Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:10:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with FPGA's?  (Read 307 times)
MZ4 (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 86

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 11:31:12 PM

It would be very helpful for me to know your experience mining with an FPGA. 
I am interested to buy a CVP-13 and I would like to know if it worths it?
Also what should be careful before or after buying it?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:12:07 AM
Merited by MZ4 (2)

fpga lack the type of coins you can mine.  Your pretty much gota buy somebodies bitstream to mine some shitcoins that you have to sell and hope it has some liquidity.

Coins like grin/beam will have early gpu access and fpga/asics will lag behind. 

In mining,  getting in early is more important than getting in later and hashing more.  Something to keep in mind.

I think it would be nice to have one fpga at least to play with.  I wouldn't build a farm with it until they start having good coin bitstreams to mine with.

MZ4 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:37:12 AM

fpga lack the type of coins you can mine.  Your pretty much gota buy somebodies bitstream to mine some shitcoins that you have to sell and hope it has some liquidity.

Coins like grin/beam will have early gpu access and fpga/asics will lag behind. 

In mining,  getting in early is more important than getting in later and hashing more.  Something to keep in mind.

I think it would be nice to have one fpga at least to play with.  I wouldn't build a farm with it until they start having good coin bitstreams to mine with.

Thank you for your answer. Do you know which algos can be mined with the FPGA's?
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:25:04 PM

This link may help:
http://zetheron.com/index.php/fpga-performance-profit/
badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 04:13:49 PM

I have a BlackMiner F1 and its shit coin miner.  Making $6-$4 its going to take over 500 days to break even.  It was making $7-$10 before the coin forked.  But they seem to come out with new bitstreams often so we will see what the future holds.
MZ4 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:23:56 PM

Thank you, I have checked it. Based on this link a CVP would make more that $14-$15 with the current Bitstreams. No?
MZ4 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:26:44 PM

I have a BlackMiner F1 and its shit coin miner.  Making $6-$4 its going to take over 500 days to break even.  It was making $7-$10 before the coin forked.  But they seem to come out with new bitstreams often so we will see what the future holds.

When you say shit coins? Like what? Does those coins have market to resell it to btc or fiat?
Thank you.
bswilmington

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 02:12:30 AM

Thank you, I have checked it. Based on this link a CVP would make more that $14-$15 with the current Bitstreams. No?

Keep in mind that those earnings was over a month ago and BTC was $500 more then.  From my understanding profits has dropped.  I'm interested in them also, but until more bitstreams and honestly some more competition comes to market I don't see them mainstream yet.  Now if you know how to write bitstreams, or can source private ones, maybe a different story.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: