other cryptocurrencies weaknesses, cryptocurrencies like Monero, Bitcoin Cash (i suspect also Bitcoin SV) and Cardano are severly underperforming in this bear market.
As is XRP with regards to number of active addresses.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:02:50 PM

I think very few people are using Dash right now. It seems to me that this coin will die very soon. because nobody needs it

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:09:13 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2019, 07:22:57 PM by qwizzie

I think very few people are using Dash right now. It seems to me that this coin will die very soon. because nobody needs it

You have very strange thoughts, Dash has (beside Bitcoin and EOS) the highest number of payments, is used more and more as digital cash and has the strongest presence in Venezuela where people actually use Dash
to buy every day things to survice (food, drinks etc) : https://ambcrypto.com/exclusive-dash-dash-is-now-a-venezuela-favorite-traders-call-it-an-innovation/

Dash, is now the most used cryptocurrency in Venezuela, so much so that the adoption of Dash is more than the adoption of all other cryptocurrencies combined.

https://discoverdash.com/stats/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:20:37 PM

My idea would be DASH cause it can make fast real live payments like ...

Would you believe you can make instant payments with Bitcoin thru lightning. Not fast but instant. Just google to see one tutorial.  And guess why DASH have same? It is a copy/paste BTC clone that brings nothing new to crypto table. I would you suggest to "invest" in coins that are bringing something new. Something that Bitcoin will never have.

Oh please stop with the low quality FUD already Febo

All that charts are total bullshit. Do you want i start draw bitcoins charts? All of them will be 100 times higher. DASH is just pimped up Bitcoin it does not and it will never do anything better. Ever. No one will ever need it! This is a fact no matter how much you will try to discredit people saying it. I really dont understand what would matter if I am black or white. If I used Monero yesterday or euro. I tell people the truth.
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:30:21 PM

I think investing your money in the coins from the top 20 is the right decision! Moreover, now these coins are very cheap and the growth potential is very good. DASH and IOTA good coins
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:38:48 PM

I think investing your money in the coins from the top 20 is the right decision! Moreover, now these coins are very cheap and the growth potential is very good. DASH and IOTA good coins
Trading is not a simple task so we should not expect the profit in top 20 altcoin. But our investment is safe because these are never going to die in future at the same we will never expect the quick profit. I always recommend to token investment so Binance or some top trending tokens is the best choice.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 06:51:05 PM

Would you believe you can make instant payments with Bitcoin thru lightning. Not fast but instant. Just google to see one tutorial.  And guess why DASH have same? It is a copy/paste BTC clone that brings nothing new to crypto table. I would you suggest to "invest" in coins that are bringing something new. Something that Bitcoin will never have.

All that charts are total bullshit. Do you want i start draw bitcoins charts? All of them will be 100 times higher. DASH is just pimped up Bitcoin it does not and it will never do anything better. Ever. No one will ever need it! This is a fact no matter how much you will try to discredit people saying it. I really dont understand what would matter if I am black or white. If I used Monero yesterday or euro. I tell people the truth.

Charts dont lie, people lie. Specially you. First you totally disregard anything that Dash has accomplished so far, then you purposely overlook what differentiate Dash from Bitcoin and then you end up accusing Dash of being just a straight copy from Bitcoin.
You are just a big liar from a competing cryptocurrency which is clearly missing adoption, transactions and a primal use case (which by the way is not digital cash for Monero, no matter how hard you try to claim it is).

I call you a fanatic Monero supporter because that is your behaviour : attacking Dash in any Dash related topic and trying to switch people to Monero.  

konfuzius5278 (OP)

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 07:18:31 PM

The most important thing DASH can is sending in less then 2 sec with a small fee. Bitcoin tries to have with lightning network but it has to be working direct with BTC adresses in wallet, otherwise it will not work.

I like Monero earlier, but the only thing it can better then DASH is ASIC resistance.
Its too slow even with a 2 min block time.

And when you have Miningrigrental or Nicehash website its equal if a coin is ASIC resistence or not. Only solution there is POS (o maybe something complete new), but it will take time until people understand that and will get it in Top 20

For the german speaking community please visit my Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4uWvf8yNBVE39YYlI5N9Q
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 07:36:04 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2019, 09:30:12 PM by qwizzie

The most important thing DASH can is sending in less then 2 sec with a small fee. Bitcoin tries to have with lightning network but it has to be working direct with BTC adresses in wallet, otherwise it will not work.

I like Monero earlier, but the only thing it can better then DASH is ASIC resistance.
Its too slow even with a 2 min block time.

And when you have Miningrigrental or Nicehash website its equal if a coin is ASIC resistence or not. Only solution there is POS (o maybe something complete new), but it will take time until people understand that and will get it in Top 20

When v0.13 is fully activated on the network (within a few weeks), Dash will have automatic Instantsend on default for small transactions (4 inputs or less), which will be about 90% of Dash transactions. This will be without any additional fee.
In short, once actived 90% of Dash transactions (small transactions) will be sent and received within a few seconds on the network, immediately protected against doublespending and without any additional fees (just the normal low transaction fees).
This will strengthen Dash use case as being used by anyone as digital cash and specially in Venezuela this will prove very helpfull as small transactions are taking place a lot there.

Personally i rather have the network security that Dash ASIC miners provide, combined with Dash Chainlocks that provides protection against 51% attacks (https://blog.dash.org/mitigating-51-attacks-with-llmq-based-chainlocks-7266aa648ec9),
then having to hard fork a network every few months to block new ASIC miners on the network and thereby actually increase the risk on 51% attacks on that network (specially in a bearmarket where prices are low and its easy to just rent the hashpower).
Not only do consecutive hard forks scare off investors, they also encourage bad behaviour under miners (which is why Monero after having hard forked to ban ASIC miners before, is in the exact same situation now again).

This is a chart of the miningpools that are currently mining on the Dash network (GPU and ASIC miners) : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#!extraction

You can have ASIC miners and still have a nice spreadout of hashpower over different mining pools, you just need to encourage good behaviour.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 03:54:39 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2019, 04:28:53 PM by Febo

So far whenever i bought something i needed wallet. Not just with Lightning. I am sure progress might change that in future. Remember that Bitcoin is 10 years old and Lightning much much less. Maybe in future we will pay things just with out mind with one thought. Who knows. I am sure it will develop to be perfect.

As I said before Bitcoin with Lightning works instant. No seconds needed and fee is super tiny.

Charts dont lie, people lie. Specially you. First you totally disregard anything that Dash has accomplished so far, ..

I call you a fanatic Monero supporter because that is your behaviour : attacking Dash in any Dash related topic and trying to switch people to Monero.  

Charts are clear. Bitcoin is used everyday millions people use it. DASH is not used anywhere no one use it and no one will EVER use it.  What DASH accomplished so far is one of biggest scams in cryptocurency space. Everyone can google that it was detailed wrote about.

This is what I am talking about. You mention it in every single reply you make on my post.  I also eat pasta today so I wonder why you dont call me a fanatic pasta supporter.   But I know why you are doing this. Watch this short video and see: https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1058991043696345088

Oh and to be totally clear. No one should buy either Bitcoin or Monero if they dont have any use of it. But please do educate of them.  
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 07:41:35 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2019, 09:22:55 PM by qwizzie

Here is some more data for Febo to deny (he is in a bit of a denial phase right now) :

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-dash-xmr.html

Just disregard the high spikes, those were some stress tests to test if Dash can safely handle million of transactions with current blocksize
(Dash can handle 3 million transactions per day so far without any problems with its current 2mb blocksize).

Dash transactions are consistently 3 or 4 times higher then the number of transactions of Monero (just go through the dates in the link above).
Indicating that Monero is the one not being used much and is in fact consistently way way lower then Dash.

Traded volume between Dash and Monero : again a huge difference in volume between Dash daily traded volume and that of Monero daily traded volume :

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Proof of Dash transactions growth in 2019 :  http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html (Block/Trx Info)

Live feed of transactions as they occur on the Dash network (kinda cool to watch) : https://dashradar.com/graph

How can you discuss this though with a Monero guy that does not regnonice charts or data ? A Monero guy that just like to post in anything related to Dash and call it a scam project ?
A Monero guy that denies that Dash has any transactions at all? Any volume at all ? Any progress at all ? Any adoption at all ?
You cant discuss this with such a guy  .. nobody can.

Because such a guy is called a troll, and trolls dont listen to reason or logic. They just want to enforce their own view / opinion on others.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 08:59:39 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2019, 09:14:02 PM by qwizzie

Oh oh, Febo will not like this : https://dashnews.org/churchs-chicken-venezuela-offers-special-promotion-for-paying-with-dash/

Church’s Chicken Venezuela has announced a special promotion exclusively for customers paying in Dash, giving further incentive to use the country’s growing crypto-economy.

Global top-four chicken restaurant chain Church’s Chicken currently accepts Dash at 10 of their 13 Venezuelan locations. To further encourage the use of Dash as a payment option, the chain has begun a special promotion,
offering a free side of fries with any purchase of a combo meal if the customer pays with Dash. The promotion will run until the end of March.

The power of Dash : its fast, its secure, its cheap with regards to transaction fees and it gets highly attractive when used in combination with a discount or promotion.

Ains_sama

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 09:22:10 PM

investing in bitcoin is very good and if you are also caring to buy and invest in DASH it is much better, because I believe that dash will give you a huge profit.
AlekseyCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 09:25:49 PM

I agree more on investing in coins that have entered the top 20 in cryptocurrency because even though there is a risk of loss but they also have the potential for us to be able to get profits, so I agree that the investment in top 20 cryptocurrency coins.

I also think, because I am sure that only the strongest projects will survive in 2019 and we need to be very careful about investments.
evanescence

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 09:29:14 PM

I'm not so confident that DASH and other privacy coin will rise again soon.. take a look at Monero Ban from USA for example... privacy coin are not well viewed from countries and institutions...
Dash is not a real privacy coin. Their privacy features are poor compared to the competition, so they rebranded from Darkcoin to Digital Cash - and instant payments are now their #1 feature, which they excel at.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 09:33:47 PM

I agree more on investing in coins that have entered the top 20 in cryptocurrency because even though there is a risk of loss but they also have the potential for us to be able to get profits, so I agree that the investment in top 20 cryptocurrency coins.

I also think, because I am sure that only the strongest projects will survive in 2019 and we need to be very careful about investments.

Yep, the ICO hype is gone now and the next bullrun will most likely benefit cryptoprojects that shows real progress, real use cases, an active development team and a strong community.
The next bullrun will most likely be initiated from institutional investors that will want to invest longterm (years), so they want to make damn sure they invest in a good and healthy project.

It could even be first a selective altcoins bullrun, followed by a much larger Bitcoin (institutionalized) bullrun.

amos77978
Copper Member

Activity: 351
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 10:30:05 PM

Dear Users,

apart from trading small altcoins with some benefit with Masternodes (yeah you would call them shitcoins) I would like to invest some money in a Top 20 coin now cause of cheap prices.

My idea would be DASH cause it can make fast real live payments like seen in Venezuela and is in a way the mother of many small coins.

Alternative i thought about IOTA but I read here its a bit risky and technical not 100% finished.

Have you some points that you give towards are against them both and maybe also other alternatives (Yes I invest a few funds also in BTC...)

Thank you.

This is my first time of hearing about dash investment but i would rather invest on the coin that are a bit familiar with me like the bitcoin and the eth.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 11:00:00 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2019, 11:29:40 PM by qwizzie

Dear Users,

apart from trading small altcoins with some benefit with Masternodes (yeah you would call them shitcoins) I would like to invest some money in a Top 20 coin now cause of cheap prices.

My idea would be DASH cause it can make fast real live payments like seen in Venezuela and is in a way the mother of many small coins.

Alternative i thought about IOTA but I read here its a bit risky and technical not 100% finished.

Have you some points that you give towards are against them both and maybe also other alternatives (Yes I invest a few funds also in BTC...)

Thank you.

This is my first time of hearing about dash investment but i would rather invest on the coin that are a bit familiar with me like the bitcoin and the eth.

Dash funded Max Keiser "The GAP: Great American Pilgrimage” awhile back
Link : https://bitsonline.com/dash-keiser-baldwin-roadtrip/

That was in the midst of the 2017 bullrun i think, he still recommends Dash to this day. It shows the strength of Dash governance and budget system
(anyone can put a proposal to the Dash network, which masternode owners can vote over and provide funding or deny funding).

Link : https://www.dashcentral.org/budget

Even Roger Ver from Bitcoin Cash used Dash at one point and was pretty impressed with its speed : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PE-P0bax0A
We also have this market report from eToro from awhile back : https://dashnews.org/etoro-market-report-dash-is-acutely-undervalued-compared-to-other-coins/

Dash used to be named Darkcoin by the way, before getting rebranded to Dash. It was created in 2014 by Evan Duffield.

What is Dash?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0oNO3mbBE8&vl=en

Mac_Doson

Activity: 105
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:22:43 AM

Dash offers some unique features such as increase level of privacy and security and relatively lowere transaction fee.Dash is mainly known for its focus on private, secure and fast transactions, due to which large crypto enthusiasts were attracted by this coin all around the world.Dash coin is one of the crypto coin that can compete more with other altcoins that's why this coin has a brighter future.The investors has been increasing as they look this coin as a valuable and profitable. It will be one of the most valuable cryptocurrencies in the world. You can convert DASH to BTC from CoinSwitch at the best rates.

One major advantage is that Dash has got lot of promising ideas under its cap and some good team to back them up. So if they are successful with their ideas, they are definitely going to outshine other crypto.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: