Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:08:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which is better to burn tokens every year or dividends every year?  (Read 224 times)
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 08:24:33 PM

Both will do and many projects now are considering of quarterly buy back and burn. Some new exchanges are now offering dividends to their token holders. This strategy is beneficial for both developers and investors. As this will attract more investors and price will surely go up. This is also good for long-term and dividends is surely a great passive income.
johnthree

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:33:03 PM

Hi all ...
which do you think is better for long-term projects, burn tokens or dividends every year?
both of these choices have their own advantages. which one is more reliable to increase prices and keep the ecosystem of tokens on the market?

I want to hear your opinion about these two things.

With EVOAI, you get a bit of the best of both worlds.  They're burning unsold tokens, which increases the value.  And you regularly get paid and share of the company's profits.

With that said, I would prefer dividends, since if you solely burn tokens yearly, yes the value of your tokens will increase.  But you don't actually make any profit until you sell.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:10:01 PM

I would definitely go for dividends and those too preferably every quarter and paid in btc, eth or usd and not in the project's own token as paying dividend in its own token will only cause massive dumps after each dividend so personally i prefer eth dividends and i do not like token burns or buy backs as they produce negligible effect and investors do not feel confident in such a model.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
ilcapitano

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 03:18:28 AM

Hi all ...
which do you think is better for long-term projects, burn tokens or dividends every year?
both of these choices have their own advantages. which one is more reliable to increase prices and keep the ecosystem of tokens on the market?

Tokens is also the dividend of the company when it comes into operation. Income of investors are more guaranteed and so it will be more attractive

★★★ BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer |BTC & BCH| FAST MIX | API | PGP PROOF | ESCROW ★★★
★ Tor and Clearnet mirrors | Payouts Every 60 seconds | Cheap 2% Service Fee | The Most Advanced Mixer | Discuss More
juchin

Activity: 290
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:11:29 AM

Hi all ...

I think burn tokens will be better than dividends every year and it can make the price more and more raise after that

fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:18:49 AM

Hi all ...

I think burn tokens will be better than dividends every year and it can make the price more and more raise after that

Certainly we got different views on this because to me dividends are much convenient than trying to lessen the circulating supply. It doesn't help when manipulators come it and its inevitable. Look what happen to ICN where they tend to burn tokens, thins never change whereas for distributing dividends, the team has something to lose so they'd have to make the project impressive for investors.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:38:40 AM

I'm just curious is to know what are the advantages and what are the major differences between these two options other than obvious things. I mean burning will lead less number of tokens to represent your project whereas dividends will obviously increase the value of your tokens. I'm not sure what are the own advantages of these two methods, you are talking about (it is better to add them up in OP itself).

I do hear corporate are following a method of "splitting" so that they will be having more number of shares but with less value. If you consider this then burning out must be a new thing after the introduction of crypto space. People are keeping weightage to "total market cap" rather than value of one unit. So, burning cannot be a right option.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:06:04 AM

which one is more reliable to increase prices

none of them.
price only rises under two circumstances: 1. with pumps 2. with adoption.
the pumps are obviously what has been happening to altcoins and tokens but they are not sustainable, eventually the dump comes and prices go back down to initial value and lower than that.

the only way to increase the price is by adoption and for that the coin has to have use cases in the real world otherwise it doesn't matter how much tokens you burn or do whatever else, the coin is doomed to die.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:32:12 AM

For me I will go for the burn token projects as they are more effective on the price ,it lowers that max supply and it makes the adoption worthy but actually the coin project must still be a good one actually ,you can't expect a crappy one with burn implementation to surge on price because no one will really have interest to buy ,I guess adoption matters a lot too

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 08:02:26 AM

Hi all ...

The crypto market is in a way different from how it used to be, in the sense that, even if there is huge supply of tokens, the price can still rise, if the project has a good product.
So whether there is token burn or dividends on yearly basis, the magnitude of the product of such project is the most important.
If it has good product, accompanied with either token burn or dividends to holders, it will enhance its growth.
Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 08:14:09 AM

With bear market burning token might make little or no difference, I have seen different projects that have burn token yet the price is yet to increase, i think using both method may be better.
MainIbem

Activity: 1358
Merit: 390

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 08:53:58 AM

Hi all ...

I have a question about this burning of tokens.

Who monitors the burning process? Is there independent accessors to the burning of tokens?

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄