Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 05:46:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Venezuela: Crypto's law is enacted  (Read 326 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 04:15:03 AM

Let's design an ideal 'crypto-currency' for a nation under sanction from the existing monetary titans/private owners (currently the so-called 'petro-dollar' world reserve currency.)

Let me counter your proposal: Legalize bitcoin. Allow both the crypto and the fiat to coexist, people get to freely choose in which to pay and be paid with. Same thing some countries have with the USD running in parallel to their local fiat.

Bitcoin sucks for sanctions busting in almost all ways.  Certainly it could be a part of such an effort though, as could a number of other solutions which overcome the ever evolving crypto-fiat barrier and/or serve as viable reserve currencies in their own right.

PS: "Trusted authority" is anathema to decentralization and transparency...
And Maduro is the one rejecting the humanitarian aid that is piling in the borders, we shall see if the people can break this self imposed blockade soon...

That's just a non-sense statement (followed by some more laughable propaganda talking points.)

A purpose oriented sanctions busting crypto-currency used for exchange purposes does not need to overhead of being 'decentralized' and it doesn't do it much good.  The 'trusted authority' would be trusted (by me at least) only if they jealously facilitate transparency.  That's what makes them 'trusted.'

As a user of a system such as I've described I would have to 'trust' that Maduro would both win and make good on his promises after doing so.  Or more generally that the Venezuelan people would.  That is a different story and not particularly tied to the 'exchange currency' that I describe.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: