Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:06:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we not abusing decentralization?  (Read 1909 times)
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 09:54:57 AM

Actually, we are not abusing decentralization, we are abusing the concept of it. For somethings, there is no need for decentralization.

By the way, anybody wants to invest in my decentralized bakery? Smiley
What is different? sometimes decentralization is indeed very beneficial for one's privacy. but it is actually prone to fraud. in a decentralized, belief is number 1, people are sometimes reluctant to transact with someone like an invest because they don't know the identity of the owner?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:29:37 PM

As the decentralization has provided with the easy access for dark web needs, it isn't abusing decentralization. It is upto the user who make use of it, even with the fiat large scale illegal activities happen than that happening through bitcoin as well other digital currencies. When one has got good in it surely it'll have negative side as well.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 06:22:33 AM

As the decentralization has provided with the easy access for dark web needs, it isn't abusing decentralization. It is upto the user who make use of it, even with the fiat large scale illegal activities happen than that happening through bitcoin as well other digital currencies. When one has got good in it surely it'll have negative side as well.

No mate . decentralization dont help users to access the darkweb easily  .  it needs a special tools  ( e.g tor/onion browser )  to dive into the deepweb  .  bitcoin and crypto only influence the darkweb because both are anonymous  . you are right  .  its up to the user if he will abuse cryptos  but this should not be a big issue because even fiats or any other payment methods do already being abused by the people who use it .
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 06:44:42 AM

You should know that every development have it advantage and disadvantage and the scams and all the other negative activities in the bitcoin/blockchain is one of those negative aspect of the development and Santoshi himself will have for seen this coming also but we can not deny the fact that decentralization has made total freedom in the financial system possible in this generation.
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 07:43:12 AM

No mate . decentralization dont help users to access the darkweb easily  .  it needs a special tools  ( e.g tor/onion browser )  to dive into the deepweb  .  bitcoin and crypto only influence the darkweb because both are anonymous  . you are right  .  its up to the user if he will abuse cryptos  but this should not be a big issue because even fiats or any other payment methods do already being abused by the people who use it .

I dont think dark web have relation with bitcoin. Bitcoin only a tool that people used for transaction but i dont think this is become issue. Bitcoin is peer to peer payment system and some people need anonymity on their transaction and i think its legal. Abused if bitcoin used for criminal activity.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:58:48 PM

The user is still responsible for what is happening to his accounts.
Though we are not free from those illegal activities, we can just minimize our risk of being part of it.
This side of business, which is crypto, is really hard to regulate because it was created not to have one.
kvipcn

Activity: 255
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 01:16:02 AM

I believe you don't understand what the word decentralization means. if you did, you will know that decentralization is like democracy; people are in charge of whatever  they do on a decentralized platform.  What people need to understand and know it that, with this freedom provided by decentralization, you are in charge of your own safety on this platforms.
kyucryp

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 03:44:11 AM

all things in this world are easily misused by everyone including crypto currencies. the aim of creating crypto currencies is that everyone can manage their assets safely and very confidentially. but all systems, including crypto, are easily misused for personal gain and that is done by bad people. we cannot avoid misuse of a decentralized crypto system. however, we can prevent this abuse by making a more stringent security system.

Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 05:30:32 AM

Decentralization is one of the greatest dreams of Satoshi looking at the how the blockchain technology and its immutable distributed ledger has been designed. Well it saddens my heart that the greed of men has led to the abusing of this freedom and liberty that Satoshi wanted us to have in the financial industry. Look at the way people are being scammed and robbed in broad day light just because crypto is embedded in anonymity and decentralization. I think we've all had it to the peak, how about we have some level of regulation with the activities in the crypto industry. Share your thoughts commrades.
Decentralized cryptocurrency is not really perfect yet. However, she is only ten years old and continues to evolve. In my opinion, you should not destroy its main achievement - decentralization just because it still has security vulnerabilities. In addition, the regulation of cryptocurrency by moving to the centralized principle of its existence does not solve this problem anyway. Cryptocurrency abuses still remain. While there is no need to hurry anywhere, let a decentralized cryptocurrency develop.

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 06:46:56 AM

Decentralization is one of the greatest dreams of Satoshi looking at the how the blockchain technology and its immutable distributed ledger has been designed. Well it saddens my heart that the greed of men has led to the abusing of this freedom and liberty that Satoshi wanted us to have in the financial industry. Look at the way people are being scammed and robbed in broad day light just because crypto is embedded in anonymity and decentralization. I think we've all had it to the peak, how about we have some level of regulation with the activities in the crypto industry. Share your thoughts commrades.

I have been saying this all along. There are many advantages of decentralization but decentralization could not contain the bad side of human nature so much so that we had seen people being robbed on the broad daylight digitally and has been the big reason why cryptocurrency has become the scammers' paradise. I am sure millions if not billions of money have had been lost to scams and failed projects in this industry. Decentralization then without constraints can be a bad thing since many will be taking advantage of this for their own benefits and at the big expense of innocent people robbed of their hard-earned money. The whole industry has to be doing something concrete about this problem.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 01:27:47 PM

We are not. Decentralization of cryptocurrency is an advantage for the cryptos itself. It is good that no one handles and manages it just like government. This financial industry and digital money world is good for everyone of us especially when we are smarter. You will be only scammed when you have ignorance in your head. Just be informative in every step you take.
bornforfreedom

Activity: 203
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:50:38 AM

I think about this all the time especially with all the new projects that are coming out. We are forgetting the true goal of cryptocurrency and instead making it closer to the current state of fiat money. The only project that I know about and am truly looking forward to that doesn't sacrifice decentralization and is the truest form of crypto imo will be Ampleforth. Currently in testnet but they will be someone to watch closely.
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 07:24:09 AM

Decentralization is a very important aspect on the cryptocurrency market. I do not see any form of abuse in the decentralized system of cryptocurrency. Decentralization offers a system that can not be controlled by banks, governments or other institutions. The fact that people invest in ghostly ICO projects does not mean that people are abusing the decentralized system to trick people. Scammers are everywhere and in real life. We need to be very careful when we choose to invest. Guilt is with us. Nothing is easy in this world. Decentralization offers us many advantages and does not design the crypto market without decentralization.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
MiguelCryptoss

Activity: 244
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 07:36:10 AM

Decentralization is a one great attributes of cryptocurrency in general but it's such a shame scammers has capitalized of that and turned it to there advantage there by unleashing mayhem.
But I think with sto security token offering replacing initial coin offering this would be that form of regulations we need
That is why the world remain static because there are those who are chosen to fight the good ones and turn them to be bad. STO to replace ICO is such a shame to the world of Freedom and transparency as such destroy the savior (Bitcoin)
@Hakermania@

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 10:03:29 PM

"decentralization" is one of the most exploited themes, often exploited by fraudsters to raise funds and disappear. it's also abused from another point of view: decentralization = freedom and centralization = evil .. I think these associations are wrong: I think the truth lies in the middle, the world needs both in the right balance

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 12:40:35 AM

Completely agree with you, mate. It depends on the individual itself rather than the decentralized design of any cryptocurrency. In the same way the Internet can be used for both good and evil things, cryptocurrencies are similar. Sometimes, decentralization brings its risks as there isn't a centralized authority. Anyone can do anything to their own will, since cryptocurrencies provide freedom. While this is true, it's still possible to control the level of illegal activity with the implementation of proper regulatory measures by the government.

As such, decentralization is a double-edged sword that can either benefit or destroy you. What's important is to be responsible at all costs, to avoid many undesired situations in the future. The only thing which I consider to be an abuse of decentralization though, is the creation of many useless Bitcoin forks with the purpose of enriching the developers.

Other than that, the decentralized nature of crypto will do fine for a couple of years from now. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
septi.JR

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 12:16:00 PM

very regrettable, I really like the idea satoshi nakatomo in decentralization, people steal because there is such a large and easy value in making transactions, with decentralization all trade only requires historical orders, misused technology

````````````````██
```````````````████
``````````````██████``█
`````````````▓▓██████`██
````````````▓▓▓██████████
```````````▓▓▓▓▓██████████
``````````▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████
`````````███████████████████
````````█████████████████████
```````███████████████████████
`````██████████████████████████
````███████████``````███████▓▓▓▓
```████████████``````███████▓▓▓▓▓
``█████████████``````█████████▓▓▓▓
`████████``````````````````████████
█████████``````````````````█████████
█████████``````````````````██████████
``█████████████``````██████████████
`````██████████``````███████████
````````███████``````████████
```````````███████████████
``````````````█████████
Greentoken
ROCKZ
|
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 12:57:29 PM

We are not. Decentralization of cryptocurrency is an advantage for the cryptos itself. It is good that no one handles and manages it just like government. This financial industry and digital money world is good for everyone of us especially when we are smarter. You will be only scammed when you have ignorance in your head. Just be informative in every step you take.

We are not violating decentralization for now. Crypto and bitcoins are not in control of anybody and therefore everything is still decentralized. However we see often steps being taken to make crypto regularized. If there are regulations introduced in crypto worldwide, then it can really damage the decentralization nature of crypto currencies.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 01:22:03 PM

Yes we are abusing it . when people discovered that crypto is decentralized , they are starting to like it  because they were also suck at using centralized currencies  .

they knew that when they used centralized currencies , the government and banks are only benefiting the most  .   

We abused decentralized in a good way   . theres nothing wrong with that  , so dont worry 
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 01:35:07 PM

yeah you are right, we know that bitcoin and cryptocurrency has decentralized system, and i think that it is the features and i think it can be the weapon ti shoot cryptocurrency itself, so i think that we should know about this, the benefit of the decentralized system and the disadvantage of the decentralized system

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: