Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:22:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: price observer bot - suggest services, or create one  (Read 1232 times)
drakoin (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:49:12 AM

What I am really missing is a price observer.

Which alerts me by email, SMS (or at least some kind of blinky blinky thingy on a website) when a price for one of the currencies that I am observing leaves a predefined range.

Examples:

• Alert me if Auroracoin goes over 0.06 or below 0.02.
  • Alert me if Auroracoin leaves a range of +/- 50% around my buy price of 0.046
  • Alert me if the current volume per hour of Auroracoin is 10 times higher than usual.
  • Alert me if the Auroracoin price shoots upwards faster than 0.001 per hour
(Please share more ideas below)

But all that for the hundreds of altcoins are currently traded, not only the boring ~10 classical ones.
You need to connect to the data of poloniex, cryptorush, mintpal, etc.
Most exchanges provide APIs, but so far I have not been able to use them.

I am reluctant to code it myself, until I know that such a service really doesn't exist.

Or you do it. (Send me 3% of your profits for this idea www.tiny.cc/drakointip )
The business model is quite easy, too: Sell the alerts, for a very low BTC price per 100 alerts (then you will get tons of customers). If my balance goes to zero, then I get a last alert "refill!", and then afterwards none anymore.
For the beginning, (a very short!) email is enough, because I can connect email to SMS myself.
Please allow us to connect any exchange API.

thx

no sign of a signature

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:17:19 AM

i am able to do this because i have the needed data but i have to say my price data is 5-10 minutes behind realtime because i am fetching the data every 5-10 minutes from the different exchanges withch a GET request
drakoin (OP)

Activity: 826

see my profile

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:51:36 AM

i am able to do this because i have the needed data but i have to say my price data is 5-10 minutes behind realtime because i am fetching the data every 5-10 minutes from the different exchanges withch a GET request
That is an affordable lag.

It is (a) much better than several hours later, when my intuition finally gets me to check prices again :-) and (b) just a matter of computing power, and network bandwidth, so if we find a way that you can make more money than now, it's easy to afford for you, to request new data more often. And it can be (c) prioritising those exchanging for which the majority of people have created alerts. And it needs a fat warning: "You will be alerted ~15 minutes later".

Some kind of paid service could work for you?.What do you think about the business model idea?

no sign of a signature
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:28:53 PM

I usually fetch the data every 15s. Why do you wait so long?

CCRadar Sam

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:39:30 PM

http://www.cryptocoinradar.com may be close to what drakoin requested.
For now the service has just the "blinky blinky thingy" mode but may expand to email/sms alerts
if a large user base needs it.

Please inform us if you know any similar service to Cryptocoin Radar or you 'd like features added.
GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:40:52 AM

Send me 3% of your profits for this idea

Whay do you know how much does I profits?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: