Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:20:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LightningCash revival !! - LitecoinCash fork - Scrypt algo  (Read 589 times)
LighningCashDev (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 13

AKA merlin.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 08:53:43 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2022, 07:07:02 AM by LighningCashDev

LightningCash revival !! - LitecoinCash fork - Scrypt algo

--------------------------------------------------------------
This was the initial project thread

It has been launched on March 6th 2019 !!!

Still active on September 5th 2022 !!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matejbilahora

Activity: 1414
Merit: 275

Community built, Privacy driven

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:13:53 AM

Hmm, that sounds good. I am going to watch the project
olkah

Activity: 1484
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:15:00 AM

Windows Wallet !!!
TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:23:13 AM

How can you guarantee that this revival will gonna last long than the old one?
Based from your quick road map, as you presented it, the content is very general.
So I don't think you have the rock solid foundation here to sustain this project.
You can always refute such impression of mine. But hopefully, you have the capability to deliver results.
olkah

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:30:59 AM

http://prntscr.com/mia5ng   Cry Cry Cry Cry
LighningCashDev (OP)

AKA merlin.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 09:32:17 AM

Based from your quick road map, as you presented it, the content is very general.
So I don't think you have the rock solid foundation here to sustain this project.
You can always refute such impression of mine. But hopefully, you have the capability to deliver results.

I think I can

I have the experience of creating 4 coins already and I know more now what works and what dosen't

Grin
LighningCashDev (OP)

AKA merlin.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 09:33:31 AM

don't worry you will be able to mine it since you have scrypt asics olkah

;-)
LighningCashDev (OP)

AKA merlin.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 09:34:27 AM

Hmm, that sounds good. I am going to watch the project

thx !!

Grin
olkah

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:35:18 AM

;-)

but it's not the right wallet.
olkah

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:41:14 AM

with no bloc a fork here Huh
LighningCashDev (OP)

AKA merlin.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 09:43:00 AM

;-)

but it's not the right wallet.

LitecoinCash =  existing coin

LightningCash = future fork of LitecoinCash ( and revival of LightningCash's name, but different blockchain )

LightningCash = not ready yet

olkah

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:52:36 AM

addnode= Huh Huh Huh Huh
LighningCashDev (OP)

AKA merlin.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 09:53:34 AM

addnode= Huh Huh Huh Huh

LightningCash = not ready yet

why is it so hard to understand...........     Roll Eyes
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 10:35:06 AM

I think I can

I have the experience of creating 4 coins already and I know more now what works and what dosen't

Grin
4 coins? impressive. I'm only aware of Charlie Lee needing to create one that ya'll forking. And Satoshi only need one to birth a whole universe of forking. So, why 4? What happened to these 4 that you now need to launch a fifth rather than fixing one of those (assumed) failures? Where they forks too?
AkiAfroo

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 10:41:09 AM

man how many coin have you been created  Huh with this one is the number 4th i guess.

pd, i think you are getting boring.- 4th coins  all the same with different name.
podpod

Activity: 442
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 02:15:22 PM

another shitcoin scam.   when will these scammers stop
LighningCashDev (OP)

AKA merlin.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 08:27:17 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2019, 12:03:49 PM by LighningCashDev

I think I can

Grin
4 coins? impressive. I'm only aware of Charlie Lee needing to create one that ya'll forking. And Satoshi only need one to birth a whole universe of forking. So, why 4? What happened to these 4 that you now need to launch a fifth rather than fixing one of those (assumed) failures? Where they forks too?

Because i keep learning. They failed because I am broke and don't have a lot to put for marketing, exchanges listings, etc.
People lost interest pretty fast and mining staled.

But I think this is the one. First, LitecoinCash is good. Well developed. More secure than other coins. And the hive concept is just... fun !

DarkGravityWave :

Basically, it's an advanced difficulty adjustment algorithm, with difficulty adjustments every block.

Quoted from their white paper :

2.3. Dark Gravity Wave
The algorithm we have chosen to adjust mining difficulty target in Litecoin Cash, is the
popular and successful Dark Gravity Wave[6] algorithm first conceptualised by Evan
Duffield and implemented in the Dash currency. In brief, it acts as a critically damped
harmonic oscillator to respond effectively to logarithmic scale changes in mining power
over short periods, as well as roughly stable and constant hash-rates.
Dark Gravity Wave uses multiple exponential moving averages and a simple moving
average to smoothly adjust the difficulty. This implementation resolves possible exploits
in Kimoto Gravity Well, a related earlier work, by limiting the difficulty retargetting to 3
times the 14 period EMA difficulty average. Our implementation of Dark Gravity Wave
allows the difficulty to adjust upwards by 300% or downwards by 60% every block.
This was chosen to allow Litecoin Cash to gracefully cope with the rapidly growing,
potentially unstable and certainly unpredictable hash-rate dynamic of a new network
undergoing community adoption, as well as to respond effectively to any future shifts in
mining power from or to the network.

Some more information on darkgravitywave and difficulty adjustments from LCC's whitepaper :

4.2. Effective Difficulty Adjustment
To give consistent mining performance a cryptocurrency must make some effort to respond to changes in network hashing rate4
. This is particularly true of a new currency and especially so when there already exists significant potential hashpower available. For
this reason, the mining difficulty should be recalculated as frequently as possible, in the
case of Litecoin Cash at every block, and a robust retargetting algorithm should be used,
in this case, Dark Gravity Wave.

Also, of course, the hive. Helps protect against 51 % attacks ( a bit like bitcoin and ethereum planed to do ), and at the same time, doubles the number of transactions that can be included in a pow block. And if there are transactions that dosen't make it in the pow block, they can get in the associated hive mined block.

AND... the hive is like putting aside money in a bank account to make it profit. It is also a democratised coin, they are close to their community, they got 4 great developers and maybe more now, idk, and they premined less than 1 % of total supply ( 0.65 % ) , which in my opinion is fair if they want a chance to compete against giant cryptos like bitcoin and ethereum.

LitecoinCash went up a lot in the last 10 days. Among 2061 cryptocurrencies listed on coinmarketcap.com, they are ranked 210 at the time i write this. And their coin launched only 11 months ago.

So all in all :

I am more experienced now

A scrypt/hive hybrid fork of LitecoinCash, with faster block time, would be new in the market, and the hive concept would then be available to scrypt miners out-there, not only for sha256 miners.

Got many marketing proposals, exchanges negotiations are already underway, etc.

.... and it's not because the other coins failed that this one will. I strongly believe that it's an excellent idea. 1 year ago I knew very little about ICOs, premines, and all that... Those dead coins made me learn. A lot. And I learn fast.

My goal is not to make a shit tons of money and scam people. I want to be transparent to all and tell the simple truth.

Now I won't lose too much time refuting and answering the scam accusations that always comes with new coins ( believe me I have gone through it ! ). I'll just do the best I can do to build up a nice community, and go forward remembering lessons from the past.

And btw, the premine will be 0.65 % also. Not 16 % or 4 or whatever. Remember, I am broke. So success will mostly come from my social and programming skills.

Slowly but surely, the bird makes its nest.  Wink

LighningCashDev (OP)

AKA merlin.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 08:36:14 PM

I am asking everyone this question :

Should LCC's fork be a brand new blockchain, or the continuation of LCC's blockchain with LightningCash given to LCC's holders at launch ?

Huh
matejbilahora

Activity: 1414
Merit: 275

Community built, Privacy driven

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:16:20 PM

I am asking everyone this question :

Should LCC's fork be a brand new blockchain, or the continuation of LCC's blockchain with LightningCash given to LCC's holders at launch ?

Huh
Well I think that brand new chain is much better solution.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 10:54:26 PM

I think I can

Grin

I hope not so many people got broke because of those 4 coins that you created.
It clearly says here that people should be aware that this one might be heading to that direction also.
You can't guarantee the success of your coin yet. Anticipating that no one will get broke on this one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: