Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:22:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please let's halt the Madness of Everyday New Cryptocurrency Release  (Read 197 times)
Akpuv (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 09:40:29 PM

I am quite sure I am not the only one having this bad feeling of seeing new coins or tokens released on a daily basis.

The ICOs era is almost gone, and now some people are already promoting the relative new phenomenon of STOs just as they started with ICOs few years ago.

We don't need the random new tokens in the crypto market everyday. We already have cryptocurrencies far more than enough. If we continue to create tokens for everything, every product or every service category, it means we can have over 1,000,000 different coins or tokens by the year 2050. My question now is, who will bother purchasing another person's token when anyone can easily create his? Even with 100,000 tokens, it will be a dead end for cryptocurrency market. I am not even sure if Bitcoin itself could survive it.

The earlier we look for a way to regulate the market and halt the free release of tokens, the better for cryptocurrency's survival.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
coinycoiny

Activity: 273
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 10:29:04 PM

But the new ones are just as good, or better than the old ones.

Did you buy the wrong ones? Is your pump and dump failing?
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 10:39:05 PM

Then am not sure you have been up to date about the condition of initial coin offering of late mate.
Due to the market collapse there have been reduced initial coin offering projects around.
And I don't think it should bother you that much if there are much ico project you can just ignore them
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 02:36:45 AM

The crypto market will develop over time and coins / tokens from projects that offer advantages and have consistency in working on the project will last. It's all a choice for buyers to see and learn the coins / tokens they want to buy
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 05:29:29 AM

I do not think we should be worrying about that. This market is like survival of the fittest, only the solid projects will survive whether they are old or new.  Preventing new coins that offers new tech to come out may also prevent the growth of this market.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 06:15:47 AM

If someone wish to launch a new crypto, we can't do anything. Ignorance can work, in that case, we need unity. We have a lot of crypto, that's true but we have lack in necessary crypto. There are a lot of thing to bring in the market. I welcome all the new project with good feature.
wedosgibas

Activity: 535
Merit: 33

here we go

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 06:48:19 AM

Yes, I think the same as you, but the good side is that crypto will grow widely in all categories. In the future, we see how they maintain their respective projects.
The bad ones will disappear from market, replaced by new ones.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:05:41 AM

i think it is a good thing. the altcoin market needs to be filled with shit until it overflows so that maybe that way people start realizing that what they have been buying has been "shitcoins" not actual cryptocurrencies that they promise to be.
and as soon as people realize that, they will stop giving their money to these shitcoins and that means it becomes unprofitable to create them anymore, so they naturally stop.

you see, until that point people are going to continue investing in ICOs, buy shitcoins,... and that gives the creators profit so they will continue.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
kaito.

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:39:50 PM

don't worry my friend, from thousand of token released through an ICO or STO only a portion of it will survive for long term's so there's no problem i think if people made a new token everyday, it not like thoose token will be used by mass for a long time like BTC anyways.
new cryptocurrency mean's new money to add in market so i think it's a good thing because in the end all that token will be paired in BTC or other trusted ALTcoin and it will add to old coin volume.
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 05:34:12 PM

Surely there will be many tokens in a few years, but only a handful of them will have a value. This development will certainly be over sometime and less token will come on the market, but until then much time will pass. Moreover, this will certainly not lead to the end of crypto, but you should be aware that not every token will survive.
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 05:40:41 PM

Until there is a full verification and regulation of the ICO, many projects will be released. Remember HYIP, you will not be able to count how many of them already... The same thing happens with ICO

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

AristoteI

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 06:06:20 PM

You say very correct things, nobody needs a million different types of currency currencies. Because in all this diversity it will be very difficult to understand, it is enough to have several dozen major currencies. With the help of which it will be possible to satisfy any needs of people.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:16:44 PM

The ICOs era is almost gone
According to whom?

If we continue to create tokens for everything, every product or every service category, it means we can have over 1,000,000 different coins or tokens by the year 2050.
Sure, we can millions of tokens in the market, question is, how many of those could actually have a real-wold use case? How many of those are actually innovative projects or have real world applications? I'd say 95% of those tokens will probably be either vaporware or money grabbing projects, and in time, they'll most likely dissapear.

My question now is, who will bother purchasing another person's token when anyone can easily create his?
People would rather choose between a well-known and well established crypto over a new one, plus why waste time and resources in creating your own crypto when therea plenty of options to choose from in the crypto space?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:41:04 PM

On a closer look it won't be that easy to stop the inflow of new Tokens into the ecosystem. New projects emerge everyday with promise of solving one or two problems or bringing decentralisation for a particular sphere of life. The thing there is left for people to choose wisely the ones to go for. When I look back to some ICOs I witnessed in 2017, most of them never made it beyond that year.
Gatsby club

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

keyTango

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:50:51 PM

The problem that you are saying is actually taking place. On the one hand, there is a huge amount of unnecessary coins, in which no one can figure out completely, And on the other hand, all of us should have the right to do what we want and what we consider necessary to do, including release and create your own coins.

funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:54:49 PM

I am quite sure I am not the only one having this bad feeling of seeing new coins or tokens released on a daily basis.

The ICOs era is almost gone, and now some people are already promoting the relative new phenomenon of STOs just as they started with ICOs few years ago.

We don't need the random new tokens in the crypto market everyday. We already have cryptocurrencies far more than enough. If we continue to create tokens for everything, every product or every service category, it means we can have over 1,000,000 different coins or tokens by the year 2050. My question now is, who will bother purchasing another person's token when anyone can easily create his? Even with 100,000 tokens, it will be a dead end for cryptocurrency market. I am not even sure if Bitcoin itself could survive it.

The earlier we look for a way to regulate the market and halt the free release of tokens, the better for cryptocurrency's survival.

There are over 1000 ICO's upcoming... They have a schedule for ICO. Today we have over 2000 coins in the market. Soon we will be reached to 3k.

But I am not sure what we really need that! Well you tell me, do we?
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 08:16:31 PM

Everything is being tokenised these days. You need to get in first in order to establish a foothold in the relevant industry. First one might not be the best but it will be the most popular. Just look at ethereum which is crap compared with EOS and NEO

DanWalker

Activity: 1960
Merit: 547

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 08:49:36 PM

The strongest will win. It's normal thing when initially we have a lot of different species and with time only few of them survive. The market is a perfect sandbox and the community is a great judge. Everything will turn out by itself naturally. I don't think we will have and USE thousands of different cryptos in future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 08:51:27 PM

I see no problem with people creating new coins or launching new projects. If these coins or projects are worthless nobody will pay attention to them, it's that easy. On the other hand, there is no way to prevent people from creating new tokens or coins, and this is a good thing, anyone can create the coin or token he wishes, but not everybody can create something with value.
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 09:00:05 PM

The bearish trend of the market and does everything to ensure that old projects which could be considered garbage disappeared. At the moment, many projects that conduct ICO are not so bad, in addition to some, but it is still dangerous to invest in ICO, since you will not get profit and it is quite possible to lose some money.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: