Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:24:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Distribution of tokens in installments  (Read 591 times)
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:52:09 PM

at this time I receive the distribution of tokens for one of the projects in stages, the distribution is done every month at 10% of the number of tokens that I get, what is the purpose of all this?
is this one way to stabilize prices?
Of course, if they distributed all the coins at once, then the bounty hunters would all start selling and because of this the price would have fallen greatly.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
MasterCATZ

Activity: 426
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 10:50:57 PM

I think this is not the best solution, it would be much better to distribute tokens within a month or two, and to do it in equal amounts, the results would not get worse.
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 11:52:44 PM

at this time I receive the distribution of tokens for one of the projects in stages, the distribution is done every month at 10% of the number of tokens that I get, what is the purpose of all this?

It seems like it's their way to try to make the coin stable, but they are wrong, unfortunately this will only worsen the situation of the coin, thus disrupting supply and demand of those markets. If they just want it to be stable, then just make it paired with Tether, it's simple  Cheesy
bezzler

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:32:23 AM

That might be the reason behind that distribution wave, I believe they are worried if they distribute the coins in one go, then the bounty participant being too hurried to sell all the coins they get without even thought what will happen to the coins if they dump it.
glasbren

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:49:21 AM

The reason behind that way of distribution is good, but i think it won't change any fact if the project isn't good enough. just like an old project that also distributing the reward in several times. Right now the price of the coins are so low. so it really sad for everyone who are waiting until all the coins distributed, since at that time, the price is so much dropping already.
Afiqa03

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:15:32 AM

It could be true to stabilize the conditions that occur at this time, some tokens that initially have high selling value. but with the conditions that occur in exchange almost all go down. and you are still lucky to get distribution even though not at once. Because many projects delay distribution by waiting for stable conditions.
Snaic

Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:31:42 AM

I do not think that this method of payment for the services of bounty hunters will take root in the future. Instead of one transaction, ICO teams will do ten. It is easier to transfer the entire amount of tokens at once and block wallets for some time, as others do.
Yes, ICO teams are very inventive.

baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 10:55:05 AM

It is very good that the tokens are distributed in tranches. So the price stabilizes and there will be no price drops in the near future. This type of project encourages the holders to keep a certain percentage of the coins for a long period of time for certain benefits. This will increase the price. I encourage this kind of strategy.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Volk-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:07:11 AM

Most likely this is an assessment of how the price of coins will behave in such a market!
cryptobae10

Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 11:10:45 AM

It is an attempt to stablize prices and it started this year, we have to wait and see if it works out
To me, i see it as a waste of time because as an investor, you do not expect me to make full payment and be sent tokens in percentages
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:21:56 AM

I do not think that this method of payment for the services of bounty hunters will take root in the future. Instead of one transaction, ICO teams will do ten. It is easier to transfer the entire amount of tokens at once and block wallets for some time, as others do.
Yes, ICO teams are very inventive.
Perhaps, if this new approach will work out and finally the said coin will not suffer after the listing for sure most or all the developers will follow
this lead, but reality wise, this should not be happening as teams allocate small amount of funds for bounty and it should not affect the entire
collected funds for developing and supporting the coins when it's already been listed.

Experimental period for another twist of developers distributions of tokens.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:26:49 AM

In my opinion the main reason is to prevent sharp dumps made by investors and bounty hunters during this crypto winter. I knew some projects with same distribution model and unfortunately it didn't bring nothing except misunderstanding and discontent of community.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:32:30 AM

I have experienced bad things with the current situation where the distribution didn't work because the team turned out to be runaway and everything was not as expected. Nowadays, there are lots of people who die
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 11:52:17 AM

Distributing tokens or coins on installments after ico is it bad practice in my perspective because it does not really protect the project or the investors and it is only delaying the inevitable especially for projects that fear it done. So for legit projects that have very good they won't be worried about lockup or instrumental release of tokens what they will be more focused about if development of their platform and bringing it to full implementation.
It is better for a project to hold up all in tokens for a period of time and then release it all together than to be releasing it instrumental it's only just the project back.

Yoo

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:54:37 AM

Ha ha ha. . I know the bounty program that you mean.  Grin Grin Grin

Actually, I don't like gradual distribution like this. Yeah, I know the team's purpose is to keep the price from being dumped because the bounty hunter sells all his tokens. But, I think it still can't make the price of the token stable and pump, even the price of tokens is dump before being distributed to bounty hunters.

Yeah, I think this is not the right way. they better distribute everything and lock tokens for bounty hunter. it will make their work easier and for bounty hunters it will be calmer because bounty hunters have received all tokens.

Ucheman
Copper Member

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 12:05:21 PM

From a bounty Hunter's perspective, I really do not care for this new style that project owners are using, I have had to hold 4 different tokens against my will because they are locked for as long as 6 months, this is not fair at all, it should be a choice especially for those bounties that do not announce this at the early stage of the bounty.
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 12:51:21 PM

I think it is not a solution to stabilize their altcoin because it is not a matter of quantity but the quality of the project so that its value increases.
most of the projects will end with a lot of rules made by dev every month in order to reduce the distribution of bounty participants.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 01:05:46 PM

Paying in installment mode is a lot better than not being paid at all. Bounty managers are really experimenting on new strategies to avoid dump after payment. Some already tried the KYC that I think most bounty hunters do not want. So, they have tried the installment scheme which I think is good for the token price to be  stable and give the token a chance to increase its price. This I think is a two-way benefits.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:18:31 PM

I think the only purpose of such a distribution of tokens among the participants is an attempt to stabilize the price of the asset. In order to reduce the risk of a sharp fall in prices due to the sale of a large number of tokens.
accounting 181293

Activity: 662
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:22:07 PM

I think the only purpose of such a distribution of tokens among the participants is an attempt to stabilize the price of the asset. In order to reduce the risk of a sharp fall in prices due to the sale of a large number of tokens.

yes you're right this way is good for preventing a bounty hunter dump. but still if later they don't have trading volume the price will still fall. so this is only a way to delay large dump.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: