Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:52:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Short-term or long-term investment?  (Read 853 times)
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:02:39 PM

both are good, but my advice is better short term. remember the market is currently bad. Long term will only make you more worried about the market conditions. maybe there are still many good coins for long-term holdings such as bitcoin, ethereum and others. but that does not guarantee that there is no other fall before the big pump. so it's better to trade daily for this year.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Colan Zolo

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

https://saturn.black

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:13:38 PM

Follow market movements and learn well to find the right coins for the long term and short-term investments. One of the steps must indeed be able to be studied properly so that it can reduce the risks that are large. I think all coins are good for investment if you can manage and use opportunities well.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:17:51 PM

A small portion of your portfolio can also be stable coin, It protects your investment but your profit might not be significant. The choice of where to invest is the toughest challenge of the space in the bear market. Bittorent that looks like the best ICO in recent days can be in a terrible dump in subsequent weeks. It is not pessimism,it is the nature of the market now. The only advantage now is buying at the bottom or close to the bottom, you risk for loss is very low

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Prettymie

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:31:34 PM

I want to invest with $ 2000, and I will choose 5 altcoins. Maybe one of them is Cardano. Is the short term more likely to gain profit or vice versa with the long term? Thank you.

I don't think that we have good coins that will be profitable in doing a short term investment as the market has lesser demand daily. If the price of bitcoin will dumps to a new bottom this will makes those many altcoins suffer more losses which is not good for those long term holder. Invest only to the amount that you can afford to hold longer until the bull run.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:41:15 PM

I think that if you invest in top10 altcoins you can do both... prices are very low so if market will rise again you can make short term profits and maybe sell just part of your gains and hold the other part for long term investment.
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:34:36 PM

I want to invest with $ 2000, and I will choose 5 altcoins. Maybe one of them is Cardano. Is the short term more likely to gain profit or vice versa with the long term? Thank you.
It is too difficult for you to invest in the short term in the current market. The market is too bad and goes down all the time, It's best to buy and hold for at least 3-6 months if you want to see some profit in your account

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:46:53 PM

Actually it all depends on what you have planned. If you think about getting profits every day, of course you have to have a short-term investment. so that the funds can be quickly invested elsewhere. And if you invest in the long term, of course you think which coin is suitable for long-term investment.

tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:47:04 PM

If you trade well, you can make money from trading, with me if I don't trade well, I will hold that coin, holding it is easier than trading because we just need to keep it and have to choose a good time to buy it
TechComputer

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:49:58 PM

I prefer short term investment because you can get your profit or loss as soon as you leave it behind. Long term investment is for the greed.
anjohyx

Activity: 451

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:05:59 PM

Look like you is a new cryptocurrency investor, my suggestion is don't tried short term unless you know that what are you doing, look like short term allow to gain quickly profit, but it's also easy to burn all of your funds, then i prefer long term investment in current market situation.

khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:16:37 PM

If you are not experienced trader then I will say that buying and holding will be the best suite for you especially since the whole market is in a huge dip so it is a really good chance to pick up bags in some strong coins, there is a lot of strong coins in a dip right now besides Cardano I will not recommend any but you can simply make a fast search and you can easily come up with 5 coins and split your initial capital on them that will be better than put all in one basket.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:59:36 PM

non the of the above at the moment.. market is still down..just hodling my tokens till now

Yes! I am also holding my altcoin for still bad market. He asked for investment in five altcoin. ADA is one of those. Maybe he like ADA coin very much. I have ADA also. ADA coin can be increase price and other coin like EOS, NEO also can be increase.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
sends1

Activity: 756
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 04:00:37 PM

actually both are very good if managed properly. If you want to get quick profits, short-term investments are more suitable and vice versa
vindermarch

Activity: 392

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 04:08:45 PM

If you don't want to take risks, long-term investment is the best choice. Short-term investments are very risky except you have skills in trading.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
paulk11087

Activity: 987
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 04:09:16 PM

In the meantime, you can definitely get nice profits with short trades. People just want to earn a lot of money in a short time. I find it more appropriate to make solid progress rather than doing so.
MualanMaulana

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 04:12:49 PM

in my opinion, for now the right choice is to invest in the long term. because for now making short term investments is not a good idea. You can buy coins like ethereum or bitcoin
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 04:18:50 PM

Just do intraday trade, for right now holding coin is worthless if you don't know about where it will go. Better you find a man who can teaching you about basic trading, like Money Management, technical and some Psychology.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
ObroQ

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 04:32:16 PM

If you are a good trader, with the current market conditions i guess you can try a short term investment, if not it's better to invest for long term. Both scenarios present risks but for me ( i am not a good day trader ) the long term investment feels a bit more secure even though i am aware that the coins i have can fall in a glimpse.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 06:10:21 PM

Constant-term investment. Do not buy something and sell it right away, do not aim to be a day trader, day traders are people who work tirelessly to figure out which coin will be the best for that day and it takes a lot of experience and effort to be like them and even after all that they still fail sometimes. Do not buy a coin all at once and wait until it goes up, you can end up buying at the peak prices and hope it will return to those prices to just break even, it will not help you at all, it is not a good way.

Just invest periodically to couple coins and do not put all your money in there at once. Every month just put up a small portion of your money into the coins you like and do that constantly, that way if it goes up you will make profit and if it goes down you will buy more from cheaper prices.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1176
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 06:39:55 PM

From my point of view long term investment always gives good returns. There will be many ups and downs with the systems but long term period will recover everything. Long term duration also confirms the ability, reliability and flexibility of the token over other coins.
For short term investment, I still consider it as trading. Sure, short term investment can give good gains but also there are chancess of losses. If we have enough time to follow the market and enough money to trade and even to adopt losses, short term investment in not an bad option.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: