Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:35:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Short-term or long-term investment?  (Read 856 times)
whiteblue

Activity: 1246
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:11:42 PM

For me, I would like to buy the ETH for my long-term investment, anyway, I don't trust any new coins in the market, there are  many new project and new coins listing in the exchange, but I don't it better than ETH or more.

ethereum does have very good potential and is very suitable if used as a long-term investment, but ethereum has a very high risk so you should remain vigilant.
wahyu5

Activity: 729

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:12:44 PM

Of course short-term investments are more likely to generate profits, but maybe what we get through short-term investments cannot be as large as the benefits we can get through long-term investments. But in my opinion, short-term investment is much safer and avoids the risk of large losses, while long-term investments seem to take a long time and contain the risk of very large losses.
frcat

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:13:20 PM

It depends what you mean by short-term and long-term? This is one month, or one year or few years? And which profit you want to get?
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:15:48 PM

Long-term investments are less risky because all market fluctuations do not matter for such investments, the main thing is the result obtained after many years of positive results.

Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:22:27 PM

In a market of this nature and with the rate at which some coins are growing and some plunging, I would rather go one what will give me a short term profit.
I am yet to see a point, where I will accumulate coins for long term purpose, except those I have been holding for a long time.
If you are able to wait, then cardano should be good for long term.
accounting 181293

Activity: 662
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:25:28 PM

both are good for now. but I prefer short term because the risk is not too big. when the market is still in this state it is better to invest in short-term, if our predictions are not suitable we can sell it. so you can minimize the losses.
indoagung88 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:28:47 PM

Everything has their own plus and minus, the most important thing for me is balance, divide the money into two, one in short term portfolio and the other in long term, because we can not authoritatively say that we have hit the bottom of he bear market,and if not a dump of BTC to $1k region will result in more than 50% loss in your portfolio
Thank you for your advice, I understand that in the long or short term investment certainly has advantages and disadvantages in it. And that is something that is natural, and in fact must consider the general and broad market conditions. (50 / 50) Maybe it seems to divide up a good idea, but it's too difficult for me to choose a good altcoin for now.

✦ files.fm library ✦
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
IndianaJons

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:31:02 PM

I want to invest with $ 2000, and I will choose 5 altcoins. Maybe one of them is Cardano. Is the short term more likely to gain profit or vice versa with the long term? Thank you.

Why choose for a short time or a long one, you don’t bury them in a hole. Bought coins and wait for them to rise in price to an acceptable level for you - sell. That's all investing.

SaRmY

Activity: 645
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:32:13 PM

Grin I guess that many continue to invest in the market. Without waiting for even the minimum vostonovleniya. I think now there are several projects that are very relevant. Waves for example. But I think now you better do an independent analysis of the market. And look for coins that continue to grow even in this market situation.
shulc7

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:37:03 PM

I want to invest with $ 2000, and I will choose 5 altcoins. Maybe one of them is Cardano. Is the short term more likely to gain profit or vice versa with the long term? Thank you.

Crypto is best way to become rich in a short time. I know some guys who have become rich just by putting their money in right time in right place. So it works! Use it.
Nivia1st

Activity: 821

Volare.network

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:42:36 PM

if talking about profit, long-term opportunities have greater opportunities. but if the market situation such as the long term is very risky. so I recommend for the short term. You can buy and sell when you get a profit. do not force to hold for long. but it's all back to you, this is just a suggestion.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:45:18 PM

Crypto is best way to become rich in a short time. I know some guys who have become rich just by putting their money in right time in right place. So it works! Use it.
huh? It is not game of fools who want to get rich overnight. Crypto market is volatile and even talking about doubling balance is risky. Unacceptable events happen on market and volatile market conditions will not cover your expense in case of getting caught on wrong side.
Andrey13101991

Activity: 551

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 06:47:18 PM

it's better to be a short-term investor because it's safer. now it is difficult to invest long term when the market does not have clarity. only fools want to try that. as long as bitcoin still shows signs of declining it is better not to try to invest long term in any altcoin.
you need to invest in Bitcoin) you correctly say that in such a period it is better to bypass all altcoins.
indoagung88 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 07:06:06 PM

If you consider the current market situation, definitely it is a good time to invest in long term market because almost all coin lost their value more than 90%. So, in the long term, those price will recover. So, it's better to invest for a long term now.
It seems that you are right, the long term has more good potential than currently unstable market conditions to enjoy. Well, every choice and plan will definitely have the risk and nothing is easy. But at least we have a plan. Thank you for your attention.

✦ files.fm library ✦
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 11:23:40 PM

Short term profit would be nice, but there is a little chance that an investor would cash out after a 10% of profit. This is a long-term game for me (maybe because I am young and I know that I will not be given any pension whatsoever) and I have a lot of time which I would like to use in a profitable manner. I would not look at the price and its ups and downs: if the team is active and doing their best, there is a hope for an insane spike if they are sucessful. Even though I am not into Cardano, I can not say it is a bad pick though. On the other hand, never put all your eggs into a single basket  Wink. Focus on your main goal and ignore short-term patterns which will not mean a thing in 5-10 years. It might be worth zero as well, put there just some extra money and you can have fun with it, at the very least Grin.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
djuragan

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:09:09 AM

I believe choosing short term or long term would be depends on our need on that fund. If we wish to look for quick profit then choosing the short term will be better, and vice versa. It need to be decided at the beginning of the investment phase.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:38:06 AM

I believe choosing short term or long term would be depends on our need on that fund. If we wish to look for quick profit then choosing the short term will be better, and vice versa. It need to be decided at the beginning of the investment phase.
For me, none of this two kind are matter... You need to set first a legit and reliable crypto project than asking if long or short term. Investment is about putting your asset on those worthy projects and the time is just a part of it.
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:42:21 AM

I don't think any coins/altcoins is worth investing at the moment for short term because bear market is still ongoing and maybe will last few more months or years. Well i think cardano is a good choice of investment for long-term.

jakagintiri

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

www.coinxes.io

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:49:04 AM

Both short-term and long-term investments have the potential to generate a lot. It depends on how far you can save your money in the right coins. However, if you pay attention to the current bear market development, your decision to plant in several fields is a safe choice.

Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:50:48 AM

In the current market, hard to expect short term profits so invest only those funds that you can spare for the long term. Once market starts moving up strongly, then short-term trading can work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: