Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:46:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How bitcoin inheritance can be achieved.  (Read 505 times)
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 01:11:30 PM

I've been thinking about inheritance and I've thought of a few options for this but I'm wondering if there's anything better:

1. (my favourite) make a transaction for a block approximately 10 years in the future from my current bitcoin address and sign it leaving the rawtx hash, a qr code and an address and private key in plain text that will be funded at that block height.
2. Send it to an exchange (OK not a great plan but not the worst either) custody of the funds on a ln exchange will be awarded to those who inherit the email account and other information...
3. Leave my computer as it is and see if people can work out what I've done (though it includes some fairly complex multisig that will turn it into a bit of a treasure hunt).
4. Buy physical bitcoin every so often and use that to store the coins instead but the mini private keys might not be too secure.

Anyone else got any ideas?

1. maybe you have to explain this to a third party or your child directly that your inheritance will come and you wil receive it in the next 10 years. this is a good idea.

2. I'm afraid the exchange site being a scam, I will avoid this method
many exchanges doesnt last for a long time

3. I am afraid my child will not understand what I have saved, if I just leave my computer just like that.

4. Too risky if someone breaks into it.

This is an interesting article, honestly I didn't think of this because I was very young. Cheesy
and the mainstream way is using fiat money, gold, real estate for inheritance. and most people still use third parties such as notaries to share the inheritance of their parents
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: