Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:44:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What causes tokens been dumped after a successful ICO.  (Read 874 times)
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 08:23:07 PM

Token dump is just for profit, as a bounty hunter the most important reason why I dump my token when I receive is definitely to make profit and I know am not the only one that has the same mindset

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:09:51 PM

everyone wants to rapid and immediately get the best results before the value falls. this basis is the reason a lot of this value and the disposal took place is not good for the ongoing case. but surely many who have their own way to prepare a better token and a low price to start from scratch after getting lucky.
SMOKEU

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:33:57 PM

mostly investors are the one dumping their tokens, they want to get their money back fast so they can invest to another project again.. people are saying its the bounty hunters who are causing about the dump but its not!

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
kristensoto

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:49:57 PM

Token dump is just for profit, as a bounty hunter the most important reason why I dump my token when I receive is definitely to make profit and I know am not the only one that has the same mindset
that will be a good choice for both investors and bounty hunters because they all know after the ICO the price ususally has tendancy to rise  much higher if the project success, and that will be the good time for them to sell for profit making the price drop very fast in short time.

rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 06:55:10 PM

Everybody thinks bounties first but no, it is not bounties.

It is huge bonuses giving out to private parties, huge amounts giving out for team, partners, advisors and freelancers. Bounty is just a small drop on the sea.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 07:03:10 PM

it is mostly dumped because of the team. if team could collect good money during the crowdsale it means that they made a good marketing strategy, but if they dont care about moving the project forward but they want only money they easily dump the coins they have.
Petchant

Activity: 172
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 07:50:22 PM

I have read many write ups online about this. Most time after the end of a solid project ICO, there will be short term soaring of its price before its price balance up. If the project is not that popular, expect its price to dip after the ico and as times goes on if the team continues to work on it, it will balance up.

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 08:06:05 PM

The major cause of the price of tokens going below ico price is the big bonuses the give to early investors, that is my opinion . although others are of the opinion that bounty hunters are usually the cause but i don't want to believe that . i have seen a project where the developers  locked hunters reward  for months , yet the price of the token still dump way below ico price.

Again , the activities of the developers. if they are actively following their time line investors would want to hold and  not dump the token at a cheap rate . but if the reverse is the case, then investors may  dump the token  just to try to get back their capital.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 08:25:51 PM

It's widely known that the biggest dumpers are presale and private investors who get big discounts in ICOs. In your example, you are talking about one investor who gets a 25% bonus, which is relatively low considering that there are ICOs where early investors can get 50% or higher bonuses. They can easily sell their tokens, get profit and buy again at a much lower price.

I support this one, as the discount is really big on presale and private investors.
ICO TEAM Should end this kind of thread, as they should give a lock in period on those people.
People telling that market is being dumped by bounty participants which is not true.

nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 08:30:07 PM

all people want to earn some money that's why they sell tokens and it causes the price dump. but if the project is good it will be a short dump.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:19:00 PM

If that us the mindset every bounty hunter has, then the tokens received will continue to dump and you might not see it rise again. It's just good there are exceptions to that, because many are now beginning to realise the potential in some coins.
ataki

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:35:14 PM

Early bird investors with huge bonuses are the biggest dumpers as they taking the profit. Bounty hunters are here to be blamed. I have faced a situation when the hunters were blamed that the token price crashed and the hunters bounty distribution  was delayed and no rewards was distributed to them at that moment.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:58:41 PM

If an ICO reaches at least softcap or much better hardcap they should have a buyback plan or trading competition, etc. to keep the price, not below ico price bounty allocation is often 1 or just 2% only on ICO Sales right? The project can easily buyback it to bounty hunters if they want to. Why they are not doing this maybe they don't have a plan some are just creating difficult claiming procedures after the bounty looks like they don't want to pay the bounty hunters they want a free promotion.

Early bird investors with huge bonuses are the biggest dumpers as they taking the profit. Bounty hunters are here to be blamed. I have faced a situation when the hunters were blamed that the token price crashed and the hunters bounty distribution  was delayed and no rewards was distributed to them at that moment.

You have a point most of the time investors with huge bonuses they are the one dumping, not the bounty hunters.
I think they should try a different distribution method like distributing first on bounty hunter because bounty allocation is very low, create a buyback program and then distribute to ico investors.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 10:26:56 PM

all people want to earn some money that's why they sell tokens and it causes the price dump. but if the project is good it will be a short dump.
Is not it unreasonable to sell cheaply to make money? In order to make money in trade, you need to buy from low and sell from high price.
Anyway, if they do not have the strategies to keep the price better, they should stay away.
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 10:29:08 PM

most ICO are basically considered to raise money with little or no intent of protecting the investors resources and ensure that it becomes as profiting a project for the investor who invested money and the prospective investors too that will consider buying into the project in the longrun

CleverOracle

Activity: 549

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:59:35 PM

The price dump when it hits exchange and the buyers or investors lost their interest on the coin because the team became inactive of giving updates after the token sale and not following the Roadmap that led to keep delaying all of their plan especially the launch of their working product.

torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:07:32 PM

If that us the mindset every bounty hunter has, then the tokens received will continue to dump and you might not see it rise again. It's just good there are exceptions to that, because many are now beginning to realise the potential in some coins.
The token doesn't have a lot of volumes to provide the best liquidity and that should be the main reason. But i should agree if most of the bounty hunters was thinking about that. they will always dump it even it gives them all some dollars.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 11:44:49 PM

Well this has become a normal trend in this bearish ecosystem, once a token gets listed after a successful ICO it dumps, one of the reason I think is that most list in very cheap exchanges with less volume and this automatically affect the price of the token because of less demand.

abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:52:04 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2019, 02:38:32 AM by abstractednerve

It's widely known that the biggest dumpers are presale and private investors who get big discounts in ICOs. In your example, you are talking about one investor who gets a 25% bonus, which is relatively low considering that there are ICOs where early investors can get 50% or higher bonuses. They can easily sell their tokens, get profit and buy again at a much lower price.

Yes, you are absolutely right here. Some people always love to blame bounty hunters or supporters by calling dumpers! They should know the Private and Presale investors are the dumpers, and recently many partners are also being a dumper! Recently I involved with TCAT project where TCAT's partner is dumping the coin price and the TCAT team is buying back those to protect the price! For all of these reasons the token price is dumping and the successful ICO is not doing anything to protect the price!

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

sadmaster

Activity: 392
Merit: 15

Bitwings !

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:57:35 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2019, 01:19:39 PM by sadmaster

The huge bonuses given by the companies to their presale investors or large holders is. Most of the time pre sale buyers would get about 20% at most more tokens when they bought in the presale. Then they would either sell this once the coin is listed or hold it till it get pumped a little bit then they will dump all their bag of coins.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: