Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:56:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Distribution of tokens in installments  (Read 591 times)
rencong bitcoin

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

MoonDeFi

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 04:09:06 AM

I thought it was a new and exact method that the dev had done, it was anticipated that there would be no big sales, so the dev would be easier to stabilize prices, but I see the method only done on a few projects, I hope that done on all projects.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
martabaktelor

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 04:09:43 AM

With the condition of the Crypto market currently still very low. So that it can be a good solution to keep the price of tokens stable. Previously there was an ATLANT project that was distributed every month and is currently still running.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 04:17:06 AM

at this time I receive the distribution of tokens for one of the projects in stages, the distribution is done every month at 10% of the number of tokens that I get, what is the purpose of all this?
is this one way to stabilize prices?

The staggered distribution of the tokens that you earned is done of course in order to control the sale of the same with different exchanges (am assuming it is already available in the exchange) and can be because in our experience there is a strong possibility of dumping once the tokens are already in our hands. Though bounty hunters' holdings just comprise not more than 5% of the total available tokens still people behind a project can be afraid of strong dumping. Nowadays, the market is not getting very good for many ICO projects especially the new ones...and this is the reason why people are looking for something much better like the STO which many are demanding to replace the usual ICO.
Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 04:45:56 AM

I have ever met, such a thing is done to measure the time, besides that the team did it to avoid a dramatic drop in prices.

CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 04:57:01 AM

at this time I receive the distribution of tokens for one of the projects in stages, the distribution is done every month at 10% of the number of tokens that I get, what is the purpose of all this?
if what you mean is a bounty distribution, I think that is one of the efforts of the dev to stabilize prices in the market
I also got a project like that, he distributed tokens every month for 18 months, but it cannot be relied upon to stabilize the price of tokens, because inevitably the price of tokens always goes down, especially in the current market conditions

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
siena23

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 05:07:24 AM

Maybe it could be a solution so that the price of tokens does not go down. But it's better to just ask the project team what the purpose of the distribution is in stages. Maybe that includes the project team's plans or goals.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
RasenShuriken

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 05:12:16 AM

it's better than a coin whoever make the distribution in 4 months because they really wanted to make sure there will be no dumps on their tokens. You have to be grateful.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 05:15:35 AM

I have not heard of such a new knowledge on the part of the ICO team. Of course, this may be logical in order not to devalue the new token. I even better agree that the ICO team immediately pays out all the tokens and then blocks it for 6-8 months. I would know that the tokens are in my wallet. And this is how much work, the number of transactions increases exactly ten times. Here they will surely confuse something, there will be many complaints. No, this is a bad way to depreciate the token, it is unlikely to take root.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Darklinkz

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:03:23 AM

It's clearly decided for that reason.  But 10% or not, I don't think you can trade them for a lot of profit because almost the new listed coins has no volume at all and sellers dominate it and it just get dumped harder.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:45:20 AM

It is probably to prevent the bounty hunters from dumping. Many projects believe that hunters are responsible for selling at cheap prices and this method of paying in installment is their way to prevent that from happening. The team may have other reasons, you should ask them directly.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:39:54 AM

Its one of the way for the developers to prevent a sudden huge drop, it's important to keep the value high especially when just launched on the exchanges, usually the developers will distribute the token in several waves, but this seems like a better way, but the developers need to pay attention to the length, if its too long I am sure the bounty hunters will complain
Ociwiw

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:57:34 AM

It seems to me that projects are trying to test their tokens in action and see how they behave in the market!
qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:08:06 AM

I have also experienced this, the project was canceled not once a month but every 3 months it was distributed. This is actually the purpose of the project. But with this method actually I also do not agree because the bounty hunter also doesn't get much tokens from the project.

Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:09:08 AM

Well,  i don't see this as any huge difference,  however,  i think the only thing/opportunity this offers is an assurance of getting the due rewards after doing the work expected.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 09:05:08 AM

In that case, we really do nothing about it. But to accept, unlike they never give the payments, isn't right?
The reason of course why they made that decision is really to avoid dumping the price value of their token, probably they are afraid for that.
But even they don't apply it, the price will still get dump whether they like it or not, because this is trading business industry.
Chibongvdg

Activity: 561
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 09:24:30 AM

I think it's a good way to distribute coins. Just as Deeponion did during the period they conducted their bounty campaign / airdrop distribution. Every week Only 10% of the coins you can sell, when you exceed the limit, you will be removed from the whole campaign. In this way the extreme dump of their coins was avoided and the price went on high stage
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 09:54:35 AM

Yes, it is also their way to stabilize the prices. It is still fine as long as you receive all your payment even if you receive it every month but of course we all know that it is still better to get all hard work at one-time payment, but we just need to just accept their rules.
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 10:19:41 AM

Why people think that bounty participants is the ones that dump the price . I can name so many projects where bounty distribution was made same time with ICO participants and price didn't even dump . And there is projects out there like Elysian who still didn't distribute bounty tokens , but price is already down 99% from ICO price =D
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 12:53:35 PM

Why people think that bounty participants is the ones that dump the price . I can name so many projects where bounty distribution was made same time with ICO participants and price didn't even dump . And there is projects out there like Elysian who still didn't distribute bounty tokens , but price is already down 99% from ICO price =D
This a myth that bounty hunters can dump the price) IMHO great projects will nly grow after reaching the market, because of demand of people who couldn't buy on the ICO. If project is bad, and ICO team doing strange things and late with the development this wouldn't help at all)

mirawantirinjana (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 12:54:08 PM

I bet you are talking about LYFE project, based on the data that I gathered from the team and the participant. They did that in order to avoid any dumpage from the bounty hunters. but from the other side(bounty hunter point of view), they did this because they wanted to minimize the cost.
there are so many reasons why would they do that, logically speaking. If they wanted to stabilize the price, they could pay them(the hunters) with BTC or ETH directly. But they did not, does not that mean they did it on purpose?
Grin Grin
finally, someone can guess it, yes I still think positively until now, I hope they make the right strategy to prevent falling prices at the current market situation.

Thank you for strengthening my confidence in the project.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: