Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:21:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a new crypto exchange take a place in the market?  (Read 328 times)
einax
Copper Member

Activity: 164
Merit: 40

einax.com

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 10:53:31 AM

I think if exchange have really greate customer support and they do some trading competitions with really great prizes then yes there is place in market for them . Thats the 2 main reasons most of the exchanges suck , they freeze funds and then you wait for 1-2 weeks to get answer from them . Binance so far is 1 of the best exchanges out there followed by Coinbase in my opinion . Communication with community is the key

I completely agree. Customer support and communication with customers is key for anyone who is willing to survive. Looking at the subject from the side of the exchange I can tell it's not an easy feat to achieve but neither security procedures nor size can be an excuse for being silent with the customer for a week. Customer first. Always.

spacelab (OP)

Activity: 528
Merit: 250

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 11:25:00 AM

What's the name of that new exchange?

Not sure if i should give up the name like that, but i hope he won't mind, it's Nominex
spacelab (OP)

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 04:35:53 PM

A week ago i've met a person, who's working on a new exchange. They've  been developing it for a couple of yers now and, from his words, it  seemed pretty cool. I can't say for sure whether i think it's a legit  idea or not. So, Is it possible for a new exchange to make it to the  top  or is it already monopolized and new projects and busineses are doomed in the whole industry?

Unless that particular person is willing to spend a ton of money on promoting, have a company that is registered in real life, and their exchange is able to provide pseudoanonymous accounts to people who aren't necessarily willing to verify their accounts, then no.

I think that the exchange space has honestly become quite saturated and this point, with Binance obviously holding the majority of the market share.

It'll be quite hard to take over that spot, or any other major exchanges for that matter, unless something major comes up. Just like how Binance took advantage of the downfall of poloniex and Bittrex, though even then, the marketing efforts that are needed are just way too costly to be afforded by any average exchange.

They are going to ake everyhting 100% legal and get registered not in an offshore country
spacelab (OP)

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 09:00:20 PM

I think if exchange have really greate customer support and they do some trading competitions with really great prizes then yes there is place in market for them . Thats the 2 main reasons most of the exchanges suck , they freeze funds and then you wait for 1-2 weeks to get answer from them . Binance so far is 1 of the best exchanges out there followed by Coinbase in my opinion . Communication with community is the key

I completely agree. Customer support and communication with customers is key for anyone who is willing to survive. Looking at the subject from the side of the exchange I can tell it's not an easy feat to achieve but neither security procedures nor size can be an excuse for being silent with the customer for a week. Customer first. Always.

Definately agree. Customer support is one of their main priorities
Ave_Maximus

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:40:23 PM

Yes, it can. F.e. changenow - it's not so old exchange service if I'm not mistaken, but it's a quite popular
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 04:55:26 AM

Yes, it can. F.e. changenow - it's not so old exchange service if I'm not mistaken, but it's a quite popular

i heared that changenow is already  a scam . that is the problem of new exchange , they attract people as much as they can and if people already earned thier  trust  that is also the time that they will exit .

you guys must be careful and dont easily trust new exchange . if you are eager to try them , dont put big amounts  . deposit only amount that you can afford to loose  . stay safe   ,
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 05:40:17 AM

Definately agree. Customer support is one of their main priorities

It might be really difficult at this time to introduce the new exchange though the scope can exists that in their country if their is no local good exchange than it can help to capture the local market. internationally it requires a lot of huge investment in the security and other features so might not be easy .

Ave_Maximus

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 08:07:03 PM

i heared that changenow is already  a scam . that is the problem of new exchange , they attract people as much as they can and if people already earned thier  trust  that is also the time that they will exit .

you guys must be careful and dont easily trust new exchange . if you are eager to try them , dont put big amounts  . deposit only amount that you can afford to loose  . stay safe   ,
I'm using it for a quite long time, without problems
Bostraticus

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 08:43:17 PM

Any exchange can be a scam. What do you say about Bittrex? They held my funds for some time without a reason, but now, fortunately, this is in the past. As for ChangeNOW, I have used it many times, and I see an advantage in that they do not require registration.
Matematic

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 09:12:30 PM

Yes, it's a quite young, but good service
ChangeNOW

Activity: 217
Merit: 17

ChangeNOW. Non-custodial and limitless exchange.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 09:25:06 PM

Hey there,

We understand your concern, but rest assured that the situation which involved a certain amount of scam accusations against us has been resolved and all the necessary steps have been taken to ensure that it never happens again - our KYC checks are now opt-out, so, if you wish to maintain your privacy, you can refuse with a refund, no strings attached.

▒ NOW token ▒ by ChangeNOW ▒ Get the WIN! ▒
ChangeNOW - an instant Non-custodial Exchange Service  (( changenow.io ))
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 10:33:52 AM

of course a new exchange can come onto the market and also gain a foothold.
however, with the quantity of projects it is difficult to appear serious and also to have enough stamina not to disappear immediately again in the sinking  Smiley
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 07:25:40 AM

I think that the exchange space has honestly become quite saturated and this point, with Binance obviously holding the majority of the market share.
One would think so, but still, quite a significant number of people continue to look for shitty exchanges while Binance by far is the best available option. It's retarded if you think about it, but it's the reality here.

I think that people like the idea of buying unknown coins the larger exchanges haven't listed yet. In most cases when these coins end up being listed, they pump hard and that may very well be what people are after. Greed it is.

People will only realize that it's foolish to use these exchanges when they go down with all of their funds. Unfortunately, losing funds is the only way people come to sense....

Again, there are already exchanges that dominate the provision of these widely "unknown" trading pairs as well.

Even though theoretically you could still make a new exchange, list new coins that no one else has listed, and in turn get some trading volume, it's going to cost a lot of money and effort. Who is going to come to your exchange to list their coins when there are tons of better alternatives?

I think that it's possible with lots of funding, a good team, actual innovation and entering in the market in an opportune time as I mentioned. But if these factors aren't satisfied then I don't think that it's feasible.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: