Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:20:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MEW Android Wallet  (Read 470 times)
Pffrt (OP)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 08:58:59 AM

Is myetherwallet android trusted? I never used it and I didn't know about it till now. Recently I got it from a telegram group. Is this app official? Can I use it with faith? Please share your experience with this app.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:15:40 AM

Yes, it's an official app for myetherwallet that helps you secure your funds, check this link for more detail: https://mewconnect.myetherwallet.com, scroll down and check the play store link, it's same as your image, anyway I don't have experience because I never use this app.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:33:31 AM

When did this app started? Havent heard of it since then probably I was too busy with something else but this could be a good app and I hope this is legir. For now I will still use the site until I see good feedbacks and I'll do some research about this.
shakesbear

Activity: 684
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:42:24 AM

Yes, this is the official app, but yesterday there was a very interesting article about your question, according to a survey of 40% of people chose a fake app in the GooglePlay store. Always check the information, even if the reviews say that it is 100% trusted application.
https://medium.com/myetherwallet/mobile-crypto-wallets-explained-the-matryoshka-edition-65d4da37c0c0

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:50:46 AM

I was surprised to see this android MEW for first time its a welcome development while I knew that of andriod blockchain wallet if its real however we should be cautious of phishing sites which is becoming more rampant where hackers clones many sites to steal coins from unsuspecting owners.
bitcoinm3ster

Activity: 409

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:59:50 AM

Is myetherwallet android trusted? I never used it and I didn't know about it till now. Recently I got it from a telegram group. Is this app official? Can I use it with faith? Please share your experience with this app.

It looks like not be safe. Now, there are many scam applications in Android and IOS. You should be carefull with them and if want to use it, check information and review carefully

shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:01:41 AM

I was surprised to see this android MEW for first time its a welcome development while I knew that of andriod blockchain wallet if its real however we should be cautious of phishing sites which is becoming more rampant where hackers clones many sites to steal coins from unsuspecting owners.

Official release of MEW Android wallet happened recently, on January 10. On Twitter mew and on their page on medium there is an article about it.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:31:08 AM

why would you even want an "app" for MyEtherWallet? when it is a webpage itself! instead of installing something which may have different types of bugs compared to that webpage that is tested more, you should simply use that same webpage in your android phone. simply open up myetherwallet.com and do your business there.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:34:54 AM

It looks like not be safe. Now, there are many scam applications in Android and IOS. You should be carefull with them and if want to use it, check information and review carefully

I think iOS has been the safest App Store for mobile phones
So if you can confirm this app on the apple store, you are safe

But you can look up the articles posted above to aid us all too

Why not use in token app or trust wallet ?
Just my view though
axel2078

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:27:01 AM

This is the official wallet of MEW released for andriod, I am very excited about this issue when I can access MEW easily on my phone. Also I am looking forward to an update for IOS in the future

akitha

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:52:42 AM

the app is for convenience, but the web wallet is still the best..as long as the pk and keystore is keep properly

CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:54:01 AM

I just found out if there is an Android version of MEW, which I know MEW has only a website version and does not have an application, and if there is definitely a download link is stored on the myetherwallet website but until now it is not there, we can be sure it is fake

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
nonik

Activity: 367

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:08:01 PM

I recently heard that there is an Android MEW wallet, in my opinion if there is an Android application it will certainly make it easy for us to control the stored altcoin, but there is a good thing to learn first because there is still more or less, but this does not rule out there are many users considering that the users of MEW are very many.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
rencong bitcoin

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

MoonDeFi

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:14:20 PM

I am not sure, maybe you are good you try to communicate with them and ask about the application, until now I am sure and feel comfortable with the IMtoken application as my fund storage tool, and I have never heard that myetherwallet has provided an android application.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:25:09 PM

I think that it is trusted because Google play verifies each app and they will not approve some phishing app. And also if this is true, information on MEW about the app should be posted, so find it here.
a4illusionist

Activity: 365
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:26:56 PM

Never heard of this app before. Won't try it after being absolutely sure. Let the time pass and if it gets fame which it would if it is good enough and if its official and that would be the time that i'll try it.

_____VIMee_____
The VIMee Social Platform
Salauddin1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 01:05:02 PM

I'm just confused now, MEW mobile app not be used properly because many people can make MEW app fake if they make many people lose their lot of money, I think the best is that you can use MEW web version. myetherwallet
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 01:06:20 PM

If it is true then why I haven't heard a single article for its launch or a public announcement or even an advertisment. How ironic that MEW is one of the most popular digital wallet in the industry but made an app version in secrecy. So weird Huh Well, maybe I'm just overthinking so I think much better if I verify it for myself.

If ever this is true, then I will definitely use it because it was ERC20 token supported.
Pffrt (OP)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 01:27:44 PM

Seems like it's legit and official.

@Red Apple
I find website quite slower from mobile although I rarely use it. Also, I asked about this app because today I have seen a guy using it and I need to be confirmed whether it is official or not. That's why I have asked here.
charlop24
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 01:50:30 PM

why would you even want an "app" for MyEtherWallet? when it is a webpage itself! instead of installing something which may have different types of bugs compared to that webpage that is tested more, you should simply use that same webpage in your android phone. simply open up myetherwallet.com and do your business there.

The website is not free from bugs and I've witnessed and had several cases of hacks and phishing on the website which resulted in loss of funds. I prefer using an official android app which is less likely to be hacked and phishing can be eliminated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: