Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:44:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BCBB? Bitcoin Business Bureau?  (Read 804 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 10:51:57 AM

Should we institute something like the Better Business Bureau for Bitcoin companies?

Companies sign up on the BCBB website and allow users to post any problems they have had with the company along with any resolutions.

The company pays the site for accreditation, users get to check out a company before using them and the decent companies get more users.

(I would say just go with BBB but they are not international, and they may not understand how Bitcoin companies work)

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:18:00 AM

Yeah man great thought bitcoin business bureau,  seems interesting and it will work wonder in customer's protection specially for the ponzi schemes and all in general.Will look forward for this btw are you implementing this idea???
stsbrad

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Brad Willman, SSCP, LTCP, MCTS,SCE,BCE

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:43:30 AM

Should we institute something like the Better Business Bureau for Bitcoin companies?

Companies sign up on the BCBB website and allow users to post any problems they have had with the company along with any resolutions.

The company pays the site for accreditation, users get to check out a company before using them and the decent companies get more users.

(I would say just go with BBB but they are not international, and they may not understand how Bitcoin companies work)

Love it
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:23:48 PM

a decentralized currency to a centralized Bureau  ? doesnt this contradict the whole idea?
"The company pays the site for accreditation , users get to check out a company before using them and the decent companies get more users." bitcointalk.org ?  + a bitcoin "foundation" ?  = not a good idea to my opinion.
You could easily reserve a section here a bitcointalk to post about credibility of each company
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:26:44 PM

That is something DATA is trying to do.

http://info.datauthority.org/wordpress/

Also the Bitcoin Foundation Just hired major players in Washington.  A lobbyest and a PR Executive.  That could be good news.

http://www.coindesk.com/

I think we need a grass roots, decentralized, peer to peer group.

If anyone is interested PM me.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:44:30 PM

Yeah what a wonderful idea! After all it is not like we have enough problem with the foundation, let's create another organization! Double the organizations, double the problems  Roll Eyes

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:35:15 PM

Learn to WoT.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 09:11:26 AM

Yeah what a wonderful idea! After all it is not like we have enough problem with the foundation, let's create another organization! Double the organizations, double the problems  Roll Eyes

I did not realize I could go to the Bitcoin Foundation to check out Bitcoin companies and complain about problems. Thank you for the info, do you have a link for this?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:19:22 PM

I did not realize I could go to the Bitcoin Foundation to check out Bitcoin companies and complain about problems. Thank you for the info, do you have a link for this?

You can't.  The Foundation still has the inputs.io logo on it's "Members Page"
SeaofBTC

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:54:41 PM

I think WoT is a far better solution than the BBB model. BBB is just another box businesses check, with a pretty bad rating system that does not reflect the business.

A rating = Avoid.
AA = Might be okay.
AAA = This is an average business.

I've seen some businesses do worse, but an "A" rating is a complete joke to acquire. Pay your fee, get a sticker. It is meaningless. We need something better than the old way of doing things.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:29:38 PM

Learn to WoT.

The proven model that gave us pirate@40 and other such luminaries.

Yes, there are upstanding people rated highly on the WoT as well. But it does not seem to be a definitive indicator.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:31:54 PM

I would tend to not trust any ratings from any biz rating organization - bitcoin or otherwise. In my experience, the BBB is a useless shakedown agency with meaningless ratings.

Could be worse - at least it doesn't have the power of law behind it.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
bitvestor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:38:44 AM

I just got into a shoe box to think.. I will update when i get out of the box..!
Breaking6745

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:39:55 AM

it could be the solution of many problems and maybe government could accept it like a mean of regulation, who knows
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:56:32 PM

The proven model that gave us pirate@40 and other such luminaries.

Yes, there are upstanding people rated highly on the WoT as well. But it does not seem to be a definitive indicator.

That some people misunderstand how the WoT is to be used doesn't make it any less than the correct tool.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: